Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Weather Tech vs. OEM All Weather Mats

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 05:32 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
^O.o
im with him lol
Old 03-08-2014, 06:24 PM
awais
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
This is why one should get weather techs.

IMG_20140308_162902 by awais_i, on Flickr
Old 03-08-2014, 07:21 PM
bri

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Going to pick up a set of the Maxpider probably next month. I like that they have a carpet version and don't like the feel of plastic around my feet.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:59 AM
cjizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by awais

IMG_20140308_162902 by awais_i, on Flickr
whoa! wth happened
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by awais

Sorry, awais, but that's BS.

That right there is an example on why you should clean your winter mats over the winter. You're showing that picture as if it's a situation beyond your control. But it only gets that way because you let it get that way.

Seriously, it's not that hard to deal with this. Just bring them into the house when they get bad, so that the rubber can warm up. Run boiling hot water over them to rinse, then clean with soap and water. Afterwards, treat them with a rubber/plastic protectant of your choice. If you do that often enough, the salt and debris won't build up and get all over your carpeting.

It also helps to treat them with silicon spray once or twice a year.

OP, I have OEM winter mats in my G37, and WeatherTech mats in my wife's Honda. The INFINITI mats are a better fit, and seem to be made with a sturdier design and/or material than the WeatherTechs. Not that the WeatherTechs are bad or anything, just not as good.

Lastly, if you ever neglect your mats to the point that awais here seems to be going, it's still no big deal. Just buy another set. Either one should be under or around $100 for all four. If you do that only twice over the span of vehicle ownership, that's money well spent.

Originally Posted by cjizzle
whoa! wth happened
Winter. Road salt. Work boots. And no time or motivation to clean it up.

It's been a really, really bad winter.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:25 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
I agree, a little cleaning once a while will make a difference but i understand that we had a really bad winter. OEM Mats really don't cover the sides but i am always careful where i place my feet when entering the vehicle. I have Maxpider mats (for anyone interested) that i was using before the OEM's and they were a high quality carpet that can withstand snow, rain, etc. I just liked the OEM rubber mats better.

I found my set on Ebay while searching for other parts over the course of a month or two. I always check out Ebay for any new items that are listed and under priced and bought them without hesitation. They looked brand new and they sure were. The best $40 i ever spent on the car.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:54 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
I agree, a little cleaning once a while will make a difference but i understand that we had a really bad winter. OEM Mats really don't cover the sides but i am always careful where i place my feet when entering the vehicle. I have Maxpider mats (for anyone interested) that i was using before the OEM's and they were a high quality carpet that can withstand snow, rain, etc. I just liked the OEM rubber mats better.

I found my set on Ebay while searching for other parts over the course of a month or two. I always check out Ebay for any new items that are listed and under priced and bought them without hesitation. They looked brand new and they sure were. The best $40 i ever spent on the car.

I like the Maxspider/3D look but did the anchors match up or did you have to rig the mats?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 PM
JohnnyD

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Oh man, that is horrible. I couldn't deal with that....

I have OEM rubber mats and are pleased with them. OEM fit can't be beat and looks better than any aftermarket mat will. I don't live in the north, but it gets nasty every once in a while. I clean my mats regularly and they stay looking new.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:12 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The Weather Tech fits better and has more coverage then the OEM. Stock carpet oem mat looks nice until it got wet and smells. Of course the Weather Tech is expensive, but they can sale it for that price because people like the product. I had went thru bunch of OEM, aftermarket rubbers, OEM rubbers with all my cars. The Weather Tech works best and worth the money, IMO.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:44 PM
SilverG37X604

hi i saw you ordered the weathertech mats for you G37 im looking at the weather tech website did you order for Floor Retention Device (Type):Single Floor Post or dual floor post dont know which is what
Old 12-11-2018, 03:39 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
the G37 sedan has a two-post driver's mat. single-post passenger mat.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:19 AM
SilverG37X604

so im guessing i choose the two post one in the option because on the driver side there is 2 holes and passenger side there is only 1
Old 12-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Holy zombie thread.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:57 PM
Enzo1330
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CodeG
The Weather Tech fits better and has more coverage then the OEM. Stock carpet oem mat looks nice until it got wet and smells. Of course the Weather Tech is expensive, but they can sale it for that price because people like the product. I had went thru bunch of OEM, aftermarket rubbers, OEM rubbers with all my cars. The Weather Tech works best and worth the money, IMO.

Thanks for info I have been trying to decide which ones to get because the OEM ones were so much cheaper.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:48 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Enzo1330
Thanks for info I have been trying to decide which ones to get because the OEM ones were so much cheaper.

weather techs are that much better than the Infiniti branded rubber mats. I have both for my 2010 sedan.

I’d be willing to part with the rubber ones... weathertech won’t go anywhere.

Quick Reply: Weather Tech vs. OEM All Weather Mats