Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Does navigation matter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:52 AM
vukhey
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the nav, cos once you get in then regret not getting, then youre SOL, plus its more useful then you think, never had a backup camera until now, and now i love it, makes backing into a parking that much more convenient.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:28 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get it cuz i absolutely love my backup camera. i always park rear-in and the camera helps me stay away from the curb. i wish they have front camera too.. so i can park head-in and not worry about scraping up my bumper.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:30 PM
cholepuree

yeah - im kicking myself for not getting nav... i'll be doing a DIY install of a Garmin BlackBox connected to the video input at some point in the near future.. (no touchscreen though :-( )
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Definitely get NAV. The options and added features are very well worth it. If money is an issue, then save up and wait, but don't get it without NAV.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
When you get right down to it, there are two kinds of Infiniti owners: Those who bought their cars with factory installed nav and those who are now sorry they didn’t. To prove the point all you have to do is check on a recurring thread theme:

Question: I didn’t get factory nav with my G37. Can I have it installed now?
Response: No, is near technically impossible and certainly cost prohibitive.
Question: So what do I do?
Response: Buy a new G37 with nav.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^exactly!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Roseyhebert

Not really. I had a G35 with nav and never used it and it had the most recent cd (since at that time they were cd based). I have VZ nav on my cell phone and I get free updates. I have never been one for having to have the biggest and best and most fully loaded. I am very simple and it's the small stuff that makes me happy. To each his own and screw those that ridicule people for not getting the Sport or nav or what ever.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
BiskitG37

Originally Posted by BJ's Girlfriend
Not really. I had a G35 with nav and never used it and it had the most recent cd (since at that time they were cd based). I have VZ nav on my cell phone and I get free updates. I have never been one for having to have the biggest and best and most fully loaded. I am very simple and it's the small stuff that makes me happy. To each his own and screw those that ridicule people for not getting the Sport or nav or what ever.
Have to agree - I went out of my way to find a car without nav.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BJ's Girlfriend
To each his own and screw those that ridicule people for not getting the Sport or nav or what ever.
I thought this was a cordial discussion on the nav question, so I don’t understand why you think people who do not have nav are being ridiculed, nor do I get the “screw those…” remark. We certainly should be able to discuss these things without name calling.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nav is mandatory in this car and if you ever decide to sell it, it will definitely help your resale value. With Nav, you get backup camera, 30g hardrive with 9 available for Music Box, Voice Recognition for climate control, audio, information and navigation systems
and of course the most important that none of us could ever see how we ever backed up before, back up camera!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 PM
rx7wrxg37

At first I did not really want nav, but it was available on both 2008 G37s that i was looking at. Now that I bought the car and have the nav, i love the option, to me its worth the extra cost.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:03 AM
amarcusg37

Originally Posted by cholepuree
yeah - im kicking myself for not getting nav... i'll be doing a DIY install of a Garmin BlackBox connected to the video input at some point in the near future.. (no touchscreen though :-( )
I'm looking forward to that DIY, I think Im going to get the BlackBox also.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
we're lucky as Infiniti owners where we dont get nickle'd and dime'd like say our fellow bimmer friends do with their BMWs. A nav is a must in our car, without it it just doesnt seem right..plus as mentioned above, the perks with nav are pretty sweet!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by Chekov
When you get right down to it, there are two kinds of Infiniti owners: Those who bought their cars with factory installed nav and those who are now sorry they didn’t. To prove the point all you have to do is check on a recurring thread theme:

Question: I didn’t get factory nav with my G37. Can I have it installed now?
Response: No, is near technically impossible and certainly cost prohibitive.
Question: So what do I do?
Response: Buy a new G37 with nav.
Most intelligent answer yet. Get the NAV. Took a taxi from the airport home yesterday with my family and the crappy Garmin in the Cab would not accept my home address. For $250, you get all that and more......
Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 AM
w0ady

the nav is helpful but the reverse cam is just as important to me. get it now and dont regret it later.

Quick Reply: Does navigation matter?