Build Threads

ttv36 - 700+ rwhp Sedan Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 05:50 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
You are correct. It's the prototype V2 duckbill spoiler in CF that I got from Docaam when he switched to the V3 molded in.

Will be getting an estimate from the shop today. Plan to have the rear end done first then plan to update the front end later this year.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:13 AM
CarbonSignal
Can't spell my own name

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
First I've seen in the US molded into the trunk lid, but I've had my Carbon Signal CF rear spoiler on my G for almost a year now. I still have the factory back-up camera in the spoiler, but may have to move it if I decide to have the spoiler molded in.
The one you have is first V1 we made but wrapped the chrome finisher in Carbon.

Originally Posted by tonyHTX

I believe he was specifying the first V3 Duckbill Spoiler in the states, I'm guessing you have either the V1 or V2? I believe there are 2 other V3s in the states now.
Yeah his is the first V3 in USA and thats sponsored

Will be getting an estimate from the shop today. Plan to have the rear end done first then plan to update the front end later this year.
Better mould V2 or V3 as they sit on top of trunk once chrome finisher is removed so better mounting points. He had V2 in his G V3 is more taller in the middle
Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Yeah I pulled my fenders myself before having the car go into paint. About 15mm in the rear and only about 5mm in the front. I figured the experience would be good to have and that the body shop could fix all the damage I was doing.

Can't wait to see the facelift on your beautiful car!

I just got all my estimates from the body shops and am getting ready to get the work done, but no one wants to do the fender pull, so I'm thinking of doing the pull myself before I take it in. Did you just use an Eastman roller to do the rear fender pull or did you use some other method? Just trying to decide if I want to keep my AutoKits rear diffuser or switch to the Black Bison rear skirt and Quad Tips!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:19 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
I just got all my estimates from the body shops and am getting ready to get the work done, but no one wants to do the fender pull, so I'm thinking of doing the pull myself before I take it in. Did you just use an Eastman roller to do the rear fender pull or did you use some other method? Just trying to decide if I want to keep my AutoKits rear diffuser or switch to the Black Bison rear skirt and Quad Tips!
Sorry I have been out of town for a bit, but yes I used the Eastwood roller. I would advise you to have a helper if you plan on doing it yourself. I couldn't keep the fender warm enough which led to significant bacon/waviness. It would have been much easier if I had someone to hold the heatgun on the fender for me. I think you would have to do a few cars before you get the hang of it, but it should be ok if your body shop can smooth it out for you.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

No problem. I was out of town on vacation as well and just got back today, so no big deal. Thanks for the input on the Eastwood roller. I'm thinking of buying one anyway, because I need to roll the fenders on my Porsche a bit anyway. I think I'm gonna hold off on the rear fender pull on the G, though, and just get the rear bumper fixed, rear spoiler molded/painted, and save the cash to update the front end.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 AM
MiPwnYew

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Saw your car at StanceNation! Awesome car man. My G sedan was parked next to the big white Lexus LS460 with the suicide doors lol
Old 06-30-2014, 01:58 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Originally Posted by MiPwnYew
Saw your car at StanceNation! Awesome car man. My G sedan was parked next to the big white Lexus LS460 with the suicide doors lol
Thanks, sucks that I didn't get my lip replaced in time after it fell off, but there is always next show. I wasn't actually there much; I spent the day at Spa Castle with the wife/kids.

When I came back I did look around and found yours - my friend was saying your height and wheel fitment is exactly how he would want his future v36 sedan to be (he currently has a black v35 sedan that was near the Audi).

Hopefully we will actually get to meet sometime in the near future, wekfest maybe?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:28 PM
MiPwnYew

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks, sucks that I didn't get my lip replaced in time after it fell off, but there is always next show. I wasn't actually there much; I spent the day at Spa Castle with the wife/kids.

When I came back I did look around and found yours - my friend was saying your height and wheel fitment is exactly how he would want his future v36 sedan to be (he currently has a black v35 sedan that was near the Audi).

Hopefully we will actually get to meet sometime in the near future, wekfest maybe?
Thanks for the pictures! I actually forgot to take any of my car while I was at the show lol. I actually didn't know the guy next to me, just lucked out and got next to another G sedan. Downside was that my car looked like a 4x4 since I was parked next to two bagged cars

I've never been to wekfest, but I'd definitely like to make it down if I'm able
Old 08-20-2014, 11:05 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

I thought it was time to keep this thread going.

I think this is really a build thread now. May I kindly ask a mod to move it to the Build Threads section for me?

Anyway, back in June I went to help a friend with a flat tire.

I thought it was a good day since we eventually got him on the road.
But when I got on the highway and was about halfway back to work my lip decided to fall off at 70mph.
It was now apparent that the shop had improperly installed the lip..

I contacted Carbon Signal for a replacement lip a couple of weeks later, but things happened on both of our ends and my replacement ended up getting delayed.
So I decided to take the opportunity to waste (as my wife puts it) more $$ and do the 10+ Sport conversion.

I started ordering parts a 2-3 weeks ago and it has been like Christmas everyday!

Still waiting on things, then this came. $17 to ship? No way!

Although I didn't use them for my project, I still want to give a shout out to ONEighty for pushing the headlight mod envelope and continually supporting our community!
When I first saw ONEighty do a grille with the color matched perimiter (and subsequently Rochester's), I knew that was the route I would go if I ever decided on changing the front.

Of course I had to get an emblemless grille made though! Painted and waiting on the headlight mods.

Next, I wanted to do the panamera retrofit. I haven't seen anyone do it on the sedan so I wasn't quite sure if it would work out.
I spent some time wrapping some parts of the shrouds because a) I have never wrapped anything before and b) I hoped it would look pretty nice.

Not too bad, but I wasn't sold on the look so I decided to see how it looked painted. I tried yellow at first.

But, by themselves I thought they looked too obnoxious. I originally did my G35 shrouds a gunmetal/black scheme so I ended up doing the same again.

Halo test.

My old housings I did gloss black, but I tried VHT Black Pearl for the new ones.

After test fitting the shroud, I found that it is too long and doesn't sit flush with the STI-R lens.

I had to cut 1/2" off the shroud to get it to sit flush.

Both lights sealed up. Since the shrouds were cut down, you can't even see any of the wrap so all that time/energy was wasted.
Oh well, at least I can say I have wrapped something before.

Wiring everything up was a little of a painful process. I truly hate automotive wiring.
All the damn mosquitoes that swarmed into my garage didn't help either.

Lights on. When I was cleaning up I dropped a wrench on the bumper that left a nice chip.. I need to get it fixed.

In the wild.

Waiting for what's next..

Until next time!
The following 2 users liked this post by ttv36:
ONEighty (08-27-2014), STownSaint (08-31-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
When I first saw ONEighty do a grille with the color matched perimiter (and subsequently Rochester's), I knew that was the route I would go if I ever decided on changing the front.

Of course I had to get an emblemless grille made though! Painted and waiting on the headlight mods.
Love this Picture.

I was wondering what was up with recent pics, seeing the 2010+ front end.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:03 AM
stm37s

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
looking good tonyHTX
Old 08-29-2014, 11:11 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Ah finally, after 3 months..

Last edited by ttv36; 08-29-2014 at 12:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MiPwnYew (08-29-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 01:24 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Deja Vu. Carbon Signal Spec IN Lip Part Deux!

STownSaint (08-31-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Man, that looks good. But there's something...

ttv36 - 700+ rwhp Sedan Build Thread-umcbk.gif

JK, JK. Car looks amazing, windshield decal notwithstanding.

GL with this lip, Tony.
ttv36 (08-30-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 02:40 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

^ Thanks! Hopefully this lip lasts longer than the last one. My wallet and wife wont be too happy if it doesn't!

I took the liberty of installing this one myself using U clips/screws/washers along with double sided tape. Since U clips are what hold the bumper and undershroud on, I hope they will be able to hold the lip!

We'll see in time..

Quick Reply: ttv36 - 700+ rwhp Sedan Build Thread