Intermittent Shaking of Steering Wheel/Pulling to the left

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:48 PM
James Osumah
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermittent Shaking of Steering Wheel/Pulling to the left

Hi All,

I have a 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan on Aftermarket wheels. A couple of months ago it has been intermittently shaking as soon as I get to 55mph and up and I keep the speed steady. As I increase speed the shaking stops and once it hits 80 mph or more the shaking increases. I recently had a wheel alignment done, they suggested getting new suspension related things (i.e struts & etc.) but the car still pulls to the left noticeably when driving. However, with this shaking, I assumed it may be my rotors. Any suggestions?

I also do plan on lowering my car on Eibach springs soon but I don't think there's anything wrong with my suspension. But if it's suggested I don't mind getting new struts and arms. What are common signs of bad wear on suspension related parts?
Old 01-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Kpmikey808
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Are the wheels hub centric- did u put hub centric rings inside? Or maybe bad wheel bearing
Old 09-26-2019, 07:47 PM
simpsonb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have been dealing with this issue for months on my 09 sport vert and can't figure out what the hell it is... when I brake my steering wheel pulls to the left at pretty much any speed but it feels more noticeable coming to a stop. It will also switch and pull to the left sometimes when I try to correct for the pulling right. I also notice that the steering wheel shakes under light braking but not under heavy braking. And on any sort of uneven road the car feels like it wants to wander side to side a lot.

I changed both front wheel bearings a few months ago, I have 245s on the front and 275s on the rear. I've played with the pressures a lot and usually the car wants 39 psi front and rear on stock tires but I have them on 37 psi because 39 feels squirrely but 37 feels pretty good.

I'm going to be checking the suspension components and bushings tonight because that's the only thing that I could imagine would cause these sorts of issues that I haven't already played around with. I've flushed the brake fluid and checked the lines, rotors aren't warped and are wearing evenly, pads have plenty of life, pretty damn sure neither of the calipers are braking more than the other (it wouldn't switch polarity of pull if one was), my tie rods both inner and outer are all new, very minor amount of slack in the steering wheel, and I have the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position tires that are about halfway through their life so it's not like I put some crap brand tires on it.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:44 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Swap front tires left-to-right to see if still pulls to the left. If so, that does indicate a suspension issue. If it pulls to the right, that's a tire or wheel problem with the tire being the more likely suspect.