xpost from G35driver: MY brakes are driving me CRAZY

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
xpost from G35driver: MY brakes are driving me CRAZY

Cross posting just to see if anyone here may have some insight into my dillema. post is below

So a few months back i did a full rotor pad swap on my 07 sport brakes. its 13" rotors all around. I went with some Generic Centric Rotors in the rear and some Powerslot rotors up front. EBC Red stuff all around. When i first had them installed they made horrible squealing noise under braking at slow speeds. EBC says that it could happen due to the break in material. i gave it time and the noise went away and my brakes were noise free.

Fast forward to now. my brakes are quiet... until they get warmed up. once that happens i get crazy brake noise that sounds like its coming from the front left wheel. only happens below 20mph and under light braking only. heavy braking makes no noise until i start to let off the pedal when im almost to a complete stop. anytime the brakes are lightly applied a high pitched squeal happens. I looked at the caliper through the wheel opening and it looks like the wear indicator is on the outside of the rotor, i thought that was supposed to be on the inside? would that even matter? Im afraid if i go in and switch them now (about 3k miles later) thats just going to make them worse.

Any ideas on how to get that noise to go away? take them off and regrease? install more shims? im at a loss. i dont want to have to completely start over and buy new brakes to get rid of the problem.

G35 Sedan Brake noise - YouTube