Help Brake pad/flushing questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 09:36 PM
Pho
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Brake pad/flushing questions

It's time for me to replace my brake pads and it seems that the Centric pads are the most recommended.
The one thing I want to make sure is I get the correct pads, I have a 2012 G37 4door with sports appearance package. Now I'm pretty sure that the sports appearance difference doesn't change the size of the brake pads?

Another thing, I can't seem to find what the difference between the posiquiet extended wear vs ceramic besides the ceramic being a bit more.

Also is it necessary to flush my breaks or can I just bleed them? If so I'll pick up the motive powerbleeder and do you guys have any recommendations for jack stands + floor jack? Looks like I'll be spending a lot of money, but I'm sure it'll pay off the long run.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2018, 10:04 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Flush the brake fluid every three to four years.

Can't help with the pads except to say check this thread to verify which brakes you have. Your use of "sports appearance" befuddles me. Is it a Sport or not? Akebonos, limited-slip diff, red S on the trunk lid, etc.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Pho
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Flush the brake fluid every three to four years.

Can't help with the pads except to say check this thread to verify which brakes you have. Your use of "sports appearance" befuddles me. Is it a Sport or not? Akebonos, limited-slip diff, red S on the trunk lid, etc.
It's not an actual sports model, just has the sports appearance package. So I'm pretty positive I get the 320/307 mm

Also going to be ordering the motive bleeder as well, thanks!
Old 11-16-2018, 09:33 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
I'm confused by what you mean when you say "sport's appearance" as well, is it all wheel drive? (i.e. and X or XS model) or RWD?