Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review Eibach Pro kit springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Roadrash666
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
Eibach Pro kit springs

I recently installed the Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 2008 coupe. These are my impressions.
Drop/Appearance: I got about an inch and a half in the front, and right at an inch in the rear, and it looks killer. The springs settled about an additional half inch a week after the installation. They gave a nice even drop, and are perfect IMO for a daily driver.

Ride/Comfort: After reading all the negative posts concerning ride quality with the Eibachs, I was a little apprehensive going in. The ride changed very little if any from stock, it is slightly firmer. I firmly believe that anyone who says these springs ruined the ride of their car put them on upside down, or had bad struts to begin with. The other possibility is that they failed to take into account the lower profile of their new 20 inch tires. There is no jarring ride or excessive bounce or any of the other negative things I have seen in other posts.(btw, these springs are used, I bought them off a forum member who said they had 20k miles on them) The car definitely has less body roll in the corners, and almost zero nose dive under braking.

Installation: Fronts were a bitch. I ended up buying some low mileage struts off Ebay and having a friend with the correct spring compressor mount the springs on them. The tight coils at the top made using the compressor I had access to, a sketchy proposition at best.(I've had a spring come out of a compressor before and hit me, lucky I wasn't hurt bad) Rears were a piece of cake.

Affect on alignment: Much has been discussd on the forum about the neccessity of camber kits. My alignment is just barely out of specs on the front camber. Left front is -1.5 and right front is -1.4, I don't think those numbers are excessive. Left rear is -1.6 and right rear is -1.7, those are within factory specs. Toe is fine all the way around. Could the fronts be better? Sure but 3/10ths and 2/10ths of a degree is nothing to get bent out of shape about, my toe is actually better now than it was stock. We'll see how the tires wear.

If I didn't answer any questions feel free to ask. I'm also not saying the camber kits might not be a neccessity for someone elses car, they just weren't for mine.
Here are my alignment specs, the first file is all stock. The second is with the springs and new rims, and tires. I added a before and a couple of after pics of the drop. 5-3-15
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro kit springs-20150311_183929_resized.jpg   Eibach Pro kit springs-20150503_172218.jpg   Eibach Pro kit springs-20150503_172146.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Scan.pdf (187.6 KB, 391 views)
File Type: pdf
Scan2.pdf (206.1 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Roadrash666; 05-03-2015 at 08:12 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Roadrash666:
blnewt (04-22-2015), g37-amatuer (06-15-2015), Gio37 (08-10-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Gstring37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice review. Pics of before and after?
The following users liked this post:
Roadrash666 (04-20-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Roadrash666
Registered Member

I haven't had a chance to take any decent pics since the springs have settled, but when I get a chance I will do so and add them to the review. There are some pics in the aggressive offsets and fat tires thread that I took right after I put the springs on, but they have dropped another half inch or so since I took those.

Last edited by Roadrash666; 04-20-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:29 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice review, glad that spring compressor incident didn't end badly, I've used them a couple times and always feel a little nervous when doing so.
Roadrash666 (04-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 10:30 PM
beng37s

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Those look great! I just got mine in the mail today and can't wait to get them on!
Roadrash666 (09-23-2015)
Old 09-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Roadrash666
Registered Member

Originally Posted by beng37s
Those look great! I just got mine in the mail today and can't wait to get them on!
I've got a few thousand miles on this setup, and still am VERY happy. I hope you enjoy yours!
Old 01-29-2019, 10:27 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadrash666
I recently installed the Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 2008 coupe. These are my impressions.
Drop/Appearance: I got about an inch and a half in the front, and right at an inch in the rear, and it looks killer. The springs settled about an additional half inch a week after the installation. They gave a nice even drop, and are perfect IMO for a daily driver.

Ride/Comfort: After reading all the negative posts concerning ride quality with the Eibachs, I was a little apprehensive going in. The ride changed very little if any from stock, it is slightly firmer. I firmly believe that anyone who says these springs ruined the ride of their car put them on upside down, or had bad struts to begin with. The other possibility is that they failed to take into account the lower profile of their new 20 inch tires. There is no jarring ride or excessive bounce or any of the other negative things I have seen in other posts.(btw, these springs are used, I bought them off a forum member who said they had 20k miles on them) The car definitely has less body roll in the corners, and almost zero nose dive under braking.

Installation: Fronts were a bitch. I ended up buying some low mileage struts off Ebay and having a friend with the correct spring compressor mount the springs on them. The tight coils at the top made using the compressor I had access to, a sketchy proposition at best.(I've had a spring come out of a compressor before and hit me, lucky I wasn't hurt bad) Rears were a piece of cake.

Affect on alignment: Much has been discussd on the forum about the neccessity of camber kits. My alignment is just barely out of specs on the front camber. Left front is -1.5 and right front is -1.4, I don't think those numbers are excessive. Left rear is -1.6 and right rear is -1.7, those are within factory specs. Toe is fine all the way around. Could the fronts be better? Sure but 3/10ths and 2/10ths of a degree is nothing to get bent out of shape about, my toe is actually better now than it was stock. We'll see how the tires wear.

If I didn't answer any questions feel free to ask. I'm also not saying the camber kits might not be a neccessity for someone elses car, they just weren't for mine.
Here are my alignment specs, the first file is all stock. The second is with the springs and new rims, and tires. I added a before and a couple of after pics of the drop. 5-3-15
I know this is an old post, but I am about to do the same thing to my car. I was planning to order the front and rear camber/toe kits from SPC but after seeing your post, I might hold off on that... I'll see how close they can get it to spec with the stock setup. I agree, 1.5 negative camber on the front is not bad.

It has been a few years, if you still have that car and are still on the forum, how are your tires doing? Do they have excessive wear on the inside?

Thanks