Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

G37s Coupe HELP

Old 08-28-2018, 10:42 AM
freshahhchris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy G37s Coupe HELP

Hello
I'm needing a little bit of help. I'm new to this whole community and I'm wanting to build my car really nice. Unfortunately I've been having tough problems with suspension and wheels. I purchased BC Racing coil-overs because a friend told me they were the best. There's just 2 things I don't like and I hope it's fixable.
1. It's WAY too bouncy.
2. I'm aiming for fitment and my wheels are tucking so much. I tried raising it but this is about how high they can go the friend said.

I'm just wanting a smoother ride and access to be able to add on spacers and get a better fitment look to it.

Any help on what I should do next?

Here are so pictures of what I'm working with.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:40 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Well, your friend didn't help you, that's for sure. You need to play with the damping to find a good compromise, assuming yours are adjustable.

Tein Street seems to feel close to stock, according to some members. I am pretty close to stock feel with the MeisterRs but believe they need a stiffer front spring; I keep whacking the sway bar mount on dips if I don't slow down that the stock suspension swallows up. And that's with only an inch drop. I don't know why other lowered owners don't speak about this.

As I'm not a believer is spacers, I'll let others offer advice on those.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:09 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Short correct answer is take it to a shop that knows what they are doing.

Long and more helpful (I hope) answer is, like slarti said, adjust the dampers until you find a setting you like. You might have to remove the rears if you can't get to it from the top assuming they are adjustable. Make sure you're adjusting the height and not the preload by loosening the locking collar on the bottom not the two on the top (those are to adjust the spring preload) and call BC to see what the max height is. Is your car AWD? I recall they made longer dampers for AWD cars otherwise the rear will be low. I definitely suggest spacers after. GL!

Adjust dampers:
Adjust height: