Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

2011 G37 S-Package vs 2011 G37xS Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Blurred20/20

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 G37 S-Package vs 2011 G37xS Limited Edition

I'm from the the Houston area and I am looking at a couple of 2011 G37 Sedans.

-2011 G37 with Sport appearance package with Navigation- 46k miles, about 20 months left on basic warranty

-2011 G37xS Limited Edition (Malbec Black with red seats) with Navigation- 33k miles and about 9 months warranty left

The Limited Edition is about $1000 more.

Both are pretty much loaded to the gills with options but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I am reading mixed opinions about the overall performance and everyday drivability between the two. At this point I'm leaning towards the LE.

I am very performance oriented but on the same foot, this will be a daily driver- with which I will be driving periodically on business trips.

Thoughts?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Blurred20/20

Going to be heading to the dealership soon. Any thoughts or opinions between the two?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
If you live in TX you don't need all wheel drive. From my understanding it will take away from performance. I live in Mass and have a 2010 G37S Coupe, with aero package and Nav. Love it, would never get the X, but it is also not my everyday driver, might get a X as an everyday driver, but wanted a RWD sports car. The powertrain warranty is up to 70,000 miles and that is important, if anything does break (rear subframe bushing) it will be better to have it covered under warranty.

Although, if it is a base G37 or a G37xS....I would still go with the G37, but it's a personal preference. One good way to tell what you want...if you were to flip a coin, heads the G37 tails the G37xS, when the coin was in the air, which way would you hope it would land?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
for my needs, I'd pick the non LE. RWD gets better gas mileage and has Akebono brakes.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 PM
ncpalafox
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
personally id go with the limited. awd, limited edition, red seats, less mileage, just another grand more... although less warranty, im sure you could make a deal for additional warranty if it is a priority for you
Old 03-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Blurred20/20

Thanks guys. Yeah, the limited edition has less miles and would be a heck of a deal. I don't think the dealer knows its an LE- they have it listed as a G37x Base. According to kbb and nada, it should be a few grand more than what they are asking.

Vance67, good example using the coin toss theory.

I keep going toward the LE due to low mileage and the fact it's a limited edition (I understand it's all just appearance). When it comes down to it I'm sure I'll be happy with either. The two dealerships are right down the road from each other so in the end, whoever screws around with me the least will get my business. I just hate getting buyer's remorse and this is not a purchase I want to second guess.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Vance67

You're right, either one you will be happy and another thing to think about...I assume you will be modding it, so think about the mods and what you want to do, I know some mods are different or not available depending on AWD or not AWD
Old 03-26-2014, 02:40 PM
guyinswmo

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I have a 2012 g37xS (not limited, but malbec black) and love it. I do live in Missouri though so the awd option was a must for me. I'm sure the non x would work just fine being in Houston, but depending on where you go on business the awd might be nice. I would maybe try to talk the price of the xS down or see if they could make you a better deal on an extended warranty.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:07 PM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmm, what am I missing? The only difference is the red seats, right? Neither of them should have the big brake kit. The xS, is a sport appearance only as well. Is it not?
Old 03-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Blurred20/20

They both have paddle shifters and 18" wheels. The g37s looks like it has the 4 piston front brakes. They say Infiniti on them. The limited edition has Malbec black paint, red seats, front and rear sport spoilers. They both have nag with voice recognition and the upgraded Bose sound systems. Also, the g37s has sports seats with the adjustable thigh support.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:31 PM
kOrE

Originally Posted by Blurred20/20
They both have paddle shifters and 18" wheels. The g37s looks like it has the 4 piston front brakes. They say Infiniti on them. The limited edition has Malbec black paint, red seats, front and rear sport spoilers. They both have nag with voice recognition and the upgraded Bose sound systems. Also, the g37s has sports seats with the adjustable thigh support.
The xS should have the sport seats as well. I have an xS and I have the sport seats. So it looks like you "might" have akebono's on the sport appearance. Everything I have read goes against Akebonos on a sport appearance. I would lean towards the xS, those Red seats are rare and hard to find. I had a hard enough time finding my xS. If I could've found a Limited edition in my area and money ballpark there is no question as to whether or not I would've jumped on it.

The xS, is technically a Sport Appearance as well. I have the sport bumpers, side skirts, wheels, seats, steering wheel. But not the Sport suspension or brake kit. I might of forgot something in that list.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:24 PM
guyinswmo

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by kOrE
The xS should have the sport seats as well. I have an xS and I have the sport seats. So it looks like you "might" have akebono's on the sport appearance. Everything I have read goes against Akebonos on a sport appearance. I would lean towards the xS, those Red seats are rare and hard to find. I had a hard enough time finding my xS. If I could've found a Limited edition in my area and money ballpark there is no question as to whether or not I would've jumped on it.

The xS, is technically a Sport Appearance as well. I have the sport bumpers, side skirts, wheels, seats, steering wheel. But not the Sport suspension or brake kit. I might of forgot something in that list.
When I was searching for a G I actually found an 2011 xS limited with 48k miles 3 hours from me. The only reason I didn't get it is because I found a 2012 xS (not limited, but in malbec black) with 24k miles for the same price, although it was 6 hours away....
Old 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by kOrE

sport appearance comes with Akebonos on RWD models
Old 03-26-2014, 04:46 PM
kOrE

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
sport appearance comes with Akebonos on RWD models
Ohhhhh!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Vance67

so did you make a choice yet?

Quick Reply: 2011 G37 S-Package vs 2011 G37xS Limited Edition