Uneven ride height after installing eibachs

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 01:16 AM
usechapstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uneven ride height after installing eibachs

Hey guys, just really needed advice on this as it's kinda bugging me. So I just installed the fronts on my rwd coupe 2 days ago and I measured from the ground up to the fender tonight and my passenger side currently sits half-3/4 an inch lower than the driver side. I know it's only been 2 days so it hasn't fully settled but I wanted to make sure if this was normal or not.

I've read up on some other threads and forums(specifically bmw) and they said bmws are made like that to compensate for the drivers weight when they get in the car. I forgot to measure both of my fronts before installing but...

Is our cars' the same way? Is it just still settling?

Car only has 20k miles on it and springs were purchased new.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:36 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Thats alot of difference.
Double check the work.
Make sure tophats seated fully.
As for driver weight comp im not sure but doubt it.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:47 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Agree w/ IPL, seems excessive, if it was an 1/8th of an inch but over a 1/2" seems a bit much. Check what IPL mentioned, and it's possible the higher side may drop down more in the next couple days.

If everything seems proper, get out and drive it where you can get those springs working. I assume you're waiting to get it aligned, so be sure to do it where it's safe to do so, your car may be handling a bit off, so keep that mind.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:57 PM
PMTW_IPL

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey @usechapstick, I just installed my Eibach pro-kit springs for my IPL. If you're still sitting uneven I'd say take apart the springs and make sure they're lined up with where the fittings for the struts are. Mine was uneven for about 3 days but then finally settled after a week or so and I'm getting it aligned soon. I measured with my fingers lol but the first 2 days, front passenger was 3 fingers gap while front driver was 2. Rears evened out immediately. And I'm also on H&R 20mm spacers all around.

Front passenger night after install

Fully settled front driver

Fully settled rear driver
Old 09-27-2018, 07:24 AM
Hotsauce55
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As mentioned check the seating first then make sure you installed the front springs and didn’t use a rear spring by accident (not sure they would even fit?)