Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review gtspec fender braces

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:37 AM
sc10692
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
gtspec fender braces

Build quality is good, these braces feel very sturdy. The paint is also very well done (not that you'll be able to see it once installed) . Had a shop install these since I hate doing bodywork and they had to remove the grill bumper and lights to install, not just the fenders. Install was $500.

Its winter here so I haven't really been able to push the car too much with these installed but I can say there's definitely an improvement in how the car reacts while turning on bumpy roads. The car feels less "bouncy" and seems to react quicker. Got some Soul Function braces ready to install so I'm hoping the cumulative effect of all the braces will be very noticeable. More reviews later.

G37s sedan brace - Album on Imgur
Old 04-01-2017, 07:04 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Again curious why you went with these?
Old 04-01-2017, 08:36 PM
sc10692
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Again curious why you went with these?
Better road feel and ride quality. Getting coilovers soon and don't want that flimsy feeling I've felt in other cars with coilovers.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:55 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by sc10692
Better road feel and ride quality. Getting coilovers soon and don't want that flimsy feeling I've felt in other cars with coilovers.
Can you feel a difference
Old 04-01-2017, 10:58 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Been interested in these for a while now. However no way in hell do I want to remove the fenders to do the install. They do look nice though
Old 04-04-2017, 06:16 AM
sc10692
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Can you feel a difference
Yea but only slightly, but like I said its winter here so i haven't really pushed the car very much lately. Probably be more noticeable on coil overs. Hoping additional bracing will also stop any rattles from developing but I don't know.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:14 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Chassis braces are not for the street driven car. You will not feel any difference at all, which there are MUCH better areas/parts to invest your money in. Chassis braces should be the VERY last suspension modification you ever make.

Quality coilovers, supporting arms, endlinks, sways, then strut bars, and IFFFF extreme and doing road course timeattack mayyyyybe chasis braces, but quality wheels/tires would be way above the braces themselves.

Flex in your chassis isn't a bad thing. A small amt of chasis flex is good and needed for camber to do its job on your setup on the course.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:03 PM
sc10692
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Chassis braces are not for the street driven car. You will not feel any difference at all, which there are MUCH better areas/parts to invest your money in. Chassis braces should be the VERY last suspension modification you ever make.

Quality coilovers, supporting arms, endlinks, sways, then strut bars, and IFFFF extreme and doing road course timeattack mayyyyybe chasis braces, but quality wheels/tires would be way above the braces themselves.

Flex in your chassis isn't a bad thing. A small amt of chasis flex is good and needed for camber to do its job on your setup on the course.
Literally just said you can feel a difference. Z comes with additional bracing over the G stock, its not there for no reason.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by sc10692
Z comes with additional bracing over the G stock, its not there for no reason.
Thats interesting. I know the under bracing and sub frame materials differ within the G line up (I.e. sedan, RWD, AWD, Coupe, Vert) I wonder if any of the G variants have it too.