Go Back  MyG37 > G-Spot > Build Threads
Reload this Page >

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Notices
Build Threads

@mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)

Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM
  #256  
wannabetoughguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Matt, isn't it necessary to have the Z1 Motor Mounts installed if I want to add headers without clearence issues on a G37X?

Can you confirm?
wannabetoughguy is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:02 PM
  #257  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabetoughguy View Post
Matt, isn't it necessary to have the Z1 Motor Mounts installed if I want to add headers without clearence issues on a G37X?

Can you confirm?
So it’s not mandatory but highly recommended. With my Stillen headers they didn’t fit and would hit steering column on hard right hand turns. Soon as I put these on problem solved. Highly recommended Sir. They fit G37x no issue
Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following users liked this post:
wannabetoughguy (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 03:15 PM
  #258  
wannabetoughguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe View Post
So it’s not mandatory but highly recommended. With my Stillen headers they didn’t fit and would hit steering column on hard right hand turns. Soon as I put these on problem solved. Highly recommended Sir. They fit G37x no issue
Thanks.

BTW saw your car on admin's YouTube channel months ago. Best of luck this season. I assume the single exit will give you more top end. Post pics when you can.
wannabetoughguy is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:43 PM
  #259  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabetoughguy View Post
Thanks.

BTW saw your car on admin's YouTube channel months ago. Best of luck this season. I assume the single exit will give you more top end. Post pics when you can.
Thanks! It did get a lot of views hahaha.

Check my instagram to see pictures and to hear it
Mattlorentzoe

also there are a few pictures posted above of exhaust
Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
jpowersjr2 (04-15-2019), wannabetoughguy (04-15-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 09:43 PM
  #260  
wannabetoughguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any updates? I feel that I'm going to modify an ISR single exhaust to fit my AWD G.

Also, it's disappointing your video was taken down from The Administrator's YouTube channel.
wannabetoughguy is offline  
Old 05-29-2019, 09:43 AM
  #261  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabetoughguy View Post
Any updates? I feel that I'm going to modify an ISR single exhaust to fit my AWD G.

Also, it's disappointing your video was taken down from The Administrator's YouTube channel.
I would just buy the soho. You’ll spend the same amount trying to get that isr single exit to fit. However the isr longtubes and y pipe fit awd. I don’t recommend isr anything personally.

Lol about the video getting taken down 🤷🏼*♂️😂 . We will make some more content really soon.
Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following users liked this post:
wannabetoughguy (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 09:47 AM
  #262  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
PPE HEADERS (Parallel collector) GETTING INSTALLED THIS FRIDAY!
Cant wait! Bought from a local part out.

Stillen headers and test pipes have been sold. Thanks


No install date yet but for the following but coming soon! Hopefully month or less?!
-Rabbit hole motorsports 3 inch intake &vstack (matches the car)
-Rabbit hole motorsports 75mm Tb conversion
-Rabbit hole motorsports lower manifold (high temp paint)

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 05-29-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
jpowersjr2 (06-05-2019), wannabetoughguy (05-29-2019), zer099 (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 PM
  #263  
wannabetoughguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's what's up because those headers are expensive af lol.
wannabetoughguy is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 05:06 AM
  #264  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
PPE HEADERS with parallel merge collector















Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
jpowersjr2 (06-05-2019), wannabetoughguy (06-04-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:07 PM
  #265  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
New intake goodies!!! No more admin intakes!
More pictures coming soon!
3 inch intakes with vstack
Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
jpowersjr2 (06-13-2019), wannabetoughguy (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:03 PM
  #266  
wannabetoughguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe View Post
New intake goodies!!! No more admin intakes!
More pictures coming soon!
3 inch intakes with vstack
Those intakes are super nice and match the car. Much better than solid white.

How long do you plan to keep the car with all the time and mods invested? Thoughts on the VR30 Q50/60s? Is one of those in your future?

I have a 03 G35 and 13 G37X both stock just lowered. I owe $6k on the G37X and it has 48k on it in addition to a few scratches on it from my wife DD'ing it (gotta love her). Therefore, I'm inclined to trade it away early next year and get around $10k or more I hope. I love my G37X, but the old rwd G35 has a certain charm to it (pearl white like yours) and I think I might get rid of the high rev awd G.

As of now I'd probably trade my G37X for a new Civic Si, 3.0T, or used 370Z (sub 60,000 mile Zs with no accidents can be had for $10-15k at the right time of the year). I've even considered an accident free 350Z for $10k or less, but it be slow and outdated. C6 Vettes are cool, but there are just so many options half of which are new. 2019 Charger GTs (awd) don't have recalls as of now and they make 400+ whp with a Ripp Supercharger. If I could go back I'd probably get a rwd G37 instead because it seems like if your chasing 1/4 times in a G that be the one to get. Just drop 4.08 gears and go FBO.

But, you have a unique build and being FBO I'd probably be enticed to keep it. It's fun following this build and I'm realizing that going FBO myself like you might be a waste of my time and money. I'm realizing I don't need a FBO G37X too I can just continue to follow and appreciate yours. I have to really think about what I want or if I want this car still because like I said, it's been fun following yours.

I once had a 04 STi Cobb ots stage 2 (turboback was only mod) and imo my stock G37X still has more top end and would pull away the faster I go due to NA and better aerodynamics.

So, would you trade your baby for a 3.0t Q50/60? It will be faster mod for mod, also weigh 38xx stock, but never be high revving and belts are snapping on those motors week after week. If not a turbo Q then what? Will you keep this car as long as possible or not?
wannabetoughguy is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 07:28 AM
  #267  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabetoughguy View Post
Those intakes are super nice and match the car. Much better than solid white.

How long do you plan to keep the car with all the time and mods invested? Thoughts on the VR30 Q50/60s? Is one of those in your future?

I have a 03 G35 and 13 G37X both stock just lowered. I owe $6k on the G37X and it has 48k on it in addition to a few scratches on it from my wife DD'ing it (gotta love her). Therefore, I'm inclined to trade it away early next year and get around $10k or more I hope. I love my G37X, but the old rwd G35 has a certain charm to it (pearl white like yours) and I think I might get rid of the high rev awd G.

As of now I'd probably trade my G37X for a new Civic Si, 3.0T, or used 370Z (sub 60,000 mile Zs with no accidents can be had for $10-15k at the right time of the year). I've even considered an accident free 350Z for $10k or less, but it be slow and outdated. C6 Vettes are cool, but there are just so many options half of which are new. 2019 Charger GTs (awd) don't have recalls as of now and they make 400+ whp with a Ripp Supercharger. If I could go back I'd probably get a rwd G37 instead because it seems like if your chasing 1/4 times in a G that be the one to get. Just drop 4.08 gears and go FBO.

But, you have a unique build and being FBO I'd probably be enticed to keep it. It's fun following this build and I'm realizing that going FBO myself like you might be a waste of my time and money. I'm realizing I don't need a FBO G37X too I can just continue to follow and appreciate yours. I have to really think about what I want or if I want this car still because like I said, it's been fun following yours.

I once had a 04 STi Cobb ots stage 2 (turboback was only mod) and imo my stock G37X still has more top end and would pull away the faster I go due to NA and better aerodynamics.

So, would you trade your baby for a 3.0t Q50/60? It will be faster mod for mod, also weigh 38xx stock, but never be high revving and belts are snapping on those motors week after week. If not a turbo Q then what? Will you keep this car as long as possible or not?

Probably going to keep it for a while. I will continue to push the car as I have the funds. I will end up boosting it nice refined properly in all other areas. I have been told by a lot of people not to boost it so it stays reliable and what not but idk if I’ll listen lol
Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following users liked this post:
wannabetoughguy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 07:32 AM
  #268  
Calg37USMC
Premier Member
 
Calg37USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 266
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
ill be waiting for the results this is a rabbit hole ive been wanting to go in. I hope you the best!
Calg37USMC is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Calg37USMC:
jpowersjr2 (06-15-2019), Mattlorentzoe (06-21-2019), wannabetoughguy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 07:57 AM
  #269  
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Mattlorentzoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Posts: 746
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Calg37USMC View Post
ill be waiting for the results this is a rabbit hole ive been wanting to go in. I hope you the best!
Nice! So the intakes just shipped yesterday! I Can’t wait! There will be lots of pictures lol. Already have the rabbithole vstacks on my admin intakes and they added so much air I needed to retune it. But sold the admin intake and vstacks since the new intakes have vstack welded on.
Like my car would die out uptop end cause it added that much air. Lol so I know they work, excited to finally have intakes the color I ordered. (I ordered them white from moncef and they came black lol no stress but excited to have color matched ones.)

Still waiting on my 75mm conversion and port match lower manifold. But I’m assured it’s in progress! I’ll be doing a side by side comparison. Z1 upper/ eps Tb vs the rabbithole conversion setup.

On same dyno, same day, just seeing which can make the most on the dyno with a tune. Only swapping Tb and plenum. That’s it
Mattlorentzoe is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Mattlorentzoe:
jpowersjr2 (06-15-2019), projectpanda13 (06-14-2019), wannabetoughguy (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 11:40 AM
  #270  
wannabetoughguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe View Post
Probably going to keep it for a while. I will continue to push the car as I have the funds. I will end up boosting it nice refined properly in all other areas. I have been told by a lot of people not to boost it so it stays reliable and what not but idk if I’ll listen lol
We look forward to it. I found out the other day a YouTuber pushing the VR30 to it's limits got rod knock on his awd car (400+whp/500tq). I guess we have an idea of the limits of the VR30 now.
wannabetoughguy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: @mattlorentzoe’s G37x build (mid 12s n/a)


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.