Brakes n rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 12:09 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Brakes n rotors

Hey guys need some assistance, I've check multiple threads but there's nothing recent. I need to replace my brakes n rotors and wanted to know if anyone has bought powerstop or stoptech brake n rotor kit recently n could chime in. I dont track but like most I'm always moving. Thanks in advance
Old 05-13-2019, 01:48 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I moved you to the Brakes and Suspension forum where you'll find reams of data about Stoptech parts.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:39 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
I moved you to the Brakes and Suspension forum where you'll find reams of data about Stoptech parts.
Thanks, I've also search through on that thread but nothing recent with those brands
Old 05-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Said Amir
Registered Member

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
I have stop tech rotors and pads front and rear and they are great for daily driving. I don’t have any issues and when I do sprints at night they brake really well without a issue. Been using it for 20k miles and no issues.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:29 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Said Amir
I have stop tech rotors and pads front and rear and they are great for daily driving. I don’t have any issues and when I do sprints at night they brake really well without a issue. Been using it for 20k miles and no issues.
Great to hear, I found a full kit for 300 out the door from autoanything. Check it.

https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/...icleId=8360747
Old 05-13-2019, 06:39 PM
Said Amir
Registered Member

Do you have the BBK or just regular ones?
Old 05-13-2019, 06:42 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Do you have the BBK or just regular ones?
regular
Old 05-13-2019, 06:46 PM
Said Amir
Registered Member

Yea it will do you well, make sure to put some grease on the corners of the brake pads and flush the brake fluid
Old 05-13-2019, 07:02 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Yea it will do you well, make sure to put some grease on the corners of the brake pads and flush the brake fluid
The flush is a must, doing some maintenance on the car so yea.
The following users liked this post:
Said Amir (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 09:11 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
There are two versions of the Stoptech pads, the Street Pads & Sport Pads. I like the Sport pads for their added bite, but they do dust quite a bit. IMO the dusting is the price to pay for better performance, but if you have wheels that are a real PITA to clean you might consider the Street pads, they don't dust much and don't require the aggressive bed-in of the Sport pads but they perform closer to OEM. Check rockauto.com too if you haven't clicked the buy button yet
Old 05-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
There are two versions of the Stoptech pads, the Street Pads & Sport Pads. I like the Sport pads for their added bite, but they do dust quite a bit. IMO the dusting is the price to pay for better performance, but if you have wheels that are a real PITA to clean you might consider the Street pads, they don't dust much and don't require the aggressive bed-in of the Sport pads but they perform closer to OEM. Check rockauto.com too if you haven't clicked the buy button yet
Do you think there's any better deals right now, buying no later than next week so I'm still searching.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:21 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Looks to be a nice deal, especially when you factor in the free shipping. Amazon has it for about the same w/ free ship ($299.81)
Amazon # B01CO4K90K
Old 05-14-2019, 06:22 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Looks to be a nice deal, especially when you factor in the free shipping. Amazon has it for about the same w/ free ship ($299.81)
Amazon # B01CO4K90K
I was thinking about painting the center hub of the rotors to prevent rusting, any thoughts on that??
Old 05-14-2019, 08:26 AM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
They have a third pad now (technically three if you count their racing pads) they call Street Select so make sure you get the right one. "Street Select Front Brake Pads by StopTech®. StopTech is proud to announce the release of its Street Select friction program. Using a single part number family, the Street Select friction program contains both Semi-Metallic and Ceramic application-specific formulations. Street Select brake pads are positioned just below StopTech’s Street and Sport pads in friction coefficient and wear."

Whereas the Street pads: StopTech Street Performance brake Pads are engineered to meet the demands of high performance driving while maintaining the refinement and comfort expected in everyday driving conditions. StopTech brake pads combine the benefits of premium street brake pads with aggressive friction formulas suitable for track day and autocross use. Para-aramid composites are specially formulated to provide linear response at both cold and hot temperatures, delivering optimum stopping performance over a wide range of driving conditions."

I had to replace my rears and found a deal on Street pads on Amazon. They had a "Used - Like New" in the original box and still wrapped (someone must have bought the wrong ones and returned them) for ~$18
Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean
I was thinking about painting the center hub of the rotors to prevent rusting, any thoughts on that??
That's what I've done, use VHT Flameproof paint, and if you want the slots to show up better you can mask off the area on the rotor that scrubs the pads but leave the slots unmasked then paint over the whole rotor. And leave about a 1/4" into the scrub area unmasked so you'll get a clean cut line when you first bed in the pads.

Quick Reply: Brakes n rotors