Power steering fluid leaking

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Havox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power steering fluid leaking

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm sorry to make this my 1st post but I've searched and can't seem to come up with an answer.

I'm leaking power steering fluid and I've tracked it down however i can't seem to tell if it's the hose that is bad or if there is a O-ring behind the clamp that i can replace.

obviously the hose is expensive and i'd like to avoid doing that if it's possible.

so please look at the pictures and let me know what you think. These pictures are of the power steering hose right above the rack and pinon and seems to be leaking from behind the clamp. yes i checked up at the reservoir and the hoses in the rest of the system, this seems to be the only location fluid is collecting and is dropping on the ground.

i appreciate the help

Old 11-10-2017, 01:22 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
that looks like the hose leaking. the clamp holds a rubber mount that secures the hose in place so it doesn't chafe or move when the car jouncing up/down on the roadway.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:42 AM
ItsRamsey-G

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Probably the hose. I had mine replaced under warranty about a year ago.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:39 AM
darkknightg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power steering leak

Originally Posted by Havox
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm sorry to make this my 1st post but I've searched and can't seem to come up with an answer.

I'm leaking power steering fluid and I've tracked it down however i can't seem to tell if it's the hose that is bad or if there is a O-ring behind the clamp that i can replace.

obviously the hose is expensive and i'd like to avoid doing that if it's possible.

so please look at the pictures and let me know what you think. These pictures are of the power steering hose right above the rack and pinon and seems to be leaking from behind the clamp. yes i checked up at the reservoir and the hoses in the rest of the system, this seems to be the only location fluid is collecting and is dropping on the ground.

i appreciate the help

I have a leak in the same area that I’m about to fix could you tell me what you ended up having to do to fix the leak there
Old 07-13-2019, 03:58 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
OP hasn't been on the board in 15 months, don't expect a reply. Check out the DIY forum or Youtube for videos on PS hose replacement.