Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Vertini Magic 20' HUB CENTRIC RING??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Vector x Prime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vertini Magic 20' HUB CENTRIC RING??

Okay so here is my problem. I purchased these Vertini Magic 20' a couple months ago and just started to realize this vibration coming from my vehicle when I am at 80mph or higher. Ive got my wheels balanced and they said it was fine. The problem still persisted. Took it to a guy to look at the rim in infiniti who is a master tech and says the wheel is not flush and perhaps you need a hub centric ring. I look back in my paper work for those wheels and notice the rings were packaged with my set, but they never physically arrived -___-
Next, I ordered the hub centric rings from ebay by the measurements provided on the paperwork which is 73.1-66.1 and received them today. I was going to install them, but they did not fit. The inner fits flush on the bore but the outer has this thick part which I can not get inside my rim. FML
Talked to this guy from GETYOURWHEELS.COM and he is no help. I just told him just send me the rings so I can call it a day.

My question is Has anyone with these rims have this issue. Its not a MAJOR issue that the vibration is felt on my steering wheel or pedal. Its like a vibration all around. Minor, but annoying. I like a smooth ride u know?! If anyone can help me with this and their solution on how they fixed it, than I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Vector x Prime
The inner fits flush on the bore but the outer has this thick part which I can not get inside my rim.
Can you explain this part? Some rings have a slightly thicker portion, but that doesn't have to fit all the way in the rim. Or, are you saying it's extending outwards, preventing the face from sitting flush on the hub?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Vector x Prime

From what I know on the installation part is that you to tap the ring into the rim and than put the rim on the hub, tigthen it and your work is down. However, I can not get the ring in period regardless if I try to tap it in. It does have that thick part on the back of the ring, but even with that the ring will not enter. Its like the sizing is a bit off. I placed the ring on the hub which is flush the inside diameter (66.1), but the rim will not sit flush on it which is the outer (73.1).
Old 03-13-2013, 08:11 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Would you have a caliper handy? Double check the bore size on the rim. Is it the same issue across all four of them?

Hmm... it's also possible that the rim may already be hubcentric (not likely) or has a metal ring already in place (my Enkei's have metal rings, and right now they're already fused to the rim...)
Old 03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Vector x Prime

Did my research for the bore and thats the size they run from what I found on here and other sites which is 66.1. I looked at the rim and it sucks cus if it is molded on there I could not tell. The whole rim is black haha. I see where I can slide the ring in, but yeah I cant tell if it is molded or not which sucks. I had GETYOURWHEELS.COM to send me another set to see how they go. Im hoping that its molded different, but I guess all I can do is wait and see. Weird though man.