Build Threads

Calg37USMC Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Calg37USMC Build thread

With my crazy work schedule it’s difficult to find time to didicate to my car and this forum but i try because it’s a good stress reliever. Okay first I’ve been into cars all my life first car was a 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R shell. I picked up a 10:1 compression FWD SR20. Ended up being a 500hp garret 35R Street Car I was tearing the streets up with (kid days ). Got into some trouble and whipped my self into shape and enlisted into the Marine Corps and year later purchased a 2004 G35 Sedan 6mt. Found it in so cal. Great car!

Wanted to avoid trouble so I opted for a four door. Still a very fun car though. Drove from San Diego to Seattle a couple of times no issues. Got relocated to DC and shipped the car over. The car was driven around a bit and on a second trip to New York my clutch went out on me. Purchased a JWT Clutch and broke that in on my way back home to Seattle from DC. What a trip lol. Well eventually I wanted to upgrade which brings us to the current car 2012 G37s Sedan 6mt. Took me a couple of weeks to find a “ Black on Black” 6mt Sedan. Drove a couple of hours south to Portland and upon arriving I was a little upset to find the car was giving off a reflection of purple lol. But soon after it grew on me and I liked the condition of the car I even had a infiniti dealership do a full inspection on the car which only had 29k at the time being and it passed with flying colors. Here’s the car somewhat after purchasing.

Not much has changed with the appearance and honestly I like and appreciate the OEM look, could care less of others when I’m worried and drivers feedback with car and performance. Well few weeks went by and the mod bug was itching so I purchased a full Motordyne exhaust system.

Wow did it wake this thing up, keep in mind I already had Stillen Gen 3’s on the car and D2 True style Coils.
[B]June 2017[B]
Opted for a Tune right away, I went with Uprev and the results blew my mind I’m still kind of in disbelief I even dynoed my car and a different shop just to make sure. Results were the same surprisingly. The Shop I got the tune at is Intec Racing located in Kent, Wa.
August 2017
I wanted to upgrade my brake system a lil and got Z1 premium stainless steel lines and Hawk 5.0 pads.

OCT 2017
Bad month for the car. I was merging on the freeway and in the middle of the ramp was a commercial size rachet strap that I saw last minute and it was already too late..

Well eventually I have big plans to get on the track and I’m on the fence about forced introduction so I ended up purchasing the CJ Motorsports baffled oil pan. Along with some other goodies.

Nov 2017
With winter coming in I decided to upgrade my bald tires, with many tire reviews to look through I decided to pick up BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S. With the rain we get here in Seattle this tire is great and I feel comfortable driving my car in immaculate weather.

Jan 2018
Man what a time to start off the new year. Long story short I was having a little too much fun and the u joints off my driveshaft snapped. So after researching I opted for a carbon fiber D/S and contacted a big name place in Florida, well they never got back to me so I decided to go local and they offered a Aluminum D/S. Weight of stock was 32/33lbs and aluminum is 17/18lbs.

While I was down there I noticed I also snapped my diff cover bolt so I replaced that as well.

Feb 2018
The dreaded CSC failure got me.... with no time to waste I read up on what to do about my situation. After recommendations from OG forum members I went with ZSpeed CMAK KIT.

And the RJM pedal package

And eventually waiting on this to come in since OS Giken is made to order now.

In the mean time I have been picking up small things here and there.. Gates racing belt, MTEC shifter springs, and Batman layovers.

APR 2018

Ended up purchasing F & R SPL endlinks for my Hotchkis sway bars.

Finally got my lathe werks shift **** in, great quality and feel!

Titanium and 300 gram weight.

Last edited by Calg37USMC; 04-23-2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Money pit.
The following users liked this post:
VQ37VHR13 (04-04-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

reserved for future
Old 04-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

reserved for future 2
Old 04-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

reserved for future 3
Old 04-02-2018, 10:08 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice history on your car life, and appreciate your service first off!

So you hit that ratchet strap as an excuse to buy that trick oil pan , NICE!

Looking forward to more on this, that full Motordyne header all the way back setup is sweet.

Keep up the nice work!
Old 04-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
sucks about the oil pan damage but the replacement is a nice upgrade...any issues with the oil pick up when you took the pan off?...I had to replace my pan once due to unceremonious denting, the oil pick up was trashed too...but it may depend on where the impact was (mine was right in the middle)
Old 04-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice history on your car life, and appreciate your service first off!

So you hit that ratchet strap as an excuse to buy that trick oil pan , NICE!

Looking forward to more on this, that full Motordyne header all the way back setup is sweet.

Keep up the nice work!
Yea haha same thing my lady said...

Originally Posted by Hashim
sucks about the oil pan damage but the replacement is a nice upgrade...any issues with the oil pick up when you took the pan off?...I had to replace my pan once due to unceremonious denting, the oil pick up was trashed too...but it may depend on where the impact was (mine was right in the middle)
Actually yes minor damage but I ended up replacing the pick up tube as well, the CJM pan comes with a tube extension as well.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Looking at some Advan wheels at the moment
Old 04-08-2018, 09:59 PM
FlashGuy
Registered Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
High five fellow ex 6MT G35 sedan owner. Great looking build you have going. Loving all the top tier parts you're using.

When you have the time, please post up some of your thoughts on the OS Giken clutch. Spoke with Joe from ZSpeed and he said it was like an on off switch. Seeing as how you've been driving a Nissan 6mt for a long time I'd like to know what your take is.
Calg37USMC (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 12:12 AM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Will do! Still have to do a write up on my aluminum driveshaft as well! I’m excited for the clutch I have heard nothing but great things from owners and OS Giken has been in the game for awhile.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Any track guys on here using SPL endlinks?
Old 04-19-2018, 01:05 AM
FlashGuy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Calg37USMC
Any track guys on here using SPL endlinks?
Right here. Just need to keep up with them by keeping the spherical bearings cleaned and lubed. I just hit it with some silicone Teflon spray from time to time.
Calg37USMC (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 11:18 AM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Originally Posted by FlashGuy
Right here. Just need to keep up with them by keeping the spherical bearings cleaned and lubed. I just hit it with some silicone Teflon spray from time to time.
Go it! So no issues thus far?
Old 04-19-2018, 01:28 PM
FlashGuy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Calg37USMC
Go it! So no issues thus far?
None. The Z guys have some good tips as well.

the370z
Calg37USMC (04-19-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 09:11 PM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

So I’m really hoping my OS Giken clutch comes in the company I ordered from is starting to recieve bad reviews of incorrect parts and no parts recieved i really don’t want to experience this again especially with an item of this price...

Quick Reply: Calg37USMC Build thread