Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Looking at a 08 G37 Coupe

Old 04-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Gage Sarnes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at a 08 G37 Coupe

Hello friends, I am new to this, literally created my account minutes ago. I am looking at a 08 G37S Coupe with ~149,000 miles for around 8k. It is six speed manual and has a aftermarket intake. I will post the listing if necessary, however I am buying it from a super reputable dealer and everything seems super legit with it. I have never owned a G series especially one like this. Anything to look for or be weary of with this many miles? Pics for reference.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
6MTs are always nice finds, looks like the owner put on aftermarket headlights and grill pieces, not to my taste but really nothing wrong. They also appear to have used good quality rotors with an ecoating (stoptech maybe) and have dipped/painted/powdercoated the factory wheels black, and put some kind of stickering on the dash....not sure about the fittament on the front bumper though....it may have had some front end damage and they replaced it (along with the headlights as these are cheaper than oems) or it could just be misaligned on the passenger side when installing the aftermarket headlights and grill pieces.....otherwise it looks pretty stock....looks like the previous owner was more interested in cosmetics which is probably better than someone that may have driven the car hard...

At that mileage you may want to ask if the oil gallery gasket has been done it can be a $2500+ job if it goes (although it may be fine anyways...other things to look for on a warm weather state car are a cracking dash (which doesn't appear to be an issue in the pics)
The following 2 users liked this post by Baadnewsburr:
Gage Sarnes (04-10-2019), jpowersjr2 (04-05-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 04:39 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
What Hashim said. Check the Carfax out too.
The following users liked this post:
Gage Sarnes (04-10-2019)