Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Help Identifying Premium Package

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help Identifying Premium Package

Hey guys, I'm finally in the market to get a used G coupe and I definitely want to get premium package and hopefully nav (proving hard to find). My question is, how can I tell easily that a car is equipped with the premium package just by looking at photos on websites such as autotrader or dealer sites?

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If it has a sunroof it's got the Premium package; that's the easiest way to tell from a glance. If it has navigation controls on the center console and a CF slot, it has both (premium package is a prerequisite for Navigation package.) These features should be highlighted in the description as they will increase the value of the car. Happy hunting.

http://www.infinitiusa.com/g_coupe/s...s-options.html
Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also the BOSE lettering on the rear speakers right
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Also, if the dealers page doesnt have pictures and prices, that should tell you. Check out edmunds for the MSRP prices for each package. If the MSRP of the car is 30k and the premium package is 1.2k and the navi is 1.5k and the total MSRP is 32.7k, then it probably has the premium and navi packages.

Also, common installed options are spoiler, trunk and cargo mats, and splash guards. When I was car shopping, I knew the MSRP's of the car and those items so just by looking at the MSRP I knew exactly what packages the car had.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies! The moonroof is a good give away. I wasn't sure if the base sound system was also Bose or not so when I was told the car had "A bose sound system" I wasn't sure if that was the premium upgraded system or not. Now I know.
Premium is a must for me, it looks like I might have to compromise on the nav system though. Most of the cars I am finding have premium but no nav.
Hopefully I'll have my G soon... and the fun part can begin (modding).
Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Namir
Thanks for the replies! The moonroof is a good give away. I wasn't sure if the base sound system was also Bose or not so when I was told the car had "A bose sound system" I wasn't sure if that was the premium upgraded system or not. Now I know.
Premium is a must for me, it looks like I might have to compromise on the nav system though. Most of the cars I am finding have premium but no nav.
Hopefully I'll have my G soon... and the fun part can begin (modding).
Thanks again for the help.
Hold out and find one with Nav. You'll end up regretting it if you don't.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:44 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Hold out and find one with Nav. You'll end up regretting it if you don't.
i agree. once u have NAV u will be thankful u got it.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Ehhh.... its all personal preference. For me, premium was a must, and the sport package was a must. I wanted the VLSD and BBK. I know where to drive and I can back up a car, so the rear view camera wasnt important to me. Also, because you can connect an ipod and the car's CD player can play mp3 cds, the music box wasnt appealing either so it came down to the navi screen or not. Most of my driving is done in places around town and I know all the backroads and where I am going and I have a Garmin Nuvi which I plug in on road trips. For my type of driving, the navi wasnt worth the extra 2 grand when I know how to drive so I dont need the backup camera, I can plug in an ipod or put mp3s on a CD so I dont need the music box, and I have a garmin for when I am going on a trip and I could use the navi.

However, its all personal preference. If you travel a lot to areas where you dont know where you are going, then I bet the built in nav would be appealing.

Its up to you to judge what type of driving you plan on doing, where you are going to drive, and if you have a need for the navi package and if its worth 2 grand for you.

Last edited by philter25; 07-14-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I wasn't looking for Nav but, glad I got it. Lots of features and for me, very handy... often.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I will be moving to Virginia from Ohio in the next month, which is why I need the new car. I wanted nav because I will undoubtedly be unfamiliar with the roads in VA but I was considering the possibility of just buying a garmin and only getting a G with premium. The navigation package adds back up camera and musicbox, is there anything else that comes with the nav that makes it worth while?

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:47 PM
xlack
Registered Member

the musicbox is practically useless. the nav is VERY handy so is the backup camera. no more curbing ur rear when parking
Old 07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a "premium" badge on my trunk that identifies the package.

But yea, get the NAV. I didn't want it, but I'm glad I was wrong.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Taktix1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I will be moving to Virginia from Ohio in the next month, which is why I need the new car. I wanted nav because I will undoubtedly be unfamiliar with the roads in VA but I was considering the possibility of just buying a garmin and only getting a G with premium. The navigation package adds back up camera and musicbox, is there anything else that comes with the nav that makes it worth while?

Thanks for the help.
What part of VA are you moving to? I'm in VA. I'd also suggest getting the Nav. It really has nothing to do with "knowing how to drive" I'm sure most of us do. The backup camera comes in handy every now and then but the nav system itself always proves its worth to me. I didn't want it at first either (as many other people have stated) but I'm glad I got it.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Namir
Registered Member

I am moving to downtown Richmond. I found a G in Maryland that has everything I want but it's a little more than I was looking to spend. Its actually the exact same as yours Taktix. 08 Sport 6MT IP with Nav. It has 13k miles and he is asking 34,590. I was hoping to get one closer to 32-33k. What do you guys think?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Taktix1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am moving to downtown Richmond. I found a G in Maryland that has everything I want but it's a little more than I was looking to spend. Its actually the exact same as yours Taktix. 08 Sport 6MT IP with Nav. It has 13k miles and he is asking 34,590. I was hoping to get one closer to 32-33k. What do you guys think?
Ah I live about 3 hours north of Richmond. Have you seen this one?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Sport/Prem and i think Nav also. 12k miles for 29,986.

Quick Reply: Help Identifying Premium Package