Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review BC BR Type Coilovers + '12 G37xS sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 09:42 AM
nhnas38

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
BC BR Type Coilovers + '12 G37xS sedan

I purchased these coilovers from ConceptZPerformance for $995 shipped. The coilovers themselves are very well build and come with 4mm of preload out of the box. The installation was very easy and can be done within an afternoon. They come with 10k up front and 8K springs in the rear that translates almost to on rails handling, its incredible. On Chicago roads the ride quality is smooth similar to M and AMG cars only harsh over very rough pavement it becomes unconformable (the damper setting to 10 clicks from soft). The car is lowered to 1 finger gap and rarely scrape only have once on a very high speed bump. The toe and caster were all corrected by the dealer to factory spec but the camper, however, couldn't be, it is -2.1 degrees front and rear; tires are evenly wearing 300 miles later. The springs did settle a bit but a very small amount. Overall I highly recommend these coilovers, they perform great while still maintaining ride quality. Happy driving

**4,000 mile update***
These coilovers still perform and feel great. They settled a very small amount almost not noticeable. Still only makes noise on the right bump ~1% chance of that happening, other than that they very quite. Tires still wearing evenly

**10,000 mile update***
Now that I got to know these coilovers a little better. They still ride pretty good although can get a little jarring on rough chicago pavement, but on and average street they ride like any Porsche or M/AMG car in stiffest suspension mode. Keep in mind I have it set to 10 clicks from soft, I found this to be the best for daily driving but could a little stiffening up when your carving that mountain road not to say that they are too soft on your daily commute. Build quality is still solid even after a few snow storms, there are no signs of rust or squeaking. They are still very quite coilovers. I do recommend getting stiffer sways, however, to complete that 40% that is missing. Stock sways are just too soft. One complaint however is the front passenger side spring moved in its seat and squeaked when it was hard lock in the right direction when braking, Mine went away on its own, but I would but some WD-40 to be sure it will stay quite. Tires are wearing evenly all the way around. Overall still very pleased and enjoy to drive on them.

*Note*
I was messing around with the damping and I set the front end up 2 clicks so now I have 12 clicks from soft up front and 10 clicks from soft in the rear and the car feel completely different. It feel that car is even better dampened than before as a result the car feel alot more tighter, better turn in, more stable, and better ride (not bouncy). It seems 10 clicks from soft for the front is too little, it felt a little bouncy and rolls more also when coming to a stop it would seesaw slightly but not anymore. IMHO this is the perfect DD settings.

***40,000 mile update***
It has been a amazing 40,000 miles on these coilovers. They have endured 3 chicago winters. I also got the chance to install SPC camber kit with some DWS06 tires and let me tell you the car handles like a dream. Tires offer plenty of grip and coilovers feel solid and direct! The ride has softened over time, but not significantly. These coilovers ride way better than stock, they are comfortable ( even than a lot of nicer performance cars) but still offers that tight direct feel as I mentioned above. Now on to durability. At first glance these coilovers look rough because it is starting to chip but overall coils held up to abuse very well such as massive potholes I didn’t see coming, rough railroad tracks I didn’t see coming, you see where this is going ect. In conclusion, after 40,000 miles they became slightly softer and the paint started to chip (recommend a sleeve) but I think they might be on their way out because of the corrosion and a popping noise. Its similar to your shoulder cup on your body...imagine it gets torn up or pulled and than there is some play. Typical as well with BC...their upper mounts are not very strong. Material they use is not all that great and warps and causes these issues. Photos below

*** 65,000 mile update ***
The rust has proved to be no issues what so ever. Car still rides great and the shocks and springs are still doing their job correctly. The car has now been through 4 long salty chicago winters and a few blizzards and stupid low temps.

Here a photo, i will take better shots on the weekend.

Attached Thumbnails BC BR Type Coilovers + '12 G37xS sedan-f83b5833-b473-46f0-b45b-760e0eed0b83.jpeg  

Last edited by nhnas38; 02-28-2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Update
The following 4 users liked this post by nhnas38:
andylegend (09-21-2016), blnewt (11-11-2015), NightMarauder (04-10-2016), SwissCheeseHead (08-27-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Any updates? FWIW, the IPL suspension is 9.8K front, 8.02 K rear and it's a very nice setup for the street with a slight nod to comfort vs. all out performance. So a 10K/8K setup is probably ideal for a daily driver.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:51 PM
nhnas38

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ape Factory
Any updates? FWIW, the IPL suspension is 9.8K front, 8.02 K rear and it's a very nice setup for the street with a slight nod to comfort vs. all out performance. So a 10K/8K setup is probably ideal for a daily driver.
Yes a 10k/8k are very nice set up for these cars. Stillen has to agree with that also. You can stiffen these things up to rock hard, but I like to keep it a slight nod to comfort because it is a DD. Check out my 10k update.
The following users liked this post:
SwissCheeseHead (08-27-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Thanks! Much appreciated.