Build Threads

"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris9884
Man that GT Haus has a sound of its own. Clean mods all around man!
Thank you
Old 02-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well spent a good 2 hours this morning trying to identify where the leak is...no such luck. Very very tight spots, still can't get over the ****ty design flaw in this.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:19 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well removed the HFC's and put the OEM cats back on . Def has toned down the beast. Its alot more subtle now until you get on it. Still has the distinct note as well as some gurgle, obviously not as pronounced as before.

I didn't really have a chance to take any good vids, just a quick take off.

Hate to say it, but John you were 100% correct! I will eventually put some HFC's back on or may go full blown race car and get some ART pipes. But that wont be for a long time from now.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
About the dip in power after un-modding the cats? That sucks. Sorry.

Three years ago, at the first sedan meet, there was a member who showed up in a 6MT sedan modded and tuned with a full ARK exhaust, including ARK's Helmholtz resonated cats. He let me drive it around the park, and OMG the noise that thing made! It was amazing... with the kind of seemingly random pops and burble reminiscent of a cam'd small-block V8. I know that's quite an exaggerated comparison, but IDK how else to describe it.

Pretty sure I couldn't live with that every day, but in the moment... wow.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Yes I am aware of the sounds and it was always a surprise as of when and how hard those pops/burble would be. Now I feel I may have to make a little extra effort to reproduce those at higher rpm's and down/up shifts...but I'll manage...for now
Old 02-28-2017, 11:40 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Hey where did you find the SKYLINE aluminum kick plates? Car looks great. I almost bought one in that color in NY, but I wanted black at the time. Then I changed to white and I am glad I did as it is way more metallic and deep like your malbec black (compared to regular black).

Also, is the carbon interior trim a wrap or new pieces? That looks good with the carsmo *****.

Last edited by 4DRZ; 02-28-2017 at 11:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Hey where did you find the SKYLINE aluminum kick plates? Car looks great. I almost bought one in that color in NY, but I wanted black at the time. Then I changed to white and I am glad I did as it is way more metallic and deep like your malbec black (compared to regular black).

Also, is the carbon interior trim a wrap or new pieces? That looks good with the carsmo *****.
PM sent on the kickplates and thanks, all the trim is real CF, no wrap here!

Coming from the 7at to the 6mt, I still need to have the bottom 3 pieces of the center console done to match the lay of what I have already.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs

Coming from the 7at to the 6mt, I still need to have the bottom 3 pieces of the center console done to match the lay of what I have already.
PM? Come on man, I was lurking for that info.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:38 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Thanks for the kickplate info. Those are not too expensive. Where did you find the carbon trim? It looks great!

Originally Posted by Rochester
PM? Come on man, I was lurking for that info.
Don't worry Rochester, if he does not send it to you I can pm you the info. Did you ever get the skyline badge for your trunk? I am still considering it.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Thanks for the kickplate info. Those are not too expensive.
Is there an unused wire harness under my non-lighted door sill?

Name:  20160810_191234_zps5zti2zfi.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  207.6 KB

Don't worry Rochester, if he does not send it to you I can pm you the info. Did you ever get the skyline badge for your trunk? I am still considering it.
I was putting that off until March, so I guess that means tomorrow, LOL. As for the install... that will wait until consistently warm weather. Maybe April or May.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Sorry guys didn't realize it was a hot item. But here ya go.

JDM Nissan ?Skyline? Illuminated Kick Plates G35 / G37 4dr ? Nissan Race Shop

The carbon trim was laid over the existing oem parts. I actually bought the whole set off the forums and he had Carbon Element do the job iirc.

John how do you have a sport without the illuminated kick plates? I thought that was standard in AlL sport models?

But the replacement was extremely easy. Pull off trimpeices, pull up carpet, locate wire harness, unplug, CAREFULLY start to pull up the kick plate edges. There is 2 clips total for each kick plate and each one is near the end of the plates. Pop those out with trim tool and again CAREFULLY start to pull old plates up. They only have double sided tape on them. I'll see if I can find those old pics of the ones I pulled up
Old 02-28-2017, 05:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

John how do you have a sport without the illuminated kick plates? I thought that was standard in AlL sport models?
Pretty sure it was always optional, regardless of package. At least through 2011 it was optional. Just like the rear desk spoiler.

I wonder if it can be had in the non-illuminated variety? I'd be totally fine with that.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:12 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Is there an unused wire harness under my non-lighted door sill?

I was putting that off until March, so I guess that means tomorrow, LOL. As for the install... that will wait until consistently warm weather. Maybe April or May.
I am willing to bet you have the wiring under the door sills since they are an accessory. So you can go for a little extra bling if you want. Did you get the Skyline badge for your trunk yet? I am still considering it for my car.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I am willing to bet you have the wiring under the door sills since they are an accessory. So you can go for a little extra bling if you want. Did you get the Skyline badge for your trunk yet? I am still considering it for my car.
For that kind of money, for this kind of mod, it goes on my list, but not scheduled... just there somewhere for someday if I'm feeling whimsical. Hard to explain what does or doesn't warrant interest, but this doesn't grab me. Maybe at $100 it would grab me, LOL.

I was planning on buying the badge sometime in March, and play with it in April. Didn't we just talk about this somewhere? Deja vu.

Hey Fat Sac, are you going to SKYLINE your trunk? Keeping the Fuji, ditching it, or swapping in the Nissan burger?
Old 02-28-2017, 10:19 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Desperately want to hear GTHaus exhaust in-person...was hoping you were closer.

That said, my parents are in West Chase and brother in Hype Park