Suspension squeek?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
raug37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Suspension squeek?

Hey guys whats up newbie here so please excuse me if i am not posting this in the right place.

i have an 08 infiniti g37 S (journey a/t) with 32500 miles on her,

i seem to be having a little situation with the suspension everytime i hit a bump going 5 mph on a school zone or slow for that matter my car will make a STIFF squeeky noise in the front passenger side, kinda like an old bed if you know what i mean.

I've taken it to INFINITI to get it checked out but they tell me that there is no problem at all with my struts, and suspension.
has anyone had this problem before(if so, what do you recommend.)

thanks guys.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
TheGspot37s

YES! same issue here on 08 G37S with 50K miles....it's more noticeable when it's hot outside. Sounds horrible. Dealer thought it was the bushings needing lubrication but that did not help. Anyone have luck figuring out what it is?
Old 06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Garz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the same thing. Gets worse when its warmer. I found the squeaking is coming from my center consloe. Like styrafoam rubbing together. I can't find anyone else with this problem. I have same year, model, and mileage as you.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
raug37s

Originally Posted by TheGspot37s
YES! same issue here on 08 G37S with 50K miles....it's more noticeable when it's hot outside. Sounds horrible. Dealer thought it was the bushings needing lubrication but that did not help. Anyone have luck figuring out what it is?

yeah i went to the dealer and told them to check the bushings, i.e: strut mount , control arm, etc... but they said they saw nothing wrong i even assumed the possibility of the motor mount or tranny mount being bad, but they said there was no problem... the thing about it is if they dealer or service techs cant duplicate the problem it cant be fixed.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone said to lube the sway bar. Also check the sway link for a cracked boot.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
TheGspot37s

Originally Posted by Garz
I thought the same thing. Gets worse when its warmer. I found the squeaking is coming from my center consloe. Like styrafoam rubbing together. I can't find anyone else with this problem. I have same year, model, and mileage as you.
Mine is definitely coming from the front suspension.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 PM
TheGspot37s

Originally Posted by raug37s
yeah i went to the dealer and told them to check the bushings, i.e: strut mount , control arm, etc... but they said they saw nothing wrong i even assumed the possibility of the motor mount or tranny mount being bad, but they said there was no problem... the thing about it is if they dealer or service techs cant duplicate the problem it cant be fixed.
Yea I love how they are always unable to replicate anything...best bet is to record a video while driving and show it to them...prob my next step.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
raug37s

Originally Posted by breftayka
Someone said to lube the sway bar. Also check the sway link for a cracked boot.

very true , ill check that out here pretty soon. thanks
Old 06-09-2011, 08:24 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

i had this same problem on my '10 g37x coupe. i only have 8k miles on it, and dealership told me there wasnt anything wrong. i took some wd-40 and sprayed some pivot points under the car and anywhere i thought that there was movement / contact with another metal part. something fixed it, as the sound is completely gone. im going to use some silicone based grease as someone pointed out in another thread to fix this problem for good, but as of now wd-40 was a quick and effective fix!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:03 PM
raug37s

Originally Posted by mystakin
i had this same problem on my '10 g37x coupe. i only have 8k miles on it, and dealership told me there wasnt anything wrong. i took some wd-40 and sprayed some pivot points under the car and anywhere i thought that there was movement / contact with another metal part. something fixed it, as the sound is completely gone. im going to use some silicone based grease as someone pointed out in another thread to fix this problem for good, but as of now wd-40 was a quick and effective fix!
that sounds like an idea haha

ill give it a shot this weekend , im going to change the air filters and cabin air filter anyway so might as well get down there and grease her up!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by raug37s
that sounds like an idea haha

ill give it a shot this weekend , im going to change the air filters and cabin air filter anyway so might as well get down there and grease her up!
hopefully it works for you, because it sure worked for me. been at least a week or two without any squeaks!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 PM
raug37s

Originally Posted by mystakin
hopefully it works for you, because it sure worked for me. been at least a week or two without any squeaks!

i sure hope so cause i hate hearing it cause before now, no one seemed to know how to fix it lol
im happy i joined this forum.

on my way home to start working on the car.

thanks again
Old 07-12-2011, 10:50 AM
htwnlovaboy

i have the same problem on my 08 g37s with 46k miles.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Perkchiro

Same issue here with my 08 G37S with 19K. Comes and goes and worse on warmer days too.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Where did you guys lube? The sway bushings?? I noticed the same noise a few days ago, 6k miles, But I'm dropped so the dealer option is out.

Quick Reply: Suspension squeek?