Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Leaser's Remorse? Will it get better? Regretting my choice of not buying..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 07:45 PM
BiskitG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had leased a 06 G35 coupe, and really regretted it when the lease was up (residual too high IMO to buy), so I knew I wanted to buy this one.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 AM
ElLayG37s

Yeah, thats why I'm buying I drive alot so I didnt want to hesitate should I take mine or the wife's TSX? nah I'll take mine, plus the long trips are the fun ones and racking up the miles mean you enjoy it! have fun, lifes to short.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:17 AM
lctrom2003

Wanting to Buy but at the Right Price!!

Originally Posted by MadLove
Perhaps the thread title should have been "Leaser's remorse"?

I too sort of agonized over buy vs. lease for a while there... but went with the 2.9% deal. For some perspective, I put down $10K on a 5-year loan... my monthly payment? $550

Buying made more sense in the end for me - no mileage restrictions and no worries about modding and having to return the car to stock condition, etc. Sure, it's a "depreciating asset" - but I plan on paying the note off in more like 4 years... and I'll have equity in the car to boot.

That said, you leased for a reason - so don't second guess yourself. If you feel that buying makes more sense, no worries... 2-3 years will come and go like that. This will give you some time to save for the down payment on your next car. In the meantime, enjoy the G!
Hi All, I am sort of new to this whole thing forums and blogs and such so bare with me. I am replying to your post MadLove because I essentially plan on do the same thing your doing now...I want to put 10 k down and have my note in the 5's instead of the mid' 6g's or 7g's with nothing to 5k down. My question to you is...do you regret putting so much money down....I have never bought a car before but I have a 2000 VW beetle that i was given and never really wanted but i am ready for another sports car (5.0 mustang before) so my thoughts are if I am going from no car note to a car note I might as well get what I want. My second question to all I suppose would be what price should I be looking for! I was quoted in the low 40k's for a 2008 G37 6mt premium pkg, sport of course and Nav and wheel locks. Was this a good price has anyone gotten one fully loaded for less than 40k? Any and all comments are welcome I have done a bit of research but im not clear on what the invoice price should look like on a G37 sport either 6mt or AT premium,Nav and Maybe Tech pkg but not a must, and 4WAS...that's not a must either!

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:49 AM
MadLove

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lctrom2003
Hi All, I am sort of new to this whole thing forums and blogs and such so bare with me. I am replying to your post MadLove because I essentially plan on do the same thing your doing now...I want to put 10 k down and have my note in the 5's instead of the mid' 6g's or 7g's with nothing to 5k down. My question to you is...do you regret putting so much money down....I have never bought a car before but I have a 2000 VW beetle that i was given and never really wanted but i am ready for another sports car (5.0 mustang before) so my thoughts are if I am going from no car note to a car note I might as well get what I want. My second question to all I suppose would be what price should I be looking for! I was quoted in the low 40k's for a 2008 G37 6mt premium pkg, sport of course and Nav and wheel locks. Was this a good price has anyone gotten one fully loaded for less than 40k? Any and all comments are welcome I have done a bit of research but im not clear on what the invoice price should look like on a G37 sport either 6mt or AT premium,Nav and Maybe Tech pkg but not a must, and 4WAS...that's not a must either!

Thanks!
Sorry about the late response... short answer is, I have no regrets whatsoever. In fact, I was ready to plunk down 20K - but thought better about having that extra 10K earn some ROI somewhere (stock or even some basic interest-bearing account). If you have the cash, i'd say put as much down as you can comfortably handle - plus whatever trade value you can secure (if applicable). This will bring down your monthly payment and total interest paid on your note over the life of it. If you can get the 2.9% rate through NMAC/IFS, you will be golden. My loan was established under 60-month terms.... but I'll almost certainly be paying it down in larger chunks (above and beyond my monthly of $550) as I come into certain amounts of liquid cash throughout the year(s). This will further reduce my interest.

Just make sure you know your financial situation like the back of your hand. Write up a budget and project the numbers.

As for the price of the car... mine carried an MSRP of 43,060. Invoice was 39,200ish - I settled at $39,000 even. When all was said and done, I did very well - particularly for getting approved at the special low APR rate when I really shouldn't have When you find the car you want, send me a private message with all the details... and i'll be happy to help you with some specific advice.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:17 AM
ObsidianGT

Originally Posted by lctrom2003

Thanks!
Truly FULLY LOADED (that means Sport 6MT trim level with: Premium Package, Navigation Package, Technology Package, 4-wheel Active Steering Package, Rear Spoiler, Splash Guards, Illuminated Kick Plates, Trunk Cargo Mat, and Trunk Cargo Net) is right around $41.5K INVOICE, plus destination charges.

You could get the car for invoice, or just slightly above invoice (I paid $42K).

The MSRP on FULLY LOADED is just below $46K. Pricey little rice burner, isn't she? Worth every penny, though.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:45 PM
lctrom2003

Thank you for providing such great info MadLove...I will def. keep you posted...i think i am on a good track....i don't have just thousands lying around but im still at home with a pretty good job...i need to sell my current vehicle...and save about an additional 2k to gather the down payment to where i can still make it with the monthly notes...Now i could easily get a basic g 37 journey with no nav and sport for like 32k...but then again i don''t have a car note and if im going to buy a new car i want what i want ya know! so I just want to make the best decisions during this process!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
lctrom2003

obsidianGT thanks for the note....your numbers are right inline with my research that i have done!!! I think this site is great...everyone seems to be just as passionate as I am about the car!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
xclusvg37

Leasing over buying

at the end of 3 years you can make a choice as of buying it or jumping into a G39. hehehe. I did the same. enjoy and drive it. there is nothing else you need to add to this car. except an exhaust for the roar and the intake. either way this car is FAT!!

I purchased cars all my life not once had I turned in my car that had equity. They are all a loss and depreciate. unless you keep it for 40 years with 5,000 miles on it. Ive had the the 2004 350Z a a loss of 6K, solstice, 12 K, etc,etc. its the sane sing!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:05 AM
mangoface

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Leases...

Speaking of leases-
Kcal 9 here in Los Angeles ran a story about leases that included pics of our G37 cars but no mention of the Infiniti lease deals.

Click here...

Ohh and I had to add a lil snip of out local weather girl.

-Mango-