Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
MyGcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leather seats

What is the best product to take care of our leather seats. I thought maybe something of Meguiar’s but they have lotions, spray, wipes,... and that's just one company. Somebody want to simplify this. What is the best?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Retromoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexol, Spray on a microfiber cloth and wipe, DO not spray it directly on the seats.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used Zaino Leather Cleaner spray and Leather Conditioner lotion - I find them to be some of the best. There are Lexol and Zymol make similar products that are more easily accessible. Just use them as directed.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Most people here seem to like the Lexol products. Here's some information and where to get it.

Lexol pH Leather Cleaner
The Lexol Leather Cleaner is a great way to rid your leather of contamination build-up. It breaks up contamination and uses its foaming action to force contaminates to the surface for removal. The formula doesn't use any harsh chemicals and is non-alkaline based. The product is a highly concentrated cleaner so a little product goes a long way. Using a small amount will leave behind a slight gloss that is glycerin based so your leather receives residual treatments for enduring softness.
Lexol Leather Conditioner
Conditioning leather is the most important step in preserving leather. Leather naturally has proteins and lubrication between its fibers. The well being of these proteins and lubricants are essential to the beauty, strength and flexibility of the leather. Overtime these natural elements in the leather will fade and you will need to condition your leather to ensure the long term care of your leather. Apply the Lexol Leather Conditioner and you will provide your leather with natural properties it needs to stay looking healthy and new.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Leatherique is amazing
Old 07-31-2009, 07:18 PM
gicode0823

I highly recommend DI Packages Leather Care from Detailedimage.com

They also have DIY article:
Leatherique How-to

If you not looking for expensive leather care products then Lexol Conditioner and Lexol pH leather cleaner is the best one out there in the price range.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've really liked Poorboys World Leather Stuff. It's a one step product, smells great, and the seats look amazing. Check it out at detailedimage.com.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Stems

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Leatherique is amazing
+1. The Leatherique system works fantastic!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
G4me

Originally Posted by Retromoe
Lexol, Spray on a microfiber cloth and wipe, DO not spray it directly on the seats.
+1 Lexol cleaner then Lexol conditioner.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:03 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Murphy's Oil Soap... yes the stuff you use to clean your wood floors with.

A lil bit of that and some warm water, and you get fresh leather. Been using it for years.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:06 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Murrys hair product. Hahahaha. Leaves em real shiny.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:02 AM
TOGWT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Leather Upholstery and Trim Surface Identification

The most important thing to find out before you attempt to clean or care for something is to ascertain what the material is made from. Much the same is true if you’re trying to remove a stain, what caused the stain and what is the material you are trying to remove the stain from. Formulate a detailing plan, then utilize proper detailing techniques, combined with quality products is what makes a details outcome successful.

It is important to be able to recognise the different materials used for vehicle upholstery as some OEM use different materials for the various surfaces (i.e. perforated leather for the seating areas, PVC bolsters and seat backs) Before choosing a product to clean or maintain interior surfaces you must be certain of the material used and wither it is Urethane covered or pigmented Aniline, as the correct care product requirements are vastly different.

Once you’ve correctly identified the leather and / or the applied finish applicable to your vehicle's upholstery, it’s easier to select suitable products / methods (one size fits all is just a vendor's marketing myth)

An extract from “Automotive Detailing, Inside & Out; Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist “© TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2009, all rights reserved.