Build Threads

Connor's G37x Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by aktif8
On ebay, they have it listed as either bevel tips or angle cut. Go for the bevel.
If you're not sure Connor, shoot me a PM w/ the Ebay link, they also have their phone number on their ebay listing and you can get verbal clarification. The straight thin wall tips are really bad in comparison to the rolled beveled tips. Also a plus w/ the TopSpeed is many catback sets don't fit the X due to the transfer case in the area right before the Y-pipe. The Topspeed uses the existing oem Y-pipe so it works fine for the X. The Medallion is a good looking set but is a bit quieter (many have said it's too quiet) and is only an axle back. On Deep Rumbles thread there should be some sound clips that I posted, if you can't find them let me know.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:33 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
If you're not sure Connor, shoot me a PM w/ the Ebay link, they also have their phone number on their ebay listing and you can get verbal clarification. The straight thin wall tips are really bad in comparison to the rolled beveled tips. Also a plus w/ the TopSpeed is many catback sets don't fit the X due to the transfer case in the area right before the Y-pipe. The Topspeed uses the existing oem Y-pipe so it works fine for the X. The Medallion is a good looking set but is a bit quieter (many have said it's too quiet) and is only an axle back. On Deep Rumbles thread there should be some sound clips that I posted, if you can't find them let me know.
I've learned about the Y-pipe conflict with some of the exhaust systems out there but it looks like there are a few companies who are making new Y-pipes for the AWD system?

Also, I was incorrect when I said I found a listing on eBay - the listing was actually for a Tanabe system, which I no longer want after doing some research. I can't seem to find a link for the Top Speed on eBay, or any website for that matter. Do you know of a reseller or if they are even still for sale?

I could just be completely oblivious and have looked past it multiple time - that is a great possibility. I emailed the TopSpeed ebay account so hopefully I will hear some good news from them

Last edited by connoisseurr; 10-12-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I've learned about the Y-pipe conflict with some of the exhaust systems out there but it looks like there are a few companies who are making new Y-pipes for the AWD system?

Also, I was incorrect when I said I found a listing on eBay - the listing was actually for a Tanabe system, which I no longer want after doing some research. I can't seem to find a link for the Top Speed on eBay, or any website for that matter. Do you know of a reseller or if they are even still for sale?

I could just be completely oblivious and have looked past it multiple time - that is a great possibility. I emailed the TopSpeed ebay account so hopefully I will hear some good news from them
Seems like they get 5 or 6 shipments a year so probably waiting on their next shipment. Hopefully they'll just stop ordering the crap tip version, they got a lot of heat for them so you'd think they'd want to avoid that. They're pretty good about answering their phone, not sure how well they reply to emails.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:23 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Seems like they get 5 or 6 shipments a year so probably waiting on their next shipment. Hopefully they'll just stop ordering the crap tip version, they got a lot of heat for them so you'd think they'd want to avoid that. They're pretty good about answering their phone, not sure how well they reply to emails.
Well isn't that just lovely, HA. I hope they have more coming in soon, or just haven't listed them as of yet. I will be sure to give them a call next week.

Dropped my intake tubes off with my paint guy - he will sandblast them and then source a powdercoat color that's as close to graphite shadow as possible. Can't wait to get this thing on
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Got my Takeda and black grill on yesterday. Only took me about 2 hours. The intake took a little finessing to get on but it wasn't anything complicated.

Top Speed exhausts won't be ready until end of November which gives me time to see if the Stillen will be worth it when they go on sale around Black Friday time at the dealerships.

Springs will be going on tomorrow and I will follow up with some pictures.

For now, here's the intake powder coated to a close match to Graphite Shadow.
Attached Thumbnails Connor's G37x Build-image-3921692978.jpg   Connor's G37x Build-image-3322016937.jpg   Connor's G37x Build-image-3404548721.jpg  
Old 10-23-2013, 03:08 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Got a chance to get my swift springs installed over the weekend. Very satisfied with the drop for daily use and it feels very close to that OEM comfortable ride.

Also tossed in another shot of my black grill. I love the way it transforms the front of the car!
Attached Thumbnails Connor's G37x Build-image-514232645.jpg   Connor's G37x Build-image-1285404481.jpg  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Looking good Connor, did you get my cutouts BTW?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice ride Connor, I recently got my Top Speed exhaust and I spoke to George. They did not have it listed on their ebay website and I got a great deal. Do get the rolled tips (thanks blnewt for the heads up). Sounds wonderful.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (10-23-2013)
Old 10-24-2013, 09:31 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Looking good Connor, did you get my cutouts BTW?
Thanks B-Rad! I did get the cutouts - they'll be perfect for the tails. I'm going away for a few weeks in the winter time and hoping to have my paint guy do something with them in December/January

Originally Posted by VQHRLover
Nice ride Connor, I recently got my Top Speed exhaust and I spoke to George. They did not have it listed on their ebay website and I got a great deal. Do get the rolled tips (thanks blnewt for the heads up). Sounds wonderful.
Thank you very much! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your Top Speed system? I called about 2 weeks ago and they were out of stock. Only have ot wait another month or so though.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I had Brad help me out and move this thread over from the sedan folder as I'll use this to track my build progress. I've updated the main post with what has been completed and what my future plans are.

Recently, I've installed the following:

FI CBE (wow what an incredible improvement in sound)
OEM Coupe Sport RSB (immediately noticed the handling increase)

Looking to get a few more mods taken care of before a few of us meet at the end of April up in PA.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:33 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
(UPDATED > 27 Mar 2014) So far I've purchased:
  • Swift Springs
  • Takeda CAI with rain shield
  • FI RHFC
  • FI CBE
  • OEM Coupe Sport RSB
  • Sport Front Bumper (awaiting paint and install)
  • 19" Sport coupe wheels (awaiting to be mounted)
  • AutoKitsX Rear CF Diffuser (will go on with bumper)
  • Headlight upgrade (to be completed) - STi-R lenses, Xenarc CBI bulbs
  • OEM Akebono BBK (calipers currently being powder coated)

What's to come?
  • Darkened tails (need opinions on this)
  • Sport pedals
  • Fortune Auto Coilovers

Stay updated with my current build and what I have coming up!
Well?? What color BBK? Don't keep me in suspense!
The STi-R lenses, wow what a huge difference.
What are you thinking as far as tails? I went with a light tint on mine. I like them a lot but... I think I'm going to go darker. Right now I'm thinking midnight tails but I'm not sure if I want to spend the money... right now I think the light tint gives a slightly more cherry color if that makes any sense. Or it's all in my head and I'll change my perspective when the are a bunch of us side by side.
Please let me know if you figure out the secret of the sport brake pedal, I'm fighting with that to get it locked in.

Updated pics once the sport front end and rims go on?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:03 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Caliper color for now will be a royal-ish blue. Waiting in the powder to arrive so I have some time to change my mind still lol. That's something I won't decide on until I have two finalized colors and I flip a coin, and choose the opposite of that.

I'll have pics of the bumper up once I take it to paint. Probably won't bother until second week of April. At that time, I'll toss the diffuser on and hopefully I'll have tires by then for the coupe wheels.

The headlight job will take me a weekend or so. I wanted to incorporate some LEDs or something like that but I probably won't bother at this point. I have spare shrouds to play with so I'll figure that out eventually.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Gwhizz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks good, Connor!
Old 03-27-2014, 11:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Nice list you've completed and also what's on deck, look forward to seeing those calipers, should be tasty!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:36 AM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
@connoisseurr How hard was it to install the RSB? I've read around and you had to drop the rear exhaust, and pull the old sway out. What were the torque specs, to torque it back into place?

Quick Reply: Connor's G37x Build