WARNING for brake buyers - BAD COMPANY

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 03:53 PM
RedVert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WARNING for brake buyers - BAD COMPANY

I needed to get a new set of brakes on the wife's G37 vert. Nothing really wrong with the factory originals, but figured that it was a good idea to fit new ones, and since I was doing that, why not buy some upgraded rotors and pads.
Went on Amazon.com and saw a set of drilled and slotted rotors and carbon fiber/ceramic pads. Had some good reviews and a couple of less than good (which i should have paid more attention to). Anyways, ordered fro this company....... MAX Brakes out of Ontario Canada. Immediately after ordering, they sent me an email asking for details on the car. I sent the the year, make, model, sub model (base), engine and most importantly, the ViN. That way, they could ship out the correct parts. This turns out to be important, because there are 2 or 3 different sizes of rotors and 3 different sizes of pads.
Needless to say, they shipped the WRONG ONES.
now, most companies would accept their error and do 2 things, #1, ship the right ones, and #2, pay the freight to send back the wrong ones. NOT these clowns. not only do they want me to pay to ship them back (almost $50 in freight), they want me to pay almost $60 MORE for the right parts, and you'll love this. The base car, which we have, has the smaller rotors and pads then the ones they shipped, which one would think are the less expensive ones.
Anyway, long story short, I found a different vendor who is sending the correct parts and the wife will once again be a happy top down person.
But i wanted to shout out a warning to anyone considering buying rotors and pads from this company. Oh, and they also sell under a different name on EBay, so watch out there too.
Max Brakes on Amazon
Old 10-07-2018, 07:39 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
brake shopping so will look out for that one and steer clear; though most posts seem to indicate rockauto etc but thanks
Old 10-07-2018, 09:55 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
Even though Amazon did not directly ship these you can still contact their customer service for assistance.

I'm also assuming you paid with a credit card of some sort. If so you have the option of filing a charge back. Make sure you let them know you have that option and I am sure they will change their tune.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:55 AM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Contact Amazon, they look out for the buyers.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:34 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
op you live in canada that is why u bought from a canadian company?
Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 PM
RedVert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, Live in US. But bought on Amazon, which doesn't mind that it comes from somewhere other.
They're still trying to resolve the situation. Company is refusing to refund.
Then, to make things worse, they told me it would cost $45 to UPS the rotors cack to them. When I went to UPS to drop them off, it was $132.00 in freight (ground, to their facility in New York) to ship them back. Needless to say, they are sitting in my garage, in the boxes.
Just in case anyone with a G sedan is looking for a set of drilled and slotted rotors and carbon pads.

Originally Posted by saywat?
op you live in canada that is why u bought from a canadian company?
Old 10-08-2018, 09:52 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
thats why u dont buy things from canada and way to many sellers in the US that its just unnecessary. bc its hassles to deal with returns or warranty if its out in canada. but to help you out usps has flat rate boxes you can use to ship it should include canada and will be cheaper to ship that way. thats how alot of rotor sellers ship their rotors with free shipping