Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Are my new wheels causing acceleration lag?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:40 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
So what is the actual wheel weight of the OEM S Coupe wheels? I am getting all this info on other wheels....whats the starting point here?
Old 04-04-2016, 06:42 AM
Gatson1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
If this was his choice to send you the misfit wheels then it's on him to make it right. He has good feedback so hopefully this will be resolved in a manner that will make you happy in the end. And ditto Chuckie, what specs did you end up with on the wheels? A 19x9 with an offset of +35 would be a good fit, not too flush but would look proper in the wheel well (as an example).
Do you have any pics of them on your G?
FWIW It's common for some vendors (Vossen tends to do this) to push real aggressive fitment that may be too flush/tight for some, this may be the case here but

Sorry to hear you're going through this.

+30. Sticks outside the wheel well, actually. Not a good look, and really not practical for where I live either.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:46 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
So what is the actual wheel weight of the OEM S Coupe wheels? I am getting all this info on other wheels....whats the starting point here?
Here you go
2008 through 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe Rim and Tire Specifications, weight, offset and information
The following users liked this post:
evil-G-nius (04-05-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 08:50 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Gatson1983
+30. Sticks outside the wheel well, actually. Not a good look, and really not practical for where I live either.
Well if you're not happy w/ the fitment and it wasn't your choice they should take care of it. G/L and keep us posted.

Hate when wheel/tire transactions go south
Old 04-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Gatson1983

Originally Posted by blnewt
Well if you're not happy w/ the fitment and it wasn't your choice they should take care of it. G/L and keep us posted.

Hate when wheel/tire transactions go south

No, it definitely wasn't my choice on the offset. I'm not so annoyed anymore as time has passed, but it's really inconvenient to go through this again. I have high hopes this will be resolved with no issues.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:09 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
I wouldn't have bought the Rims if I didnt know what offset was being sent..
I verified 3 times on the phone before my order was placed and also in email on what was being sent before shipping occurred..
Can't put all the blame on the vendor if you didn't state what offset you wanted..
If they didn't have what was in stock and he stated something different and you said yes that's fine that's on you..
I talked to Jason about buying enkei rims.. They didn't have what I wanted and he tried to get me to buy something else and i said NO..

Last edited by chuckie311; 04-05-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Gatson1983

Originally Posted by chuckie311
I wouldn't have bought the Rims if I did t know what offset was being sent..
I verified 3 times on the phone before my order was placed and also in email on what was being sent before shipping occurred..
Can't put all the blame on the vendor if you didn't state what offset you wanted..
If they didn't have what was in stock and he stated something different and you said yes that's fine that's on you..
I talked to Jason anout buying enkei rims.. They didn't have what I wanted and he tried to get me to buy something else and i said NO..
That's just it, when I spoke with him on the phone I informed him I was completely new to this and it wasn't my field. Not once did the subject of offset come into play. Had he even discussed offset I would have asked about what it meant and how it plays into my purchase decision. With him being the vendor, I was expecting everything was covered.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:37 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Holy crap! So if I am reading this correctly...the wheels + tires total 222 pounds! Jeebus
Old 04-05-2016, 02:57 AM
chuckie311

Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Holy crap! So if I am reading this correctly...the wheels + tires total 222 pounds! Jeebus
What did you think they weighed?
Old 04-05-2016, 03:01 AM
chuckie311

That's just it, when I spoke with him on the phone I informed him I was completely new to this and it wasn't my field. Not once did the subject of offset come into play. Had he even discussed offset I would have asked about what it meant and how it plays into my purchase decision. With him being the vendor, I was expecting everything was covered.
Should have researched and did your homework before you bought.. Shouldn't expect someone on the other end to know exactly what you want..
Before I buy anything I research and ask questions..and gather all the information before I buy.. Otherwise you end up in the situation your in..
Old 04-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Gatson1983

Should have researched and did your homework before you bought.. Shouldn't expect someone on the other end to know exactly what you want..
Before I buy anything I research and ask questions..and gather all the information before I buy.. Otherwise you end up in the situation your in..

Not everyone that purchases something knows everything about the item they are purchasing or investing in. I informed him from the start I wasn't a professional, he is. Seeing as how he's the vendor, and based on the questions I asked, he knew I didn't know a lot about wheels. Something as important as offset should have been discussed. I understand it now.

This is no different from any other consumer coming into an industry that they're not fully informed in. I treat my job no differently. If someone hasn't asked a question that impacts their purchase to that degree, I make sure it's resolved, otherwise it looks like I'm just a geek behind a keyboard taking money.

Good thing I don't purchase from you, otherwise you and my bank would have quite the situation to deal with.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:12 AM
chuckie311

Not everyone that purchases something knows everything about the item they are purchasing or investing in. I informed him from the start I wasn't a professional, he is. Seeing as how he's the vendor, and based on the questions I asked, he knew I didn't know a lot about wheels. Something as important as offset should have been discussed. I understand it now.

This is no different from any other consumer coming into an industry that they're not fully informed in. I treat my job no differently. If someone hasn't asked a question that impacts their purchase to that degree, I make sure it's resolved, otherwise it looks like I'm just a geek behind a keyboard taking money.

Good thing I don't purchase from you, otherwise you and my bank would have quite the situation to deal with.
i didn't know anything about wheels and offsets either.. But i searched the Forum and looked around and asked questions before i made a purchase.
if i was in the wheel business and someone called me asking for rims. i would ask specific questions to the buyer..do you want your tires flush sticking out a bit or what would you want to buy..i even used google to find tire size Calculators and rim offset and the differences..
if the rim size you wanted wasn't in stock and i suggest a slightly bigger rim and said yes it fits and that is no other question i assume your fine with what is being sent..
i think the question you should have asked him is i want want my setup to look stock..i don't want the rims tires stinking out beyond the wheel well..
if that was said and he sent something different then that's his fault and he should make it right..

there would be no problem if you wanted to return them just remember some places will charge a 20% restock fee if there is no defect in the product..
Old 04-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts

Here is what I'm hearing. The vendor supplied you wheels that fit the car, they just don't fit to your exact taste. These wheels are perhaps more aggressive than you would have liked. If you had specific requirements on fitment, perhaps more research was needed on your end before pulling the trigger. It's not like they sold you the wrong bolt pattern or center bore size. If you go and get a hair cut and all you tell them is to make it shorter, don't be surprised when your hair is shorter but it doesn't look exactly how you expected. Professional or not.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Gatson1983

i didn't know anything about wheels and offsets either.. But i searched the Forum and looked around and asked questions before i made a purchase.
if i was in the wheel business and someone called me asking for rims. i would ask specific questions to the buyer..do you want your tires flush sticking out a bit or what would you want to buy..i even used google to find tire size Calculators and rim offset and the differences..
if the rim size you wanted wasn't in stock and i suggest a slightly bigger rim and said yes it fits and that is no other question i assume your fine with what is being sent..
i think the question you should have asked him is i want want my setup to look stock..i don't want the rims tires stinking out beyond the wheel well..
if that was said and he sent something different then that's his fault and he should make it right..

there would be no problem if you wanted to return them just remember some places will charge a 20% restock fee if there is no defect in the product..
I agree. I won't make that mistake again.

Originally Posted by Ryne
Here is what I'm hearing. The vendor supplied you wheels that fit the car, they just don't fit to your exact taste. These wheels are perhaps more aggressive than you would have liked. If you had specific requirements on fitment, perhaps more research was needed on your end before pulling the trigger. It's not like they sold you the wrong bolt pattern or center bore size. If you go and get a hair cut and all you tell them is to make it shorter, don't be surprised when your hair is shorter but it doesn't look exactly how you expected. Professional or not.

I understand the comparison that you're making, but I respectfully disagree. If a vendor and I are specifically talking about something fitting, and the offset is a very important part of this equation, then it needed to be discussed one way or another. If we bring up the matter of taste into equation, then it wasn't his decision to make regarding the fitment and should have simply called/emailed me to discuss this. Yes, as a consumer it is definitely my part to know what I want, but in a situation where i missed something that is part of the equation....and I told the vendor I'm new and need his assistance...I feel we're both just as guilty. Had he asked me even one question or brought up the subject of offset....this post wouldn't exist because I would have asked him for a follow-up of what the offset means.

As it is, he's being very helpful at this point in trying to get it resolved for me. I should have a definite answer by the end of today. Trust me, though, lesson learned. I'm sure it's as much as a headache for him as it is for me.

Last edited by Gatson1983; 04-05-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
I understand the comparison that you're making, but I respectfully disagree. If a vendor and I are specifically talking about something fitting, and the offset is a very important part of this equation, then it needed to be discussed one way or another. If we bring up the matter of taste into equation, then it wasn't his decision to make regarding the fitment and should have simply called/emailed me to discuss this. Yes, as a consumer it is definitely my part to know what I want, but in a situation where i missed something that is part of the equation....and I told the vendor I'm new and need his assistance...I feel we're both just as guilty. Had he asked me even one question or brought up the subject of offset....this post wouldn't exist because I would have asked him for a follow-up of what the offset means.

As it is, he's being very helpful at this point in trying to get it resolved for me. I should have a definite answer by the end of today. Trust me, though, lesson learned. I'm sure it's as much as a headache for him as it is for me.
I'm glad the vendor is working with you. Right or wrong, he may have left out the discussion of offsets to simplify the transaction since you made it clear you were a novice at wheel/tire fitment. Offsets can be extremely confusing and complicated, and are hard to explain over a short phone call. Offsets are also only part of a complex equation that results in the final fitment. Alignment specs play a huge factor in final fit. A difference in a degree or two of camber makes the same size wheel look either past the fender, in line, or slightly tucked.

Did you end up with Forgestar wheels?

Quick Reply: Help Are my new wheels causing acceleration lag?