Build Threads

Sway's Black 2010 6MT Coupe + Bio (Pic Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
UPDATE! :

Sorry for the late updates! I've been busy with work, life, and of course the G! Prepare for a short spam of updates over the next day or two!

~Diode Dynamic's full LED conversion Review~

I ordered a full set of inside and out LED's, as well as 6000k headlight bulbs from Diode dynamics, and I couldn't be happier. Fast shipping, and the packaging was better than I expected. I got stage 2 bulbs and the colors all match up perfectly. It's a nice white with a slight hint of cool blue while providing tons of light. It even matches the "Infiniti" door seal lights! I ended up getting:

- Map lights
- Vanity lights
- Puddle door lights
- Glovebox light
- Trunk Light
- 6000k Headlights
- City driving lights
- License plate lights
- Front and rear turn signals (with resistors)
- Reverse Lights

Interior lights:
Out of all those lights I had one map light go out in a few days and flicker, contacted them and they switched them out promptly! Great customer service!

Headlights:
Actually brighter than stock by a little bit even though I got the 6000k color temperature. They did state they never have problems with the other temperatures with 08-10 models, but mine is a 2010 and sometimes the driver bulb doesn't come on, and I have to turn the lights off then back on again and they both light up. A little annoying, but not a big deal I suppose. They did offer to switch them out...

Turn Signals:
Bright and crisp. Lovely yet subtle upgrade. I can take a video if requested to do so.

Reverse lights:
I can see with my backup camera at night now! The extra light from these bulbs help a ton! Recommended for anyone who has a backup camera on their car.

Install was super easy! Just be careful when popping out pieces in your interior so that you don't leave nicks where you pry. Highly recommend this mod to every one! It really updates the look of the car, and provides more light, and a nicer color.
The following users liked this post:
Kanwal (02-23-2019)
Old 02-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

~Adam's Rotors AR Street & Akebono premium performance pads Review~

So I ordered rotors and pads for black friday as Adam's Rotors was having a good deal on their website at the time. Great customer service! Got back to each e-mail if not the same day, the next. Even on weekends! He was very helpful and answered all my questions. Not only that, but he rushed the order so I could get them before Christmas!

Quality of the rotors are great! I weighed the rotors and they're 4.6 lbs lighter than the stock rotors. I like all the options you have with Adam, I ended up getting AR Street (Cross-Drilled & Double Slotted) With Black Zinc coating, and the hubs coated in black as well.

Install was a snap aside from a few tough bolts, and I took pictures while doing it and I'm considering writing a DIY for rotor/pad change if there's any interest in it. But if you can turn a wrench, you can change your rotors and pads.

I did the Bed-in as per Adam's Rotors instructions, and it was a little unnerving at first. Seeing smoke and smelling the brakes is a bit uncomfortable... but I pushed through it like it says, and the brakes work magnificently. They stop better than stock for sure, and have a very very smooth feel to them. They were silent for the first few weeks. And I mean silent, quieter than my Michelin tires... But now, if it's cold and/or wet, they squeak a bit on the first 1 maybe 2 stops when I get in the car, then they're silent again. Would definitely recommend these rotors without a doubt... as for the pads, I'm wondering if I should have gone with some Stoptech or Posi-Quiets like Adam suggested... Either way, this is still an upgrade from stock. They are super quiet aside from the initial braking when cold or wet, their stopping power is great, and they produce very very little dust. All in all, I'm definitely happy with them.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

~Vossen Cv5/Toyo T1 Sport/KWv3 Coilover Reviews~

The biggest difference maker as far as looks in my car yet... Vossen Cv5's... I got them almost immediately after I bought the car. And in my spare bedroom they sat... beckoning me... I wanted to put the Vossens, Tires, Camber Arms, and Coilovers all on at the same time. So I waited... Over time i wondered if I had made a mistake... Should I have gone with VSF1's instead? SSR Executor CV01S in SBC finish? Damn I should have gone with the SSR's... Man those SSR's Look sick... Maybe I could return the Vossen's since they're still in the box... then it happened. I went and head and bolted the Vossens on... and I knew instantly... I fell in love with the cv5's all over again seeing them on my car. Answered all my questions. Yes, I made the right choice. No, the 20s don't look too big. No, the tires sidewalls don't look too skinny. No, 285 was not too big. Yes, I do need to drop it ASAP.

Then I drove her promptly to my friends shop so we can lift her and put coils on the next day. It was hard tucking her in at night after only driving 7 miles with my fresh Toyo's and Vossens... And I was already breaking necks in that first 7 miles haha! Even everyone at discount tire when they balanced the tires and put them on came out to talk to me and told me how awesome this set up was. The manager actually said no one touch the rims but him, because they were an expensive "exotic" brand.... He put the tires on all 4 rims, mounted the back rims, then had something to take care of and 2 others put the front rims on. The manager came out after and told me he placed the wheel weights behind the spokes so they'd be less noticeable. And to tell me how sweet the set up looked. Everyone was super nice, I thanked them, loaded up the old rims and tires in a friends truck, and left.

Then the bad news...
The next morning when my friend opened his shop, he sent me a txt. The passenger side tire was flat, and the front rims were chipped and scratched all around the lugs... the backs had one hair line scratch, and a small nick by one lug. But if you are more than a foot a away you can't see them. The fronts however, in daylight, were obvious. I aired up the tire and went STRAIGHT back to Discount tire ready to take heads and raise hell. But the same manager was there... was apologetic and super nice... and promptly ordered new fronts for me. Still waiting on them to come in, but he will install them for me himself on Tuesday. As for the passenger tire, the sensor wasn't seated completely right, so they fixed that the same day.

Then a week later, this weekend (Yes! I had to drive a full week with that wheel gap! lol) We went to work and installed the SPC camber arms and KWv3 Coil overs!

On to the Review Part:

Install was straight forward. Quality of the KW's are insane! I followed the instructions for settings, and the ride quality is great! Stiffer than stock for sure, but not in a bad way at all. Feels planted, feels great. When not going over bumps it rides better than stock imho. But if you do hit a bump, you will feel it more than you do stock of course. You also will save 7.2 lbs over a stock Sport suspension set up, which isn't a lot, but it all adds up right? I'm super happy with these! Height adjust-ability is easy... Much easier than other coilovers I've dealt with before. The height I have it, (1-2 fingers between fender and tire) there are no scraping issues here where I live, and our roads definitely leave some to be desired. We lowered it a lot at first just to see how low it would go, these coilover will sit on the ground if you want them too!!! Also at the highest settings, it is capable of a pretty mild drop. KW's are the way to go for your coilover needs!

The tires are great, traction is no longer an issue at all, haven't test anything with handling too much, but it definitely hooks a lot better! Of course most of that I'm sure is from going from 255 to 285 in the rear, but the quality is great regardless. (Of course, it's Toyo.) And they're decently quiet. Not as quiet as my Michelins were, but pretty damn close! I ended up paying a little more than $700 for the set, instead of almost $1,200 for the Michelins. And I'd dare say aside from quietness (which is close) the toyos are better!

Vossens. Everything is on point. Can't say enough good things about them. They look great on the car, they were packaged amazingly, quality is superb, came with lugs and center caps at no extra cost... would definitely recommend. I will say, going from 19 to 20 will mess with your comfort a bit... but not much. One of those things where only you will notice the difference, not your passengers. Because it's your car. My gf said it just felt a little higher, but that's all. With the added weight of the vossens, and extra diameter, I did notice a knock in acceleration... And I'm hoping with some of the weight reduction I've done since I've put them on, (60.3 lbs, but I know sprung vs unsprung weight is not the same.) and a lightweight flywheel, possibly pulleys it will counteract for the rims. Because I really like the look, and don't want to get rid of them.

Here she is as she sits after the install - I did raise her about 1.5 finger widths after this photo for daily drivability. However after driving it over the weekend, I think i'll lower it back down because it rides so well, I don't really have to worry about scraping at all...

I really love how our cars have a natural "rake" look to them.

Last edited by Sway_NV; 02-22-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:52 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Great progress!
Aggressive pad bed-ins can be a bit unnerving the first couple times out, but the more you do it the better it gets IME.
That initial cold squeak should go away, if not you may have to re-grease the back plates.

Those CV5s look great on your coupe, nice choice for sure, although the SSRs never look bad

Sorry to hear about your dinged up rim, I NEVER have a shop mount the rims on the car. I put my car on stands and haul the tires to the shop for mounting or remounting and rotate &/or install them in my garage. These shops are just too happy to get the impact gun out and go to town, even when you specifically call for a hand ratchet
Nice to hear the shop isn't claiming it was your fault.

Those T1Sports are going to be my next tires, I have Proxes4s now and have had another set previously on my G and have Toyos on my truck and all have been great tires. But the All Seasons aren't nearly as fun as the summer tires will be

Hats off for a nice job, keep up the good feedback.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:26 PM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sway_NV

~Adam's Rotors AR Street & Akebono premium performance pads Review~

So I ordered rotors and pads for black friday as Adam's Rotors was having a good deal on their website at the time. Great customer service! Got back to each e-mail if not the same day, the next. Even on weekends! He was very helpful and answered all my questions. Not only that, but he rushed the order so I could get them before Christmas!

Quality of the rotors are great! I weighed the rotors and they're 4.6 lbs lighter than the stock rotors. I like all the options you have with Adam, I ended up getting AR Street (Cross-Drilled & Double Slotted) With Black Zinc coating, and the hubs coated in black as well.

Install was a snap aside from a few tough bolts, and I took pictures while doing it and I'm considering writing a DIY for rotor/pad change if there's any interest in it. But if you can turn a wrench, you can change your rotors and pads.

I did the Bed-in as per Adam's Rotors instructions, and it was a little unnerving at first. Seeing smoke and smelling the brakes is a bit uncomfortable... but I pushed through it like it says, and the brakes work magnificently. They stop better than stock for sure, and have a very very smooth feel to them. They were silent for the first few weeks. And I mean silent, quieter than my Michelin tires... But now, if it's cold and/or wet, they squeak a bit on the first 1 maybe 2 stops when I get in the car, then they're silent again. Would definitely recommend these rotors without a doubt... as for the pads, I'm wondering if I should have gone with some Stoptech or Posi-Quiets like Adam suggested... Either way, this is still an upgrade from stock. They are super quiet aside from the initial braking when cold or wet, their stopping power is great, and they produce very very little dust. All in all, I'm definitely happy with them.
fantastic...thanks for the review.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:23 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Man, I'm loving it! Nice progress so far. I just ordered some wheels as well. I was nervous about running 285s in the back. I'm glad to know they aren't too cray!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Originally Posted by blnewt
Great progress!
Aggressive pad bed-ins can be a bit unnerving the first couple times out, but the more you do it the better it gets IME.
That initial cold squeak should go away, if not you may have to re-grease the back plates.

Those CV5s look great on your coupe, nice choice for sure, although the SSRs never look bad

Sorry to hear about your dinged up rim, I NEVER have a shop mount the rims on the car. I put my car on stands and haul the tires to the shop for mounting or remounting and rotate &/or install them in my garage. These shops are just too happy to get the impact gun out and go to town, even when you specifically call for a hand ratchet
Nice to hear the shop isn't claiming it was your fault.

Those T1Sports are going to be my next tires, I have Proxes4s now and have had another set previously on my G and have Toyos on my truck and all have been great tires. But the All Seasons aren't nearly as fun as the summer tires will be

Hats off for a nice job, keep up the good feedback.
It is unnerving! This was the first time I've ever done a bed-in tbh. But you really can tell a difference! I think I will have to add some more grease though... No big deal.

Yeah, I really like the cv5's... I might still get the SSR's down the line as a second set

The shop was fortunately super nice, got the new rims on and everything's good. I still have the old rims too, might sell them on here.

I've driven less than 200 miles on my T1's right now, so I can't give a really good review on them. But I like them so far!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm liking how it's coming along, can't wait for the next step! Won't be long...

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
fantastic...thanks for the review.
Of course! Thanks for the great rotors! They look sexy behind my cv5's... I'll get you HD photos you can use for whatever you want soon.

Originally Posted by monytx
Man, I'm loving it! Nice progress so far. I just ordered some wheels as well. I was nervous about running 285s in the back. I'm glad to know they aren't too cray!
Thanks for the compliment! More great stuff to come! What wheels did you get? 285's look great and I have no rubbing or fitment issues at all, even now that I'm dropped on KWs.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:25 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Sway_NV
Thanks for the compliment! More great stuff to come! What wheels did you get? 285's look great and I have no rubbing or fitment issues at all, even now that I'm dropped on KWs.
I went with Niche Targa m129 Anthracite gray. What sucks is I just got an email from the company. They no longer have 285s, so I'm settling for 275s. What are your offsets, I'm not sure if I didn't read/see it.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Originally Posted by monytx
I went with Niche Targa m129 Anthracite gray. What sucks is I just got an email from the company. They no longer have 285s, so I'm settling for 275s. What are your offsets, I'm not sure if I didn't read/see it.
Nice! I dig those rims! What color is your G? Sorry they don't have the 285's 275's are still beefy though! My rims are 20x9/20x10.5 +32/45
Old 02-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Snapped this pic after work.... Those rims and that drop really made the look of my car. It's like a new car all over again lol. Pretty soon I'm going to pull out my SLR and do less with the iPhone/Instagram pics lol

Old 03-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Well, I installed Nokya 2500k bulbs in my fogs, and they're not really much brighter than the stock, if at all... But they are more yellow, so aesthetically I'm pleased. I also have something else in the works as I'm writing this and hopefully will be able to update on this next week. I think it'll make a huge difference.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Dropped off my TS-P front lip at the paint shop, so my lip kit shall be on soon!
Old 07-25-2015, 02:04 AM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Haven't posted on here in a while. My bad...
Got the lip painted and put on, they wanted to put screws in the bottom to hold it on and I told them I didn't want any more holes in my bumper than necessary. So they put two screws in the front. Yeah. That makes sense. I had a long day at work and just said **** it after arguing for 15 min and left. Probably should have raised more hell, but that day I was already exhausted from things at work... Ugh. Oh well. I eventually want to get it molded to the bumper anyway. I can take out the screws and fill the holes then. I brought the ride hieght up about 10-15mm with the lip to try and minimize scraping and keep good daily drivability. Looked better lower but function > form.

In other news I have a set of stillen gen 3 intakes that are supposed to arrive on Monday so I'm excited about that... But more so that I pulled the trigger on 4.08 rear gears/whiteline diff bushings/seals & bearings kit... So in two weeks my car should really be woken up. The shop that is doing my gears also tunes with ECUtek, so I think for my Chridtmas gift to myself this year I'm going to take it to them for tuning... Or I might wait until tax return time and get headers/high flow cats and then a tune... Depending on how "rich" I feel I guess. Haha only time wil tell.

I'll do a review/update on the intakes and gears when they get done. I'll make sure to install them seperately so I can give my impressions of them individually. Maybe even take before/after videos of rpm to mph stock vs 4.08s if anyone's interested.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Sounds like some exciting plans
Look forward to seeing fresh pics and a bummer about the front lip, but sounds like you've got an endgame for that too.
BTW, now that you have some time w/ those T1 Sports how do you like them??
Old 07-25-2015, 11:38 AM
redlinernyc

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I enjoyed reading your build thread man, probably because of some of the similarities with my history. I too had a 2001 prelude 5mt with the Honda OEM lip kit. I was faced with the choice of a nismo 370z or 6mt g37. I had an HR 350z so I figured I would opt for the more luxury route but the look of the nismo got to me. So I currently have a 2014 Nismo Z but fully respect your choice as well!

Your car is coming together very well!

Quick Reply: Sway's Black 2010 6MT Coupe + Bio (Pic Heavy)