Build Threads

CCM03's GraphiteShadow Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:39 PM
CCM03

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by G Nepal
Lol. Tell me about it! Nowadays it's easier to sell cast wheels than Work or SSR wheels.

I am just gonna leave the wheels on the classifieds since I can't delete it. Very close to just keeping them and turning them into a coffee table with a glass on top rather than selling it for less than what it's worth.
Haha i know it is so weird! People just are not spending big money on rims right now Coffee table would be AWESOME! My friend made one with some an old engine block he had laying around and it looks sweet.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:14 PM
G Nepal

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by CCM03
Haha i know it is so weird! People just are not spending big money on rims right now Coffee table would be AWESOME! My friend made one with some an old engine block he had laying around and it looks sweet.
Around 6-8 months ago I sold my old Vossen Cv3s for $2750 and can't believe SSR aren't selling for $2800 Lol. It's actually funny! . No worries tho.. I'm not gonna sell it to someone that doesn't know it's value.

Btw car is looking good bro! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by G Nepal
Around 6-8 months ago I sold my old Vossen Cv3s for $2750 and can't believe SSR aren't selling for $2800 Lol. It's actually funny! . No worries tho.. I'm not gonna sell it to someone that doesn't know it's value.

Btw car is looking good bro! Keep up the good work.
It's crazy in the classifieds lately, nice forged Rays Z wheels freshly finished can't move at $1k but regular coupe 19s w/ pits & dings are flying off the shelves for the same price

GLWS G Nepal, those SSRs deserve a nice home w/ someone who appreciates primo shoes
Old 10-10-2014, 11:09 AM
G Nepal

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
It's crazy in the classifieds lately, nice forged Rays Z wheels freshly finished can't move at $1k but regular coupe 19s w/ pits & dings are flying off the shelves for the same price

GLWS G Nepal, those SSRs deserve a nice home w/ someone who appreciates primo shoes
Very true and thanks for the kind words..
Old 10-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Thanks buddy, yeah I like the way they look, didn't know how much of a difference they would make, but i like them for sure. Much more flared out.

And yes that is the sport bumper, I just painted the front middle section black like the grill.
That must be what's making it look so bada$$. The black painted grill I mean. Looks mean...I think I prefer that look to an IPL
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
CCM03

Originally Posted by Redfire32
That must be what's making it look so bada$$. The black painted grill I mean. Looks mean...I think I prefer that look to an IPL

Definitely agree man, I was able to convince a customer to purchase the Midnight grill after showing her this pic of my car...

Name:  mygrill.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  48.0 KB

It really does help the look of the car.

Quick update for ya'll, just ordered an intake and a few little things. Will probably have to hold off on coilovers for another month....
The following users liked this post:
Redfire32 (10-17-2014)
Old 10-17-2014, 01:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Definitely agree man, I was able to convince a customer to purchase the Midnight grill after showing her this pic of my car...

It really does help the look of the car.

Quick update for ya'll, just ordered an intake and a few little things. Will probably have to hold off on coilovers for another month....
Looking good, what intake did you get & what coilovers do you have your eyes on?
Old 10-17-2014, 05:23 PM
CCM03

Originally Posted by blnewt
Looking good, what intake did you get & what coilovers do you have your eyes on?

The intake is a surprise! I'll tell you that I WAS going to get Stillen but after a ton of research ended up buying another one from a vendor on here. Hopefully I will have pictures up in a week.

As far as coilovers go, whichever ones go the lowest.....it was between BC, Stance, and the fortune 500's (but have a huge wait time)...I'm leaning more towards BC, I've had them on 2 of my Lexus' and liked them,and I prefer the OEM style over the (Stance) true coilover setup for our cars at least.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

The intake is a surprise! I'll tell you that I WAS going to get Stillen but after a ton of research ended up buying another one from a vendor on here. Hopefully I will have pictures up in a week.

As far as coilovers go, whichever ones go the lowest.....it was between BC, Stance, and the fortune 500's (but have a huge wait time)...I'm leaning more towards BC, I've had them on 2 of my Lexus' and liked them,and I prefer the OEM style over the (Stance) true coilover setup for our cars at least.
All of them should go as low as you want, it's going higher where there can be issues. Some only want a mild drop and most of the coils drop at least 1.5" in back on their highest settings. You might look into kw V1 since the BCs are prone to noises on the G platform.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 AM
CCM03

New parts!!

Name:  intake2.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  57.3 KB
Old 10-23-2014, 10:35 AM
CCM03

Sorry for the blurry pic, here is the car with the bumper off for the intake install.

Name:  intake3.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  74.9 KB

and finally all done!!!

I decided on the Takeda over Stillen for a few reasons....I like the fact I did not have to cut or modify anything anything because the car is just a lease, I LOVE how the MAF sensors are plugged in underneath the piping (much cleaner look) and also I don't have to worry about the AC lines getting rubbed/grinded on or anything.

Name:  intake1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  81.1 KB

Overall, a great mod. Feels great throughout the entire powerband.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Def looking super pimp bro. Nice choice in LTCAI...lol. Now that you have the bling under the hood Amy thoughts on a strut bar? I'm going to get one sooner or later. They just look great on top of the bada$$ CAI IMO.

Btw I put my BBK on yesterday. Check my garage for pics n tell me your opinion of the color and how it turned out PLZ
Old 10-23-2014, 01:38 PM
CCM03

Originally Posted by Redfire32
Def looking super pimp bro. Nice choice in LTCAI...lol. Now that you have the bling under the hood Amy thoughts on a strut bar? I'm going to get one sooner or later. They just look great on top of the bada$$ CAI IMO.

Btw I put my BBK on yesterday. Check my garage for pics n tell me your opinion of the color and how it turned out PLZ

Yeah strut bar is on the list too, I just don't want to spend anymore $$$ until I have this car slammed and scraping everywhere lol

Let me go check out zeee brakes!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Slammed and scraping everywhere huh lmao
Old 10-24-2014, 12:31 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Yeah strut bar is on the list too, I just don't want to spend anymore $$$ until I have this car slammed and scraping everywhere lol

Let me go check out zeee brakes!
Looking good w/ the CAI, since you have the Takeda and are planning on a strut brace, might check what he did, looks pretty nice
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...-polished.html

Quick Reply: CCM03's GraphiteShadow Build thread