Help Trouble with Tein H techs!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 12:27 PM
ATHENSG37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Trouble with Tein H techs!

So Ive got to be missing something or doing something wrong but i cant seem to get the top hat bolt clocked right while keeping the spring in the correct spot/seats. The top hat only goes in one way because the grooves in the upper spring seat arent all the same size. The box said the springs are for g35/g37 coupe and also noticed the new springs end in dofferent spots compared to the oem ones. Maybe these pics will help. Notice how the top hat is not in the right alignment to bolt it in.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
You are using a spring compressor right?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:29 PM
ATHENSG37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfnazi
You are using a spring compressor right?
Haha of course. After alot of searching i finally found a post mentioning my issue. The concern was that the top of the spring wouldnt align into the top spring seat/insulator/rubber piece when you had the top plate where it needed to be to bolt onto the strut mount. The post i found said that this wont line up on the aftermarket springs just because the springs are cut in different places compared to stock. Kind of hard to explain what im talking about but with how everything is designed only one side will line up 100%, the other side you have to just line up the top plate and stick the rubber spring mount in where it fits which worked just fine in the end.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Glad it worked out, post up pics once they settle as H-Techs aren't too common so it would be good to have a reference for others.They are pretty mild and should result in a ride that's pretty comfortable vs a more slammed spring.