Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

GETTING COILOVERS need advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Nhippen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coilovers!

Nevermind

Last edited by Nhippen; 02-18-2016 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:23 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The ONLY way to know if you need a camber kit is to lower the car to where you want it and check the alignment. If it can be aligned at the height you have it set at, you don't need anything. If it can't, then you do.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding around this. There are endless threads asking, "I'm dropped with X, do I need a camber kit?" Even if two different G's drop using the same parts, the drop won't be completely identical. Beyond that, the issue of whether you "need" to adjust camber beyond what the factory adjustment allows is subjective. Lots of people are perfectly OK with being somewhat out of ideal factory adjustment. Some are not. Is you goal to be able to align your car to ideal OEM specs? Then yes, you will need a camber kit with just about any drop because front camber isn't adjustable with OEM parts. Does "close enough" work for you? Then you need to see where your car's alignment is and go from there. Nobody can tell you that from photos of the car or your description of what parts you will be using.

So after you have the parts installed and adjust the height where you want it, go get your alignment checked and see how far off it is. Then determine if you can live with that or if you want to do something to be able to get it closer to factory alignment specs. Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:38 AM
Nhippen

Ok well i guess my question was do u think my car has a camber kit already? I've had it aligned with my OEM rims and the black rims with no problems. My rear seem to camber in a lil so I'll probably get rear camber kit but if I'm raising the front I think camber would be less of a problem, correct? ALSO is there any good rear camber kits that don't require enlarging the bolt hole? THX again
Old 02-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Nhippen

Sorry I don't have a good pic of the front camber right now
Old 02-17-2016, 10:28 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Unfortunately there's no way to tell if you have a camber kit on your car by looking at these photos of it, unless you have photos of the front upper control arms and the rear camber arms. However you can tell yourself if you get underneath there an look to see if there's aftermarket parts installed or the OEM ones. There are no kits (that I'm aware of) that adjust rear camber without enlarging the hole.

Raising or lowering it at all changes the suspension geometry and you will have to get the alignment checked again to see what it does or doesn't need.