Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Horrible Service at Sewell Infiniti of Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
kevman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Former USMC
Congrats on your new Corvette - I too, had a 2005 Black Corvette, one of the best cars I've ever owned. They also have a very, very large following (forum). You will be greeted (a wave, thumbs up, headlight flash) from every other Corvette owner on the road. It's the most amazing thing I've experienced as a car owner.

Personally speaking, I think you did much better - forget the Infiniti - enjoy the Corvette.

Semper Fi
Why'd you give up your C6? I was in the middle of picking a g37 and the C6, looks like I'm gonna go with an 09 C6 blk/blk
Old 07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by kevman
Why'd you give up your C6? I was in the middle of picking a g37 and the C6, looks like I'm gonna go with an 09 C6 blk/blk
Greetings Kevman,

It was a two year lease (15K miles a year; residual value was horrible after two years and GMAC had a fairly high money factor rate which equalled a fairly high monthly payment). However, driving the Corvette for 30K miles was priceless. You will love the C6; ton's of power and handles like it's on rails. If you've never driven one, the power is unbelieveable!

The G37S is a great car, but it does not even come close to the performance and style of the Corvette.

Have fun with it...

Semper Fi
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
kevman

Originally Posted by Former USMC
Greetings Kevman,

It was a two year lease (15K miles a year; residual value was horrible after two years and GMAC had a fairly high money factor rate which equalled a fairly high monthly payment). However, driving the Corvette for 30K miles was priceless. You will love the C6; ton's of power and handles like it's on rails. If you've never driven one, the power is unbelieveable!

The G37S is a great car, but it does not even come close to the performance and style of the Corvette.

Have fun with it...

Semper Fi
I hear ya, I got to test drive one last week, and I was convinced, it is an unbelievable car. I really loved the G37S Coupe too, but I couldn't keep the smile off my face after drving the C6, its a no brainer for me.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
IP-G37S

Just wanted to give everybody an update
2 years later and I am the proud owner of a 2010 G37. Honestly I am very happy with the way everything turned out. I got to enjoy an awesome car (vette) for two years and now I get to enjoy the G.

It was the best experience I have ever had buying a car. I did all the dealing online(first time I've negotiated the price onilne) and I was at the dealer less than 2 hours. This included Test Driving, financing and delivery. I dealt with Dan Fletcher from Crest Infiniti in Plano.

I gotta take more pictures in daylight. Also these are the chrome wheels which are not the wheels I am going to have, I am going to have the stock 19's. but they didnt have time to swap them out for me so I have to take it back next week.

I am extremely happy with my decision on this car. One thing I do miss is the pickup and go from the vette... lol
Old 07-04-2010, 12:44 PM
IP-G37S

Originally Posted by IP-G37S
Thanks for all the encouraging words guys. It's all good. I am having tons of fun with the vette! With my history if trading in cars I know I will be in the market again in about 3 years. I did file a complain with Infiniti but no one has bothered to call or send a letter. One other car I was also thinking about was the IS from Lexus.

btw here is a picture of my new ride :-)

LMAO Reading my own post I gave myself 3 years but I didnt even make it to 3. it was two years to the date almost.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice rides, G is definitely different than the Vette, but at least you finally got the car you wanted without the hassles. One thing you do need to do to your new ride is debdage that Crest logo on your trunk!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:28 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IP-G37S
Asked the sales lady for a specific car that I wanted. Did all my research prior to going to the dealership. She says she has one in stock. I tell her I have outside financing and all I have to do is pick the car I want and trade my car in. Tell her I am not there to play games and I am ready to purchase the car. I don't need to test drive it since I had test driven the car already.

She comes back with 49k and change with TTL and negative equity on my Jetta (Offered me 13,000k when car max offered me 15,500) on a vehicle of msrp of 42k and change. Tell her she is way off on both the price of the car and trade in. She goes to talk to her "Manager". He comes out and starts bsing....

Specifically told the guy what I wanted. Ivory Pearl G37 Premium Package and Iliminated kickplates, the only thing that was negotiable was the color and only to a Red one if they did not have IP. The guy offers me Graphite. Tell him I don't want graphite I specifically told him what I wanted and he then offers me a Sedan. I asked him if he had listened to what I told him! He said he didnt need to put up with my attitude and walked off ripping into shreds the "offer". Needless to say I didnt buy Infiniti and I am the proud owner of an 05 Vette with 9600 miles.

I was really dissapointed in their service. Im 28 and I was wearing a regular polo with jeans and a five a clock shadow and trading in my 07 Jetta.... he must have assumed that I could not afford the car and I was wasting his time. His loss!

BTW nothing against the car! Still think it's hot as hell. But I got a good deal on a Vette and went with that instead. Maybe in a couple of years I will give Infiniti another try.

Just wanted to post this here if anybody at Infiniti reads this. I called the Customer Relations department and she said she would forward the report.
Dude you should seriously take your Vette back there and THANK THEM. If only the same thing would have happened to me.. you lucky SHHHEEIIT! My dealer listen exactly to me, one of the smoothest transactions I ever made.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 PM
IP-G37S

Originally Posted by Adam West
Nice rides, G is definitely different than the Vette, but at least you finally got the car you wanted without the hassles. One thing you do need to do to your new ride is debdage that Crest logo on your trunk!
I am going to have them do it when the swap out the rims. It was Friday afternoon and I was ready to take my baby home.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
IP-G37S

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Dude you should seriously take your Vette back there and THANK THEM. If only the same thing would have happened to me.. you lucky SHHHEEIIT! My dealer listen exactly to me, one of the smoothest transactions I ever made.
I traded the Vette in for the G Friday :-). Best of both worlds, got to Drive a Vette for two Years. Now I get to experience the G. Also I don't have a first generation vehicle so some of the kinks have been worked out on it.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:43 AM
09G37xCpe

Wow crazy story but you definitely did the right thing back then (and now...enjoy the G!) I'm 33 and look like I'm 20 so when I bought my G I dealt with 7 different dealers over the internet and did all my negotiating that way. Certain dealers did a great and HONEST job of how long it would take to get the car and price and others basically just threw everyone else under the bus and tried to sell me the car I didn't want at an overpriced amount.

I actually had one dealer tell me the car and options I wanted didn't exist anywhere in North America. The next dealer I talked to had 2 in stock. They held the vehicle for me and had it ready to go when I showed up to pick it up.

Again congrats on the G.