Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Stolen Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM
winkerbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Stolen Car Cover

Well it happened, I have my G parked in front of my house and someone stole the car cover off of it. I have a group home (like a halfway house for juveniles) in my neighborhood, and I can't help but to think they are to blame, but really who knows no proof (Wish i had a camera on the G like some of my fellow members). I'm just trying to give myself answers whether justified or not. Now I wouldn't bring this issue to the community, but i'm hoping that someone sold their G recently and has a car cover I can take off of their hands for a deal. Because (Murphy's law) it hadn't snowed full force here yet but its coming soon. I live in Calgary AB if local pickup is possible that'd be great.

Left my hood latched so they could have taken the battery charger too if they wanted, but they didn't. that's something to be thankful for. any advice on whether or not its worth it to get a police report would be great, thanks guys.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Mayu

sorry to hear winkerbean...

This does not help your situation but, I have the Infiniti car cover and it has a grommet where a cable lock can be threaded through and locked to the car. If you are parked outdoors with questionnable folks in the area, you should start locking it.

I park in an underground garage and have never used a lock. I put her away every winter under the cover and for 4 winters now, knock-on-wood, the cover is still in my possession.

As for the police report, sure, go for it but, it is merely a report that perhaps you can use to file a claim under Home Owners insurance. Notifying the police over a car cover will net you nothing more. Sadly, they are too busy with the type of folks in the halhway house you mention...

Good luck!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
GarageItOrElse

Sorry to hear about that...
Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
solarg37

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by GarageItOrElse
Sorry to hear about that...

LOL his user name says it all !! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol

alway garaged our cars even my wifes crapy mazda 3,

i am hoping the wife will allow us to get a 3 car garage on our next house =>
Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 AM
winkerbean

A garage would be ideal, but not quite available to me yet. Found the exact same cover for $50, hopefully i'm not buying back the original..
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Mayu

Originally Posted by winkerbean
Found the exact same cover for $50, hopefully i'm not buying back the original..
Haha, Amen to that!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 PM
ViEtNaStEe

Sorry to hear about that man. Go ahead and just file a police report, at least they will have it on record. Doesn't hurt to file one anyways.

My neighbor had a car cover on his truck and someone smashed his window and took some misc. stuff like CDs and sunglasses inside his car. You couldn't tell from far away that it was broken into cuz of the car cover.