Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Color code for IPL red leather?

Old 07-11-2017, 10:03 PM
IPLBrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Color code for IPL red leather?

Hello MyG37!

First post here, and I look forward to becoming an active member as I've recently acquired a 2013 G37 IPL 'vert in malbec black with red leather. Actually, my second one, but that's a story for another post...

At any rate, please forgive any newbie mistakes, as well as my excessive use of smilies , and know that I live in appreciation of the knowledge you all provide.

My second IPL (the current one) has the same red leather as the first, but some portions appear a dark pink instead, and it's obvious that overexposure to the sun has caused fading. In one area, the 'dark red' appears to be rubbing off, like it's a coating of sorts.

A friend of mine who owns a car dealership and is knowledgeable about such things said that I need to get leather color that sprays on, and he can get me the exact color if I give him the color code of the interior. How do I find this? Can I simply get the spray from Infiniti directly?

This is my first effort to make my new-to-me G37 better than the day it rolled off the line, but there are many more to come. Thanks for your input and help!

-Brog
Old 07-11-2017, 10:21 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
dont do it man and i dont think leather paint code exists

Search this Thread