Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help camber kit necessity?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 11:00 AM
bsettles

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
What mileage on the tires and what brand/model are you running, also do you know the date codes when they were manufactured?

Sounds like tires were pretty shot prior to the switch, so hopefully a new set starting off w/ proper alignment specs will yield normal wear.
They are General G-MAX A/S 245/45/R17 with probably only 10k on them. As far as date codes I don't know off the top of my head. But I kind of theorized that maybe they were old when I ordered them with them being such an odd size.

I will check and post back.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Bommerang
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Hmm sounds like its theyre just shot then . Well if you get new tires now you have everything you need to have normal wear on them and enjoy them!
Old 08-02-2017, 01:10 PM
bsettles

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
I just got new tires yesterday and the ride is much smoother. However I still notice a vibration very similar to what I had before only it is way less noticable. Just had brand new OEM size Hankook Nobles put on (225/55/r17) and an alignment done and everything is in spec.

I honestly think some is going on with the spacers. Maybe somehow they have gotten out of flush with the hub or something.

they are H&R hubcentric 20mm spacers, so I got the best ones I could find. I am going to check them tonight and remove them and re install them to see if that fixes the issue.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Be sure to use a wire wheel and get rid of any corrosion between the hub to rotor, the rotor to spacer, and the spacer to wheel mounting areas, doesn't take much to cause problems.
G/L!
Old 08-27-2017, 06:32 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bsettles
}

Uneven wear on the front inner tires, resulting in an odd vibration that could almost be called bumpy.

Creates a noise that you would almost think a wheel bearing has gone.

Yes. You need a camber kit up front. I have the same issue. Dropped on Eibachs. I jacked the car up and checked out the tire for wear and noticed the fronts had pretty good wear on the inside. My front end is making the same noise and feel. Tires are a little under 2 years old and I just orded godspeed front camber arms. I'll probably put them in a couple of weeks and then get a new alignment. Hopefully I can save my tires for at least another year.