Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Anybody ever gonna make another strut tower bar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
man i really can't believe people buy the strut bar for the way it looks..

you drive around with your hood open? lol
Old 05-10-2009, 09:58 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No, but same reason I painted my engine cover, add black intake, add grounding kit and samco hoses. Nice to make it look pretty
Old 05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Scott at RA
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
man i really can't believe people buy the strut bar for the way it looks..

you drive around with your hood open? lol
I must agree here with you. LOL I designed and built our STB (the VERY first one available for the G35) for the the performance standpoint and the plain and simple fact that these front mid shipped designed cars really needed one.

But if people like the way it looks, who am I to tell them different, even more reason to buy one I guess.

Here is a good example of the chromed version of our STB on John (Speedravers) G35.... it actually does look pretty good.....

Old 05-10-2009, 10:22 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Yes I agree it does look sexy..

When the hoods open haha but I can't justify paying all the extra $$ to get my hood looking like that if I don't at least attend car shows for instance to each his own I guess
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How soon is soon Scott? Liking how the G35 one looks but want to get one in the next few weeks...

Originally Posted by Scott at RA
(Not trying to advertise or anything here).... But, since someone asked... We will be making our version of the G35 STB for the G37 here pretty soon. It has already been started and I will be finishing it up as soon as I get caught up on some other work around here. All the issues will be worked out (if any) and I will be track testing this (like I do all our products) before we will make it available.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:46 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So let me ask....I know that most people have had scratching issues with the GTSpec bar, but as far as the performance of the product, does it perform well? I'm cool if it scratches up the bar a bit as long as it performs well. Has anyone had any damage to the hood since installing the bar? I'm becoming more tempted to buy one after reading the benefits of using one....But if Scott at RA comes up with a better product that performs just as well and is comparably priced....and DOESN'T scratch, well that's a no-brainer. I guess I need feedback from y'all.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:59 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't had any problems with th GTSpec Bar. Hell I've had to take it off and put back on several times since I've changed intakes 4 times. Not fitment problems whatsoever and barely any scratches on top.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:01 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EZDozzit
I haven't had any problems with th GTSpec Bar. Hell I've had to take it off and put back on several times since I've changed intakes 4 times. Not fitment problems whatsoever and barely any scratches on top.
Thanks for the quick response man! Is this an easy item to install?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 AM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Thanks for the quick response man! Is this an easy item to install?
It's not difficult to install.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:55 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I can test it for you. Send one now. I dont track or drive hard. But I can test how it looks under the hood
why do you want one then? huge waste of money
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
So let me ask....I know that most people have had scratching issues with the GTSpec bar, but as far as the performance of the product, does it perform well? I'm cool if it scratches up the bar a bit as long as it performs well. Has anyone had any damage to the hood since installing the bar? I'm becoming more tempted to buy one after reading the benefits of using one....But if Scott at RA comes up with a better product that performs just as well and is comparably priced....and DOESN'T scratch, well that's a no-brainer. I guess I need feedback from y'all.
their have been no other issues then rub marks on the bar. and yes they perform great
Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Scott at RA
I must agree here with you. LOL I designed and built our STB (the VERY first one available for the G35) for the the performance standpoint and the plain and simple fact that these front mid shipped designed cars really needed one.

But if people like the way it looks, who am I to tell them different, even more reason to buy one I guess.

Here is a good example of the chromed version of our STB on John (Speedravers) G35.... it actually does look pretty good.....

are those top secret hood dampers? or did he just paint his gold
Old 05-11-2009, 07:11 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
why do you want one then? huge waste of money
Same reason people polish their plenum on the G35, or buy a carbon fiber cover, ect.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Same reason people polish their plenum on the G35, or buy a carbon fiber cover, ect.
those are cosmetic changes. stb's are not cosmetic. they have a function. and its not to look pretty and earn brownies points from the other wannabe street racers
Old 05-11-2009, 02:43 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

It is a cosmetic change to me.

Do you really that everyone that installs race seats, cf hoods, coil overs, samco hoses, ect all do it purely for function??

I simply like my engine bay to look good.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever gonna make another strut tower bar?