Isolator spring mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Gabebapes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So a quick update I did the mod and finally got an aligment the picture before has -3 camber and the picture after has -5. Overall I chopped about an inch off the isolator. There's no difference in the ride but be aware even you do this to a stock car it will most likely need an aligment

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 11-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
I wonder what those top seats are going to look like after a few thousand miles. Did you come away from research thinking they'd hold up over time?

I've seen -3° on my rears once a few years ago, while I was trying to mess with fitment. IMO, looking at the car from behind, -3° looked ridiculous, and that's with 19x10" wheels. Seeing heavily cambered wheels from behind is a compromise for drawing in the line to the fender lip. I can't even imagine what -5° would look like. But that was your goal, and it seems you made it happen. And good to know the ride quality doesn't feel compromised. You would think it would, but it's all so subjective.

How are your fronts configured?
Old 11-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Gabebapes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I wonder what those top seats are going to look like after a few thousand miles. Did you come away from research thinking they'd hold up over time?

I've seen -3° on my rears once a few years ago, while I was trying to mess with fitment. IMO, looking at the car from behind, -3° looked ridiculous, and that's with 19x10" wheels. Seeing heavily cambered wheels from behind is a compromise for drawing in the line to the fender lip. I can't even imagine what -5° would look like. But that was your goal, and it seems you made it happen. And good to know the ride quality doesn't feel compromised. You would think it would, but it's all so subjective.

How are your fronts configured?
top seats shouldn't have an issue there is a metal ring which gets held in place by 4 metals that are protruding so it wont shift around. Energy makes the isolators for this reason but with no cone to keep the spring in place or metal ring for the metals.
honestly with the 275/40 and the 18 inch rims -3 camber did not look chambered at all. We went to -6.5 but went back to -5 since the main goal was the clearance of the tires.

the ride quality is trash due my blow shocks in the front should be replacing those this week but the rear is solid I dont even notice I guess due to the meaty tires