Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help '08 G37s Coupe 6MT Rotors Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by InitialDeezNutz
Did I mentioned my budget was $300? ROFL. The broke life sucks. I also did some researching on RockAuto, I've found the Centric Premium rotors (sport) for Front 2 sides for $144, and the rear 2 sides Centric C-TEK Sport Drilled/Slotted Disc for $100. Everything came out to be $270 shipped with the 5% Off.

I was wondering if that would be a good option?
Just saw this after my last post. Yes, that's a good option IMO. I installed some for a relative just a few months ago. They are OEM quality.

Centric is one of the largest rotor manufacturers in the world. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that our OEM rotors are manufactured by them. They make Stop Tech and various other premium as well as private label brake parts.
The following users liked this post:
InitialDeezNutz (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 PM
InitialDeezNutz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Just saw this after my last post. Yes, that's a good option IMO. I installed some for a relative just a few months ago. They are OEM quality.

Centric is one of the largest rotor manufacturers in the world. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that our OEM rotors are manufactured by them. They make Stop Tech and various other premium as well as private label brake parts.
Thank you, I think I'll go with that option.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Dough1397
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts
I barely know who Drake is and have no idea how my statement would be associated with him at all. Damn, I'm getting old.

I currently don't have them on either of my personal cars. OEM on one, Racing Brake on the other. I can recommend them though becasue I have installed them on several other people's cars. 2 G's and a Maxma. I will put them on the Wife's car if/when the time comes.

They're available for sport and non sport. I haven't looked lately but I'm pretty sure you can buy all 4 for under $300 shipped.
Drake has an almbum entitled http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_Me_Later, c'est tout (that's all)!

BB, thanks for the info. This talk of Centric Premium rotors made me rethink the StopTech slotted route. I really need to make a decision and order it. Being in Canada sucks, front kit + Goodridge lines all around = $675

InitialDeezNutz, remember to post back with your thoughts and install pics
InitialDeezNutz (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 10:40 AM
InitialDeezNutz

Originally Posted by Dough1397

Drake has an almbum entitled Video Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_Me_Later, c'est tout (that's all)!

BB, thanks for the info. This talk of Centric Premium rotors made me rethink the StopTech slotted route. I really need to make a decision and order it. Being in Canada sucks, front kit + Goodridge lines all around = $675

InitialDeezNutz, remember to post back with your thoughts and install pics
$675 can be useful on a lot of other things lol. The reason why I'm not ordering StopTech drilled/slotted is because this is just gonna be a daily driving car. I don't race or put it on the tracks, therefore I don't need to go all out on a set of rotors xD, plus I'm broke.

I'm going to order it soon. Once I have it installed, will post photos and my thoughts 😃
Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Dough1397
Being in Canada sucks, front kit + Goodridge lines all around = $675
^ why? just order it online and ship to a border town in the US. then pop over and pick it up. guys in Vancity do this all the time, and save anywhere from 40-70% from Canada prices. tons of shipping depot services just over the line specifically for this purpose.

OP - any chance you could spring for the Centric Premium blanks for the rears as well, instead of the C-teck rears? it would be better to stay with consistent components throughout if possible. the C-teks lack some of the development of the Premiums, and they'll look different for what that's worth. the two rears in Premium come out to $115, so it's only $15 more...still under $300 shipped.

Last edited by canucklehead; 04-02-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:54 PM
InitialDeezNutz

Originally Posted by canucklehead

^ why? just order it online and ship to a border town in the US. then pop over and pick it up. guys in Vancity do this all the time, and save anywhere from 40-70% from Canada prices. tons of shipping depot services just over the line specifically for this purpose.

OP - any chance you could spring for the Centric Premium blanks for the rears as well, instead of the C-teck rears? it would be better to stay with consistent components throughout if possible. the C-teks lack some of the development of the Premiums, and they'll look different for what that's worth. the two rears in Premium come out to $115, so it's only $15 more...still under $300 shipped.
I was also looking for the Centric premium rears but I guess I missed it, so I end up deciding on the C-TEKs. Gotta look at it again once I'm ready to order. Thanks for noticing!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by InitialDeezNutz
I was also looking for the Centric premium rears but I guess I missed it, so I end up deciding on the C-TEKs. Gotta look at it again once I'm ready to order. Thanks for noticing!
Look carefully. The way their parts are listed it's kind of difficult to find. When I get home tonight and have time I can look at my past order history and get you the exact part numbers.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:37 PM
InitialDeezNutz

Look carefully. The way their parts are listed it's kind of difficult to find. When I get home tonight and have time I can look at my past order history and get you the exact part numbers.
Please do, thank you!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Here it is:
Front
More Information for CENTRIC 12042100
Rear
More Information for CENTRIC 12042101
Old 04-02-2014, 04:21 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
rockauto has both front and rear. fronts are #120.42100. rears are #120.42101. they are listed on rockauto as "premium disc - preferred". i have the rears and they are great. when my fronts need to be replaced i'll order the Centric premiums for those too.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
To close the loop on this thread, I'll chime in with my experience; there will also be valuable part numbers posted. I went with the centric premium rotors front and rear paired with the Akebono ProACT pads. I bought my calipers new so I also picked up the hardware made by centric. This hardware is over $100 from the dealer, so $15 from RockAuto is a steal. My rotor, pad, and hardware package came to about $400 shipped after the 5% discount. The rotors look great and the combo doesn't make any noise. The stopping power is also great.

Name:  rockauto_zps65a58ec5.png
Views: 70
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  securedownload-1_zps1b0552ea.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  securedownload_zpsd6b30429.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  43.7 KB
Black Betty (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Varjo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
So would there be much of a performance difference between centric premiums and stoptech drilled? The cost difference is not insignificant. Also, is there a consensus that centric premiums are an upgrade to OEM sport rotors?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Varjo
So would there be much of a performance difference between centric premiums and stoptech drilled? The cost difference is not insignificant. Also, is there a consensus that centric premiums are an upgrade to OEM sport rotors?
Absolutely none. The only performance benefit would be if you went to lightweight 2 pc rotors, and even then the benefit is really only evident in track sessions because they'll run cooler and be more resistant to fade. For street driven cars the only difference is appearance.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by Varjo
For the G37, Stoptech really messed up. The drills/slots are so sloppy. This picture explains it best; even if you paint this area it still makes the drills/slots uneven. I am way too picky to put these on my car, especially at a premium price.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Varjo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow... yea. Ok, centric premiums it is then when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Help '08 G37s Coupe 6MT Rotors Replacement