Eibach Is Looking for 2009 AWD Sedan to Test Fit Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Mike P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GxS
Do you mind shipping your sedan to Hotchkis for sways and hopefully another company for coilovers too ?
Definitely. I would love to help product development in anyway possible.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:35 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
They should just rent one...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Wes_888

Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I posted a link to this thread on G35Driver.
I know there's a few 2nd gen G35X that are looking for a drop too.
+1

Originally Posted by Mike P
Definitely. I would love to help product development in anyway possible.
Awesome! check out this thread I started on G35driver on the hotchkis sways.

http://g35driver.com/forums/v36-brak...-not-lost.html
Old 08-29-2009, 12:18 AM
bat6wc

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
subscribed!

I say coilovers should be the priority although not the most cost efficient in the long run as I think more X owners looking to drop would rather just do springs.

I cant help unless something is in STL.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 AM
SANTOS29

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm using the non AWD springs at this time, but it wil be nice to have something especifically design for AWD, let us know for sure.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
They should just rent one...
If they could find one, I'm sure they'd have done that already, but I have yet to see an X in SoCal. I know Rick at Riverside Infiniti claims they have never got sold one either, or even get one in for service.

Unless someone out here decides to special order one, then someone needs to be willing to drive (or ship) there car out here for a few weeks to make this happen.

FYI.. I literally live 5 miles from Eibach here in Corona, CA, and I'd love to help out, but like everyone else out here, I have a RWD.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
If they could find one, I'm sure they'd have done that already, but I have yet to see an X in SoCal. I know Rick at Riverside Infiniti claims they have never got sold one either, or even get one in for service.

Unless someone out here decides to special order one, then someone needs to be willing to drive (or ship) there car out here for a few weeks to make this happen.

FYI.. I literally live 5 miles from Eibach here in Corona, CA, and I'd love to help out, but like everyone else out here, I have a RWD.
Yeah, true enough! Damn you Californians and your non-snow weather!

They'd really make some bank off us Midwest/East coast suckers if they could find an x and put a set of springs together.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Mike P

There's another thread on this. There are some others who are getting things. We may be seeing the begining of a beautiful thing.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...r-the-awd.html
Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 PM
TJackson

Steve, thanks for making this post to show interest in this kit!

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G

You are absolutely right. We've tried to rent one and they just aren't too common out here. If anyone is willing to let us use their car for a few days please email me directly at tjackson@eibach.com and we'll work out details. You would, of course, get a free Pro-Kit once we're done with the car.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:24 PM
classy37

Originally Posted by TJackson

You are absolutely right. We've tried to rent one and they just aren't too common out here. If anyone is willing to let us use their car for a few days please email me directly at tjackson@eibach.com and we'll work out details. You would, of course, get a free Pro-Kit once we're done with the car.
Tony, thanks for checking in! If I wasn't a billion miles away I'd drive over.

Someone HAS to have an AWD in Cali. LET'S GO PEOPLE!

Tony, just so we have an idea of what's involved here, would you start by fitting the RDW Sedan springs? Or do you have a prototype for the AWD sedan waiting to be tested? What happens if the springs you were planning on testing on the AWD sedan do NOT fit? What kind of turnaround is expected to design ones that do?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
bat6wc

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TJackson

Thank you for posting. Just curious and I know I am jumping the gun here, but would coilovers be in the foreseeable future if you are going to test springs?
Old 12-18-2009, 01:26 PM
TJackson

Originally Posted by classy37
Tony, thanks for checking in! If I wasn't a billion miles away I'd drive over.

Someone HAS to have an AWD in Cali. LET'S GO PEOPLE!

Tony, just so we have an idea of what's involved here, would you start by fitting the RDW Sedan springs? Or do you have a prototype for the AWD sedan waiting to be tested? What happens if the springs you were planning on testing on the AWD sedan do NOT fit? What kind of turnaround is expected to design ones that do?
Just checking back on this thread. The R&D department would most likely try using springs already being manufactured for similar models to get a base test. Some springs may be compatible and we may have to engineer a new spring for front or rear. They know what they're doing and as long as we have all of the right size raw material the process shouldn't take too long.

This isn't an application we forgot about but we still haven't seen any AWD models around.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's not easy finding an X in Southern CA. The word was out in early 2007 so I assume there are still no takers.

See post 15 here:
http://g35driver.com/forums/v36-brak...ng-eibach.html
Old 01-27-2010, 06:07 PM
looslip

all us X drivers are in norcal.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 PM
qb37Xs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm subscribed, would definitely love a set of springs made specifically for the X.

Quick Reply: Eibach Is Looking for 2009 AWD Sedan to Test Fit Springs