Pads for G37X Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 12:51 PM
sanders_tj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pads for G37X Sedan

I've been doing some research online for pads and rotors for my car. I initially wanted to do a pad/rotor kit from Hawk as about a year ago, I went with them on the wife's Altima and they were fantastic.

I've read great things on the HPS 5.0 pads from Hawk, but it seems they only make the 5.0's for the rear of the car. Bizarre.

So, I'm thinking about just putting the regular HPS's on the front.

I hear the regular HPS's leave more dust than the 5.0's, but I wonder how significant of a difference?

Anyone have any better alternatives? Or better yet, does anyone who are using the HPS pads on their car have any feedback on the pads?

thanks!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:22 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
I have HPS and they are between Hawk blues and ceramic - i.e. medium dust and work better than ceramic all day long.
The following users liked this post:
sanders_tj (06-26-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 04:33 PM
sanders_tj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m3clubracer
I have HPS and they are between Hawk blues and ceramic - i.e. medium dust and work better than ceramic all day long.
Do you recommend Stoptech or Hawk HPS pads? Do you have anything negative to say about the Hawk blues (these are the ones I had picked out, but I haven't ordered yet)?

The stoptech have good reviews online, but most reviews say they have a lot of dust.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:02 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
I do not have any Stoptech history. Only Hawk. I highly recommend them (HPS) for the street or autocross. Not really a track pad. Bed them in.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Stoptech now has two different pads, the Street & the Sport, the new Street Pad is supposed to provide good bite w/ less dust than the previous Street version. The new Sport pad is similar to the prior Street pad, so you'd want the "new" street pad set if dusting is a priority.
Centric Introduces New StopTech Sport and StopTech Street Brake Pads