Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review Fortune Auto 500 AWD coilover review

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Sylo
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I installed these almost 2 weeks ago. I will provide a review this weekend hopefully.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:41 AM
radguy88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sylo, I also live in Colorado and am looking at these coils. Let us know how it works out for you.

Also where are you guys buying these from?

Last edited by radguy88; 10-06-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
if you guys are on Facebook check out VQ CO if you haven't already theres a good bunch of guys on there.

We have a little get together planned this Friday!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by radguy88
Also where are you guys buying these from?
I bought them from TH Motorsports - ask for Luke.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:41 PM
radguy88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
if you guys are on Facebook check out VQ CO if you haven't already theres a good bunch of guys on there.

We have a little get together planned this Friday!
Just joined!

Originally Posted by Jethro
I bought them from TH Motorsports - ask for Luke.
Just got off the phone with him.

So do you like them?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Ordered mine a few days ago. *crosses fingers and hopes they are as good as I imagine*
Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Motoboat
Ordered mine a few days ago. *crosses fingers and hopes they are as good as I imagine*
Looking forward to your impressions.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Motoboat

Finally picked mine up from the FedEx location, cant wait to install this weekend. I'll post some initial comments form install and ride. They look top notch, packaging was excellent and so was the workmanship (as much as one can tell from just looking at a product) i do have kind of a different plan now that i have seen the spring sizes
Old 12-04-2014, 10:48 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anybody with these develop any noise issues (or any other issues for that matter)?
Old 12-08-2014, 03:01 PM
chiefrock
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Rear Extenders Question

Hello Jethro, I'm also in Illinois and I'm saving up to get the Fortune 500's installed on my x coupe. Quick question: are the rear extenders out of the way if you need to put an over-sized item in the trunk (e.g. a large suitcase)? If not, can they be easily removed?

Thanks for the review.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:22 PM
MylilG

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well it's been a few months now and I haven't had any noises or any problems with the coilovers. I just made it driving from WA state to DC with an extra 1080lbs. and even though the roads weren't all that great, the suspension kept up very well. I'm glad I went with the fortune 500's. I'd definitely recommend them.
The following users liked this post:
Dj1ofDet (01-21-2015)
Old 12-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
How much did you pay for yours and where did you buy them from?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Motoboat

Originally Posted by chiefrock
Hello Jethro, I'm also in Illinois and I'm saving up to get the Fortune 500's installed on my x coupe. Quick question: are the rear extenders out of the way if you need to put an over-sized item in the trunk (e.g. a large suitcase)? If not, can they be easily removed?

Thanks for the review.
You can put then in the trunk or have them extend out through the rear deck behind the back seat. you could definitely position them so as to not interfere with any cargo space in the trunk.

Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
How much did you pay for yours and where did you buy them from?
THMotorsports, they are a vendor on here, Pm them for for a price quote, these can be built to order so prices vary.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Can anyone comment on the Fortune 500 coilovers with the coils they come with stock vs. the swift spring upgrade? Is it worth the price difference? How do they ride with Fortune 500's springs on them?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:28 PM
P'sLPG

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jethro
I have had these coilovers installed on my 2009 G37xS sedan for about two weeks now. As has been indicated in another thread, the packaging was excellent, and they appear to be a quality product. All the adjustments work well, the install was straight forward and nothing needed to be modified to fit. THMotorsports was great to work with, it just took a little longer than anyone planned to actually get this developed. But hey, I'd rather wait and it be right versus rushing out a crap product. So no complaints here.

I decided to get the Swift spring upgrade, had street valving and the rear adjustment extenders. 11kg/mm front, 8kg/mm rear spring rates.

The OEM rear spring setup is a little different than other coilovers I have seen for our cars. The rear spring still sits in the OEM location, but there is an adapter that the spring sits in. Guess it was easier to develop as it appears to be the same type of spring that is used in a truecoilover (versus the bigger diameter OEM spring).

I am still messing with the damping settings, and right now am about in the middle settings. So far it rides much better than my previous Swift lowering springs paired with OEM struts. I am lowered to about 26-1/2" all around measured from ground to top of the wheel well at the fenders. Ride is a smotth and a little firm, but none of the gut retching crashing on large bumps as before. Seems to be appropriate for a sport luxury sedan. Larger potholes will sometimes cause a bit of spring noise, but it isn't a bottoming out sort of sound that makes you cringe.

So I am very happy with this set up so far. Will see how they react as time goes on, and there will be the Chicago winter to deal with in a few months.

Hope this helps anyone contemplating this setup for your AWD G!

Thanks for the review. I was recently told that because of the nature of the rear suspension design of the awd you can't do the swift spring upgrade in the rear. Is this true and do you know how the coils ride without the swift springs?

Quick Reply: Review Fortune Auto 500 AWD coilover review