My first build ever r r r

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:48 PM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My first build ever r r r

What's up gfam, a little backstory-

For a long time I've always wanted a g or z but more a z. As time flew by it was time for me to get my own car. So I thought long and hard and the g had actually grew on me a LOT. I thought the 370z had a more sportier look than the g37 but the g had a nice mix of both but with more luxuries. At the time I was going to be commuting an hour back and forth so I got the 7AT. Now I'm done commuting and back in town and wished I had an manual but couldn't find one for sale anyways. Also I thought about all the people I'd want to ride with rather than having a 2 seater.

So, the G won me.

Anyways, I hope you guys like pictures because this is gonna be picture heavy..

August 12, 2017-

First purchased, 2013 G37 Journey Coupe 19,000 miles. Everything completely stock and in good condition.

The only thing I could find were curb rash and minor scuffs on all the wheels so it was either to powdercoat these in gloss black or new wheels. I also found quite a few door chips, I guess the previous owner just slammed his door open every time because there's quite a bit. I've been meaning to get this fixed because it really bugs me but haven't had time to bring it in for a quote. These are just a few spots..

So my first mod or so I got was a viper remote start/alarm. I've always been fond of remote starts. It just amazes me how you can start a car from a remote haha. I opted for the most expensive option only because the installer gave me a good deal including installation. So I can lock, unlock, and remote start my car within a range of 1 mile and my viper fob confirms it with whatever function I click.

Next I did a complete DD interior and exterior conversion to 6000k lights and they change the way the whole car looks inside and out. My low/high beams were the only morimoto's because DD didn't have what I wanted. For my foglights I installed DD's rgb led lights and they are really cool feature to have until I convert them to HID's. I only drive with them on at night because led's aren't the brightest. (I will upload a video here when I have time)

My tires needed to be replaced so I opted for the as/3 + and night and day difference from the stock bridgestones. Later on in this thread, I regretted this choice though lol.

October 2017

As for most everyone else, the car was too quiet for me and I wanted to do something. I wanted some sound right away but didn't want to go cheap and just get a muffler delete. Although it probably would've sounded great, I bought fast intentions rhfc to boost the sound. From 1-10 (1 being stock) I would say the cats boosted it to a 2 lol. But hey, it's a start..

Next, the car needed some lowww and the front wheel gap was atrocious to me, rear looked okay.

For the meantime I wanted the mildest drop so I went with eibach springs. My buddy helped with the fronts (pita) while I did the rears.

It looked good, and got rid of the front gap I didn't want

November 2017

After doing a LOT of exhaust homework, I wanted thee loudest and most exotic sounding exhaust so I decided I was going to go with Meisterschaft.

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:49 PM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

December 2017

I told everyone I was going to keep the car stock for quite a bit before modding it... Almost 4 months and gosh what have I done. I had said I wanted to keep the car's clean look for awhile before I wanted to tint it.

35% all around plus windshield but eventually removed the windshield tint

roof wrapped gloss black

GTR pushstart bc racecar

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:02 PM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

January 2018

I never liked the glazed map lenses for our car but it was whatever until I found out that the gtr had clear map lenses so I swapped those and they look 10x better.

some interior CF wrapping I did

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:53 PM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

February 2018
I bought a set of matte black es2's to give my car a little more sporty look to it with some red accents.

Specs:

19x9.5 +22 all around

prepped it with Dr Beasley's Matte Wheel Seal so that I could easily clean any brake dust off and help prevent any etching, pitting, all that good stuff.

Now, time to finally mount them..bye bye stock look

loved how my fitment came out. i dont scrape anywhere and can still go fast

had to transfer my brand new tires from the stocks.. why didn't I wait til i got the wheels

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:24 PM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

ak v2 diffuser

almost perfect fitment

Beautiful..

I need to reduce the amount of chrome

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice job on the build thread, like the mods you've put together and G is looking good! Like all the details along the way and a good tool for others to see. Only real ding I can see is the front tire stretch, but easily solved when those get worn out. And those new wheels really show off the base brakes, a BBK would really pop back there
The Tein Basis Z coils are affordable and can get rid of the last bit of gap you have is budget is a concern.
Look forward to more, and thanks for the well done start to this thread!
Old 02-13-2018, 01:39 AM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

I just noticed those awful brakes today too haha.
And thanks those sound like a great idea hmm

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2018, 08:44 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
G is looking good and you've done a lot in the short time that you've had it. nice job!
The following users liked this post:
pincheseyha (02-14-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Zakpomeroy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pincheseyha
Before I continue I just wanted to comment on the wheel seal. It works perfect and I regret not doing the inner wheel barrow because when I checked out the wheels after a week, there was barely any dust on the face and lip of the wheel. If any, it wiped right off. The inner wheel barrow had accumulated so much brake dust AND it was a little hard to wipe off.

So I've been having an ak v2 diffuser sitting in my room for almost a month because I've hadn't found time but that time finally came. Looked amazing in the sun..

I had no trouble installing it yesterday with my brother except this little thing. I didn't bother fixing it because it is a body kit and body kits are made aftermarket. I also noticed other g members v2 diffusers showing some of the car on that part too so I guess it was an exceptional fitment. Won't bother me much since I won't be looking at it up close all day long.

Beautiful..

After putting that on, the chrome starting bothering me now.

I love the chrome but I hate it because it's chrome, if that makes sense.

I'm still deciding on what to do with it because it doesn't look good with the scheme I'm going for. For the front I plan on getting a midnight grill to reduce some of the chrome on the front. To correct the rear I was thinking to finish the antenna in black and get a cf roof spoiler, wrapping the chrome lip white to color match and removing the "infiniti" emblems. idk, I just feel like this car has a lot of chrome lol
looks clean
pincheseyha (03-26-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 07:30 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Great job so far, keep it up!
pincheseyha (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 05:38 AM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

March 2018

Picked up my midpipe from one of our guys and totally transformed the car. The best way to describe the sound is just evil haha. I wish I had a clip to show you guys right now but I don't have time to make one in the meantime.

I asked my installer to rev it a little to see how it sounds and was not expecting what I heard. It was ear-piercing loud up close (a good loud to me of course). The exhaust has a VERY unique sound to it as I expected. On a warm start up it has a mean growl to it almost like a big cat's growl. On a cold start this baby will make your neighbors hate you lol.

very minimal drone at high speeds, love it

Tried my best to make it shine again for my own eye candy..

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:59 AM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

neck pads for my neck and more pop of red

Next I picked up a brand new oem sport spoiler from infiniti in Georgia at $200 off retail price.

what a steal AND in my color.

drilling holes in my trunk made me cringe

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:21 AM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

I've been spending ALOT maybe too much so this will probably be my last mod for awhile cuz my wallet needs a break.

Anyways, picked up an ebay midnight grille to get rid of all that chrome in the front. fits and looks like oem

cracked radiator cover from previous owner and i just made it worst haha. maybe i should replace it with a carbon fiber cover

Annnnnnd a fun pic to end the post (and my spendings lol)

Last edited by pincheseyha; 07-14-2020 at 11:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pincheseyha:
blnewt (03-26-2018), NealP (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 09:31 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice updates! Those radiator covers getting cracked from a bit too much force during removal is a common issue.
Like what you've been doing here
Old 03-26-2018, 04:57 PM
pincheseyha
Registered Member

Yea who knows, maybe I would’ve cracked it first time myself lol

Quick Reply: My first build ever r r r