Lowering Springs question (non technical)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 11:31 AM
G'snuts

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lowering Springs question (non technical)

I wanted to know who here can enlighten me on their lowering experience with lowering springs on the g37x. A buddy at work told me to stay clear of any lowering or Ill scrap even with an inch. I really want to lower the dam thing because all my previous cars had been lowered and I feel funny driving on this stock setup. Are there measures I should take before I lower the car? I drive in the city so Im really concerned, I never owned AWD drive before and heard not to do so. Thanks
Old 03-08-2018, 12:30 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
The swift springs are a mild drop, you will be fine even with "all wheel drive drive".
The following users liked this post:
G'snuts (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 01:57 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
i'm not AWD, but i had eibach pro-kit on my 6MT S a few years ago. loved the ride, handling, and stance. i believe it is ~1" drop. my only problem was scraping on parking lot ramps or speedbumps - especially with a passenger or two in the back seat. it was not a daily occurrence, but it happened enough to be a nuisance. very different from my G35 with Z springs which was perfect and never scraped.

i ended up taking off the eibach pro kit and replaced it with eibach adjustable sways. that certainly did more from a handling standpoint, although not as much from a stance aspect. more go, less show.

this all depends on the OP's commute and daily routine. if driveways, sharp transitions, speedbumps are not a concern, then i would definitely suggest a nice subtle drop on the G. looks so much better than stock IMO. especially on the X models which ride a bit higher then the RWD S models i believe.
G'snuts (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 02:18 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I've had Eibach pro kits on my X coupe for almost a year and I've scraped a few times on speed bumps or ramps into parking lots but usually because I didn't slow down enought but not over every speed bump. There are two decent sized speed bumps I go over every time I leave work and as long as I go slow I'm fine. Go for it!
G'snuts (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 04:14 PM
G'snuts

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
i'm not AWD, but i had eibach pro-kit on my 6MT S a few years ago. loved the ride, handling, and stance. i believe it is ~1" drop. my only problem was scraping on parking lot ramps or speedbumps - especially with a passenger or two in the back seat. it was not a daily occurrence, but it happened enough to be a nuisance. very different from my G35 with Z springs which was perfect and never scraped.

i ended up taking off the eibach pro kit and replaced it with eibach adjustable sways. that certainly did more from a handling standpoint, although not as much from a stance aspect. more go, less show.

this all depends on the OP's commute and daily routine. if driveways, sharp transitions, speedbumps are not a concern, then i would definitely suggest a nice subtle drop on the G. looks so much better than stock IMO. especially on the X models which ride a bit higher then the RWD S models i believe.
Originally Posted by NealP
I've had Eibach pro kits on my X coupe for almost a year and I've scraped a few times on speed bumps or ramps into parking lots but usually because I didn't slow down enought but not over every speed bump. There are two decent sized speed bumps I go over every time I leave work and as long as I go slow I'm fine. Go for it!
Thanks fellas, Looks like I will go with the swift springs. I had Eibachs before and they are not subtle at all. Just need that gap gone and still be within reasonable stock comfort.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:13 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Your #1 Infiniti Vendor!

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Swift springs.. Contact us for pricing!

-Josh