Lexus LS460 Air Ride Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:58 PM
RAVSPEC
Former Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Lexus LS460 Air Ride Build

Contents courtesy from Jason Hoang follow at lifewithjason | Good company, good cars, good times

A great detailed build for anyone interested in doing an air ride setup on their vehicle!

Step One: Add Air

Just got an update from Mark over at RavSpec and he’s got the coils and bags in and put them together for me. Sent me a few shots…

It’s almost time to get started… Just a matter of days before I get the air set up and the wheels. Stay tuned peeps.

The UAS bags and BC coils. Mark was kind enough to assemble them for me before sending them out.

Second huge thanks to Mark Chin over at RavSpec for putting all of my air suspension components together and getting them to me ASAP. I contacted Mark on March 26th and worked out some numbers and he notified me that there was a 2 week lead time due to Accuair being back ordered quite a bit. I said OK as long as they are here at least a week before May 11th. One thing to note about ordering from vendors in the States for us up here in Canada is that they make an effort to save you trouble and money when it crosses the border. Mark spent a day filling out NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) papers for me on these three boxes to ensure that I wouldn’t get charged up the behind. By filling these papers out, it states that all products are made in the United States and allows it to pass freely without any charge. An example is ordering a Swiss watch from the States – you will get charged a royalty fee and all that fancy stuff because it isn’t made locally. When you have a vendor that is willing to do that for you – you’ve got yourself a good connection.

LS460 Part 1: Air Install

I had to make a stop by Zero Limit and see how Jackie was doing on the car. Once again – have to thank Jackie for fitting in my car in between all his other work and putting in late hours to do this for me. I probably wouldn’t be able to do half of this myself haha especially with the amount of work I saw it was just to take out the rear back seats…

It was a quick visit, he had the LS on the lift and most of the rear gutted out. He was working on getting the rear seats out and it was a PITA because it was on rails since the rears move forward and back and recline

LS460 Air Install: Part II

Made another trip to Zero Limit to see how Jackie was doing on the car. All four struts were now in and all that’s needed left is to run the airlines and wires and then install the elevel sensors and finally mount the trunk set up.
Exciting to see but nervous at the same time – mainly because I’m so anxious to get it back haha

Diana’s dad had a nice wooden board I could use to replace the trunk piece and then Diana and I went to Fabricland to get a meter of fabric to wrap it after it was cut… Busy day!

We placed it in the trunk just to see. I forgot to put the tank back in but it looks dope.

Anyways – that’s as far as it got today. Jackie will be putting in more work all night so I suspect there will be much more progress tomorrow. I’m hoping Jackie can finish it up for tomorrow so I can get the car back for the week. But we’ll see how it goes!

LS460 Air Install: Part III

Stopped by the shop again for a few hours to see progress on the LS. Air lines are run throughout the car and it looks pretty stock. Huge thanks to JC for being my chauffeur for the day while I’m car-less!
I’ve taken a few pics of how the air lines are run.
Still chugging along!

The hole was drilled and it leads directly into the valve.

That’s all the updates I have today. I believe Jackie and Brad are now running the sensors and getting everything bolted down to the board. 6 days left till Driven and it feels like we’ve got a million things left to do… Stressful.

Stay tuned for tomorrow – I’ll probably have more updates as well as coverage from the VW show we visited today quickly

LS460 Air Install: Part III.5

Well – the reason I called this Part 3.5 is because it’s not good enough to be a part IV and I want so bad to make sure that part IV is the car dropped on the ground and part V to be the finale, the creme de le creme, the cherry on top – the wheels finally on the car and ready for Driven. Jackie is aiming for tomorrow night for it to be done. I stopped by quick with Diana to see if we could help wrap the trunk piece all over again since it had to be ripped off to bolt everything down. The fabric was catching and in retrospect, we should’ve glued it down. Those of you doing air installs – remember that haha.

Anyways here are some quick pics I snapped.

You can see the e-level wires hanging. They are routed.

The rear. These wires are so damn long for some reason…

The board with the tank tied down and the compressors bolted down. The VU4 and ECU need to be bolted down as well. Holes have been drilled to route the air lines and wiring as well.

LS460 Air Install: Part IV (COMPLETE)

Finally. The day has come. The car has now been completed and is finally down on the ground with the new shoes and everything.

Here’s my second round of shout outs:

Huge huge huge thanks to Jackie Tong at Zero Limit and Brad Atkins for helping out with taking on this project. We knew it was a big task to take on, we just didn’t know it was going to be THAT big. The amount of work and time that the two of them put in over the last week is awesome. Fitting my car in during the day in between appointments and continuing to work after your own job is something I really appreciate. Each time a roadblock was passed, there was another one and another one and another one. Eventually it finished. I messaged Jackie last night telling him I was forever in his debt. I know he doesn’t want to see another Lexus or air suspension install again for a whole year.

Second thanks to everyone that came out during the week that the LS was on the hoist willing to lend a hand. Last night was a perfect example of a few of us working vigorously to get the car back together. The amount of parts and panels would’ve taken forever to put back alone. Thanks to Steve for rolling my rear fenders to get those rear wheels to fit! Just another roadblock…

I feel like this is the Grammy’s.

Finally, when I think about it – there’s been so many names and hands in this week long project that has helped along the way. From rides to the shop and back home because I had no car, to cutting, wrapping, and supplying materials and tools to get pieces of the car done. I love it.

Anyways – let’s move onto the pics. I saved the pics from Tuesday night to add into here because it wasn’t worth making a post. This is the finale.

Brad sorting out the array of wires to get everything powered and working.

Re-wrapped after the holes were drilled and mounted everything down.

This was last night. The sun was setting and we were all working on multiple parts of the car to get it done as fast as we could. Gopesh and Steve working on getting the fender liner in on the passenger side and Punit and Aldo working on the driver side.

And voila. Backed it out, pulled off the asian blue tape and dropped it. The rears can go lower, but at this point I think it’s best we leave it alone. I don’t want to deal with the car anymore and I don’t think anyone else does either. It’s show ready for the most part.

Last edited by RAVSPEC; 05-09-2013 at 04:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
B L U E S L A T E (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 01:25 AM
RAVSPEC
Former Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Bump for a good informative read