Air Suspension- Accuair vs. Airlift

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 10:30 PM
pureoptic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Suspension- Accuair vs. Airlift

Hello! I'm currently looking into an air suspension system for my G (don't start the "don't do bags" stuff, I've heard it enough and it won't do anything). I've been a huge fan of Accuair for probably a year now, and have always had this thought in my head that if I could ever run bags, it would be Accuair.

I've heard more and more about Airlift recently, and it's something that's sparked an interest in me. I don't want to be closed-minded with systems, because I want to get the right setup.

I know there are pros and cons to both, but I'm just looking at an idea of why one would run Accuair over Airlift, or vice versa. I love the E-Level system Accuair offers, and that would be the kit I would run from them.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with either brand, and could offer some input to either side?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2016, 02:45 PM
13G37
MurderedOutG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pureoptic
Hello! I'm currently looking into an air suspension system for my G (don't start the "don't do bags" stuff, I've heard it enough and it won't do anything). I've been a huge fan of Accuair for probably a year now, and have always had this thought in my head that if I could ever run bags, it would be Accuair.

I've heard more and more about Airlift recently, and it's something that's sparked an interest in me. I don't want to be closed-minded with systems, because I want to get the right setup.

I know there are pros and cons to both, but I'm just looking at an idea of why one would run Accuair over Airlift, or vice versa. I love the E-Level system Accuair offers, and that would be the kit I would run from them.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with either brand, and could offer some input to either side?

Thanks in advance!

I would like to know this too, because the roads and curbs here in michigan are TERRIBLE.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:19 PM
kennyk11
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I too am quite interested, but don't really know the best route to take
Old 07-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
You wont hear that BS here, we love air ride on our G's. Looks so damn good and rides like butter...
Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
id like to know how air affects the alignment everytime the car goes up and down.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:29 AM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
id like to know how air affects the alignment everytime the car goes up and down.
These kits usually have a "ride height" in which you initially align the car to. This is really the only level you should be driving distances on. You want to crawl around the parking lot at a "low height", or get over speed bumps at "full height", but the set ride height is what you align the car to. When you hit that button, it should return to the ride height level and alignment should be fine.

The problem is when you adjust the "ride height" setting, and don't realign the car...

To the OP - I ran accuair after the same debate. It has a more accurate manifold, and uses those level sensors rather than a PSI based system, which can vary depending on weight, weather, and other variables. I liked that my Accuair was a "living, breathing" system constantly watching and making adjustments. Worth the extra money.