Build Threads

Chuckie's Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 05:23 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Lol im still waiting on ecutek to reply with the correct software. It's been 2 days.

my car is a 2011, what year is yours?
Old 03-12-2019, 09:46 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
Lol im still waiting on ecutek to reply with the correct software. It's been 2 days.

my car is a 2011, what year is yours?
wow that seems like a long time to be waiting.. mine is a 2011
Old 03-13-2019, 12:50 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chuckie311
wow that seems like a long time to be waiting.. mine is a 2011
yeah I went to my shop to install the intakes Saturday and put everything back together only to find out I couldn't get it tuned. So I had to put stock air boxes back on. I left the elbow pipes and filters behind the grill so I didn't have to remove the bumper.

now my intake temps run a bit warmer than usual especially while idling due to the fact that the fresh air duct port (the one you drill to bigger to fit the coupler) is being blocked.

May 11 e-mail
Old 03-14-2019, 08:58 PM
chuckie311

RZG 3 inch intakes are in..going to take them down and see if I can get them Ceramic coated before the 29th. Also going to run 4 inch velocity stacks..Those are on order and should be in Saturday

The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:49 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Nice. I like how the RZG intakes have a much shorter silicone coupler that goes through the radiator support area.

does the rzg intakes utilize clamps for the silicone couplers?

Old 03-15-2019, 11:34 AM
chuckie311

they are pretty nice i'm hoping i can get them coated before install time to keep the temps down in the summer time..yes they do us clamps for the couplers just didn't picture them

Last edited by chuckie311; 03-15-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:39 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Oooo I do like how there is a smaller coupler. These might have just replaced my future mod of Admin intakes. Interested to see how it all fits together with those velocity stacks.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:11 PM
chuckie311

velocity stacks are in 4 inch to 3 inch to meet the size of the intakes

jpowersjr2 (03-20-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 04:44 PM
chuckie311

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Oooo I do like how there is a smaller coupler. These might have just replaced my future mod of Admin intakes. Interested to see how it all fits together with those velocity stacks.
RZG intakes are 90$ cheaper and lead time is only 5 days compared to 4 to 6 weeks of Admin's thats why i went with them..velocity stacks should be no problem since i have them already with the Gen 3
jpowersjr2 (03-20-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 09:31 PM
Crusher103
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
This is a nice build.

One thing that has been confusing me has been those dynos. So when you switched to the shorter gears it lost power overall? Did you try playing around with which gear you did your runs in to see if that would change the outcome or what happened? 5th&6th gear? i have seen cars down in 3rd gear vs the 1:1 4th and make a lower hp&tq number which is why i ask. Also if that is just the case, even though rear end gears have nothing to do with the engine output but are they creating more parasitic loss on the entire drivetrain? Every dyno is different, i completely understand but the level of modification of your car vs mine and im only making 5whp less untuned. I'm just curious about it i sure you have discussed it in another thread but what's your take on it?
Old 03-25-2019, 05:30 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Crusher103
This is a nice build.

One thing that has been confusing me has been those dynos. So when you switched to the shorter gears it lost power overall? Did you try playing around with which gear you did your runs in to see if that would change the outcome or what happened? 5th&6th gear? i have seen cars down in 3rd gear vs the 1:1 4th and make a lower hp&tq number which is why i ask. Also if that is just the case, even though rear end gears have nothing to do with the engine output but are they creating more parasitic loss on the entire drivetrain? Every dyno is different, i completely understand but the level of modification of your car vs mine and im only making 5whp less untuned. I'm just curious about it i sure you have discussed it in another thread but what's your take on it?

um. Your comparing your dyno numbers to his and claim you are 5whp less untuned.

did it ever occur to you that unless you two dynod your vehicle at the same shop than comparing numbers is pointless?

all dynos will vary from another.

there's mustang dynos, dyno jet, dyno dynamics, dynapack and a few others.

they all read differently from one another.

hell even 2 dyno jets will read differently depending on the weight of the drum the shop decided to go with. 3000lb or 5000lb drum.

Correction factor, temperature, humidity, altitude. So many variables.

so you comparing your numbers to his is pointless
Old 03-25-2019, 09:13 PM
Crusher103
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
um. Your comparing your dyno numbers to his and claim you are 5whp less untuned.

did it ever occur to you that unless you two dynod your vehicle at the same shop than comparing numbers is pointless?

all dynos will vary from another.

there's mustang dynos, dyno jet, dyno dynamics, dynapack and a few others.

they all read differently from one another.

hell even 2 dyno jets will read differently depending on the weight of the drum the shop decided to go with. 3000lb or 5000lb drum.

Correction factor, temperature, humidity, altitude. So many variables.

so you comparing your numbers to his is pointless

Lol i already said i understand that every dyno is different read my post.

This is a nice build.

Mustang dyno read low, dyno jets read high everything else is in between is the general rule of thumb. We typically go by dynojet numbers as enthusiast because higher numbers just sound better to us. i just noted those numbers. My car was dyno'd on a dynojet. However his own signature says his car makes 10whp less on the 4.08 gears. That being said, did he dyno on the same dyno in similar conditions? This is why i was asking did he play around with which gear he was in and what is his take on it. By no means am i trying to put his car down. Reason being i am considering doing gears on my car. So just relax my friend let him post. Judging by your post everything else you say is probably going to be counter productive at this point and turn into a **** measuring contest where we are just trying to one-up each other, so lets skip the BS. kthxbye
Old 03-25-2019, 10:30 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Lol i already said i understand that every dyno is different read my post.

Mustang dyno read low, dyno jets read high everything else is in between is the general rule of thumb. We typically go by dynojet numbers as enthusiast because higher numbers just sound better to us. i just noted those numbers. My car was dyno'd on a dynojet. However his own signature says his car makes 10whp less on the 4.08 gears. That being said, did he dyno on the same dyno in similar conditions? This is why i was asking did he play around with which gear he was in and what is his take on it. By no means am i trying to put his car down. Reason being i am considering doing gears on my car. So just relax my friend let him post. Judging by your post everything else you say is probably going to be counter productive at this point and turn into a **** measuring contest where we are just trying to one-up each other, so lets skip the BS. kthxbye
I have 3.692 rear gears in my 7at.

Me and a friend both got our cars tuned by the same tuner. Admin tuning.

My friends car made 316whp on the dyno jet that admin tuning uses in Houston.

I got my vehicle remote tuned and dynod it at a performance shop in dallas that also uses a dyno jet and only made 305whp.

From 60-145 we were literally door to door side by side the entire time. Not even 1/2 a car length difference

Sorry I forgot to mention his car has stock 3.3 gears, removed front passenger seat, emptied trunk.

My car full interior, +100lb sound system in trunk.

Last edited by qmantran; 03-25-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:50 PM
chuckie311

This is a nice build.

there are hundreds of threads explaining this on google..start there it will make more sense...we dyn'd 4th and 5th gear if your read through the thread no change..
if i switch back to 3.3 gears i would be in the somewhere close or in the 330whp..i might switch back to stock gears after Cam install just to see the numbers..
Dyno's are just used to measure the power between mods.. real numbers come from the drag strip which i will hit up end of year
Old 03-29-2019, 07:00 PM
chuckie311

Car is dropped off at Specialtyz
Come back in a few weeks for an update

The following 2 users liked this post by chuckie311:
Invaderzim (04-03-2019), jpowersjr2 (03-30-2019)

Quick Reply: Chuckie's Build