Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help How to clean the leather seat and the dashboard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How to clean the leather seat and the dashboard?

I didn't know my windows are open and left it for awhile 24hrs. Now everything is dusty inside. should i just take it to the detail place or clean it myself?

Can anyone tell me which product do you guys use to clean the black leather seat , dashboard, door panels and steering wheel?

Thanks

Last edited by G37SBS; 05-26-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I use Zaino leather cleaner and Zaino leather in a bottle conditioner.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
I use the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover and a DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel to clean the carpets, mats, dashboard, doors, arm rests, trim, etc. This gentle yet effective cleaner is highly effective and leaves no residue behind.

For the leather if it's in good condition maintain it with the SONAX Leather Foam. If they could use a deeper cleaning and conditioning the Leatherique Prestine Clean and the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil. This combo can help restore faded leather and maintain brand new leather as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 05-26-2011, 06:43 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^^ thanks! im going to try that. i was wondering how to clean the dash today on the way to work.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:41 AM
TOGWT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cleaning Vinyl and Finished Leather

Periodically clean using Iz einszett 'Plastik-Reiniger' an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner for urethane covered upholstery and vinyl trim, that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore the original texture, tactile feel and resiliency; use to clean all coloured and clear water-based acrylic polyurethane covered automotive upholstery and vinyl; this product is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as being environmentally friendly.

Applications - wash vinyl surfaces with soapy water and rinse with clean water and then thoroughly dry. Then use 1z einszett Plastik Reiniger. Do not use products that contain petroleum distillates as urethane absorbs them and causes it to yellow or silicon oil formulations as they are build-up type products which accelerate heat damage

Protection - with 1z einszett Vinyl Rubber Care & Potectant "Tiefenpfleger” provides a temperature-resistant seal and a low-shine matte finish Dust-resistant and retards the fading effects of UV rays to keep exterior ‘rubber’ and vinyl looking like new. UV-B protection is a sacrificial / renewable component; this is due to the UV protection layer being degraded by exposure to the elements (sun, sand, road or sea salt, and etc) so it is imperative that you renew it and needs to be re-applied on a regular basis (dependent upon location climatic condition)

Application - Spray onto a clean micro fibre towel, agitate it well and then allow it to remain in place for 10-15 minutes. Finally using a clean micro fibre towel buff it to ensure it permeates
Old 06-05-2011, 04:59 AM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
how's the ADAM'S LEATHER & INTERIOR CLEANER or SmartLeather Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Anyone tried those products above? if so how was it?