Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Time to swap in the summer wheels.

[edit] /done

Winter wheels, snow tires, 15mm wheel spacer adapters... all off the car and tucked away until Thanksgiving weekend.

OMG OMG OMG... I forgot how truly awesome it is to drive on these PSS

Love that fat rubber on those wheels...
Old 04-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,429 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
10" rims with PSS really make a difference on a RWD G with LSD. Tons of grip at the launch.

In other news... swung by my mechanic's shop today to discuss the 4.083 Gears, and unless something comes up we're on the schedule for next Wednesday. Hit or miss on the schedule, either way... it's happening soon.

The following users liked this post:
2GoRNot2G (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

In other news... swung by my mechanic's shop today to discuss the 4.083 Gears, and unless something comes up we're on the schedule for next Wednesday. Hit or miss on the schedule, either way... it's happening soon.

Nice can't wait for that update....since your're digging out your rear end any consideration for adding the Nismo (Fins) or ZI (fins, extended capacity and taps for a diff cooler) cover with the fins?...functional if you ever decide to track but just purdy for those low rear end picutres
Old 04-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
I know there are a lot of fans of square setups, but I don't think anything looks better than 275/35/19
Old 04-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Nice can't wait for that update....since your're digging out your rear end any consideration for adding the Nismo (Fins) or ZI (fins, extended capacity and taps for a diff cooler) cover with the fins?...functional if you ever decide to track but just purdy for those low rear end picutres
I have thought about it, yes. Maybe down the road, but not today. That doesn't mean it's off the list, just not a priority. Nor is it a big mod, so it might just fit in between things someday.

Rear gears are the "big" mod for 2017
2018 - dyno tune
2019 - 2 piece rotors
Old 04-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I know there are a lot of fans of square setups, but I don't think anything looks better than 275/35/19
Yes there is, 285/30/20 and 295/30/20

Looking forward to your review of the gears. Now that you have the summer setup back on, push that thing over the next week so that you can get a true feel for the gear upgrade. Curious to see what your impressions will be having to row through them alot quicker
Old 04-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

I have thought about it, yes. Maybe down the road, but not today. That doesn't mean it's off the list, just not a priority. Nor is it a big mod, so it might just fit in between things someday.

Rear gears are the "big" mod for 2017
2018 - dyno tune
2019 - 2 piece rotors
nice big mod calendar.

I'm waiting for my rotors to be trashed to go two piece...at least on the front...at this rate I'll probably be upgrading next year or the end of this year...I've been running NDX pads that are designed to not trash the rotors...should have thought that one through better
Old 04-10-2017, 01:49 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
10" rims with PSS really make a difference on a RWD G with LSD. Tons of grip at the launch.

WooHoo. I know this one has been a long time coming, so I'm very excited for you. Can't wait to hear your post-mod review on this!

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Yes there is, 285/30/20 and 295/30/20

Looking forward to your review of the gears. Now that you have the summer setup back on, push that thing over the next week so that you can get a true feel for the gear upgrade. Curious to see what your impressions will be having to row through them alot quicker

Or 305/25R20
Old 04-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Or 305/25R20
You should put an asterix beside that sedan wheel size lol

** Some modification required

Looking forward to the review John, should be a good read. Take DFS's advice and drive like you did (should have) 20years ago, so you can make a strong comparison between the setups.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Good advice, guys. At the moment, I'm just getting used to having my summer tires back on the car. But to your point... run some hole shots a few days before the mod.

In other news, the Diff Rebuild Kit that was sold me last year by TheNismoShop is missing one of two side bearings and one of two side seals. Approximately $60 in parts. So I contacted them today, and was told it's not their policy to address orders this old, that it was my fault for not checking the contents last year, and (I quote), "We're in the business of making money."

They actually said that to me on the phone. "We're in the business of making money"

West Covina Nissan of West Covina, California

Old 04-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Apparently return business and word of mouth referrals do not qualify in their "money making" approach.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:18 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
It's idiotic how some company representatives act. As if they are doing YOU a favor by selling to or providing service to you... Professionalism is quickly becoming a thing of the past
Old 04-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Good advice, guys. At the moment, I'm just getting used to having my summer tires back on the car. But to your point... run some hole shots a few days before the mod.

In other news, the Diff Rebuild Kit that was sold me last year by TheNismoShop is missing one of two side bearings and one of two side seals. Approximately $60 in parts. So I contacted them today, and was told it's not their policy to address orders this old, that it was my fault for not checking the contents last year, and (I quote), "We're in the business of making money."

They actually said that to me on the phone. "We're in the business of making money"

West Covina Nissan of West Covina, California

WTF...its usually the least informed people with the poorest grasp of "making money" that make such broad statements... I wonder if you call back and talk to someone different if they'll be more helpful...good luck man
Old 04-10-2017, 06:42 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Well damn, i'll add them to my list of sellers NOT to buy from.

But did you not open the box all this time? Or did you only realize after going to install it?
Old 04-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by iCrap
Well damn, i'll add them to my list of sellers NOT to buy from.

But did you not open the box all this time? Or did you only realize after going to install it?
I didn't open the box when I bought it, and only realized the problem after my mechanic looked at the components and asked me why there weren't two axle bearings.

On the phone, the rep confirmed my order in their records, but said it was "too old to do anything about." Then he blamed me for not bringing their mistake to their attention. Then he said there's no way to know I'm telling the truth because the record was marked "completed". And then he told me they can't just ship me parts for free on an 8 month old order because they were "in the business of making money." None of this makes sense. It's like upside-down world of Customer Service and simple business integrity.

I left a message with their Parts Department Manager, and he's not returned my call yet. I sent an email to the General Manager, and not received any feedback yet.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. I wonder if they have someone in charge of PR at their dealership? I'm rather upset. Obviously, it's not the money... a measly $60 in parts, for crying out loud. It's the principle of it all. In simple terms, I don't like being treated like a liar about something so obviously someone else's mistake. And I particularly don't like this ethical jiu jitsu that suggests it's just good business to screw over customers. It's nothing personal.

This text is on their website. Kind of ironic, IMO:

"From us you will find unparalleled customer service and wealth of knowledge not matched by any other Nissan Dealership. We have learned from past successes, mistakes and input from our customers about the proper way to build, manage and run a fantastic website that is catered to customers like you."

Last edited by Rochester; 04-10-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G