Build Threads

Arrogant Stock + Build

Old 03-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Arrogant

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Drove in the pouring rain yesterday and general's were awesome, still loud for me though.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Takran
Some Guy

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I had those Generals on my old TSX on 18s, my impression was that they gripped well in all conditions (bearing in mind that they are AS, not summer), but noise and ride comfort were not great. They were, however, one of the cheapest options in the tire size I was running, so I was willing to live with it at the time.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Arrogant

Ok, I am back. Ride comfort of the General's is fine, but they are loud, I am happy though.

Since checking in last time I had an issue arise, and was given all new carpet for my car. Since I was given the carpet I said why not and bought the sport pedals. I installed those a few weeks back and they are dope. My car is filthy right now and I will take pics of these later.

My brakes have also finally given out, and I decided to just buy the Akebono kit.

Stoptech slotted rotors, akebono ceramic pads, stainless steel lines, the whole chebang. I sourced the parts through rockauto and discountinfinitiparts.com Yesterday I spent some time making the rust rings on the rotors slightly larger and also painted the slots using vht black and clear coat. Hopefully I get the brakes, some Tanabe springs, spacers, and a paint correction service all within the next few weeks.

Here is a pic of one of my rotors, cant wait to get these on.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice! Going to come together nicely soon enough!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Arrogant

Finally, these badboys are on. So, I guess putting in the stainless steel Stoptech lines wasn't that much of a problem for my mechanic, he said it wasnt really that bad. I think these make the car look 100x Cleaner instead of the old rusted out rotors and calipers.

In other news I apparently blew a sub, but it it was replaced this morning under warranty. I am going to install poly-fill into the sub box in 5 minutes, and if I have time I will install more sound deadening and anti rattle measures this weekend too. I have gotten rid of 80% of the rattles I would say but the last 20% is going to be a hassle.

Within the next two weeks I will drop the car, and then have paint correction done. I am still undecided between Swift and Tanabe for springs, any opinions between the two? I had thought I had settled on Tanabe but the shop where I purchased them was booking like 6 weeks out for installations, so I had to cancel that. I will have the place that did my brakes do the springs, but just want opinions on the ride quality vs how much drop each set of springs gives.

I also purchase these from a forum member here, and hope to install them this weekend. They are 3000k for the fogs so I think yellow fogs will look slick and stay somewhat within the theme of stock+

Old 06-06-2015, 02:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

The Swifts are a more even drop and a bit firmer, Tanabes are closer to OEM but you may need to do the spacer "fix" in the back to even things out.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Arrogant

How much more of a drop are Swifts in real life? According to the tanabe and swift websites the drop is the same but in real life that doesn't seem to be the case. I think I want more of a drop than the tanabe provide and after asking my go she said the ride is already firm so who cares if you go even firmer. To me that means go with the swifts.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Arrogant
How much more of a drop are Swifts in real life? According to the tanabe and swift websites the drop is the same but in real life that doesn't seem to be the case. I think I want more of a drop than the tanabe provide and after asking my go she said the ride is already firm so who cares if you go even firmer. To me that means go with the swifts.
I'd go w/ Eibachs or Swifts for a slightly deeper drop, those should both be real close in drop & spring rate.
BTW, brakes look great!