Canada Serving Canada.

ALS Walk for Life

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
vistec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALS Walk for Life

Hello to my fellow Canadian G37 enthusiasts,

I am participating the ALS walk this year in London. My girlfriends father was diagnosed with ALS in 2008 and died two years later.

I couldn’t believe how horrible this disease is once I started to read about it.

If you wish to sponsor my walk & make a small charitable donation (even $5 would help) to the ALS society, please feel free to visit my ALS walk fund raising site at the link below. (you will also receive a receipt for tax purposes)

donate.

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, ALS, is also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, after the famous American baseball player who died of ALS in 1941. ALS is a progressive and ultimately fatal neuromuscular disease, which has no known cause, cure or drug therapy of consequence. Individuals who are diagnosed with ALS do not typically survive beyond 3-5 years. This devastating disease slowly robs the individual of the ability to walk, talk, and ultimately, to breathe.

"Most people with ALS lose the use of their legs in the first two years of the disease. What would you do, while you still could?"

ALS Facts:

* Two to three Canadians a day die of ALS

* Approximately 3,000 Canadians currently live with ALS

* In at least 90% of cases, ALS strikes individuals with no family history of the disease

* Between 5-10% have a familial form of ALS, so 2 or more of their family members have it.

* ALS can strike anyone, regardless of age, sex or ethnic origin

* The usual age of onset is between 55 and 65, but some have been younger than 20

* Nearly 90% of people with ALS died within 5 years of diagnosis. While some live longer, others die within a few short months

* ALS affects the whole family

* ALS is a costly disease - emotionally, physically, and financially.

For more information on ALS, please visit Home. or to register for the walk, please go to WALK for ALS | Walk for ALS. less"Most people with ALS lose the use of their legs in the first two years of the disease. What would you do, while you still could?"

if this post is a violation of the forum rules i will remove it at once. i just hoped that some people would be wiling to help raise some money for this cause.

thank you and may god bless you
Tony

Last edited by vistec; 07-12-2011 at 04:05 PM.