Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
13' Sport Sedan 6MT
Suspension: KW V3 Coilovers,
Ride height: 26.5" front and reat
Tire/wheel size: 19x8.5 245/40/19 front 19x9 275/35/19 rear
Alignment hardware: SPL front and rear camber arm, SPC rear toe bolts
No rub
Level all around

I see a lot of people riding between 26" to 26.75". Do most of you find it too low? For me, when I ride by myself it's a perfect height sitting at 26.5". When I'm driving around with 4 adults in the car or even 3, I seem to bottom out easily hitting my braces I have installed. Does anyone else have that issue? I live in Vegas so there isn't too many issues with uneven terrain or what not. When I go through speed bumps, I need to drive like those super low civic with popping one tire over at a time to prevent it from hitting the front brace. I was driving up a parking garage and when I got to the top, my car bottomed up with four people in. I'm debating if I should go to 27" or 27.5" to be on the safe side.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Should be ok at 26.5, I was at 25.75 and it was a chore driving day to day. I'm now at 26.25 and IMO it's a good height for daily driving. Go to Vegas 4-5x a year and don't have trouble. When I was lower I almost had to get towed from the underground parking at the old Riviera though, but just slowly scraped badly over a speed hump and limped out of that garage ***But yeah, it's usually just my wife & I, if you're runnoing 4 adults on a regular basis might need to bump it up another 1/2", or have them get out before you go into unknown parking garages
Old 11-30-2016, 11:44 PM
Peruviann
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
are you guys measuring from the fender to bottom of tire ?
Old 12-01-2016, 08:27 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Peruviann
are you guys measuring from the fender to bottom of tire ?
I measure from the ground to the top of the fender arc
Old 04-05-2018, 10:58 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
For the losers who measure distance in "fingers":

Please put an actual measurement of your ride height from the ground to the top of the fender opening in inches. "1 finger" or "2 fingers" is a measurement of how far you get on a date with your slutty girlfriend, not a scientifically accepted measurement of distance. Get a tape measure or yard stick please! Thank you.

Amended my setup info int he first post.
Or post how many fingers, and also include how fat your fingers are.
The following users liked this post:
Howard_lucas17 (10-29-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 10:03 AM
goldbug
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts
A little late to the party, but better late than never. The more info out there for the community the better. I’ll probably raise my car .25” in the front and definitely .25” in the rears to avoid rubbing and scraping issues with more aggressive offset 19” wheels, but here’s current measurements. Definitely doable for a DD if you are a little cautious. I have to be careful pulling up to the cement sidewalk gutters or bumpers in parking lots- my trick is to use the reflection of the car I’m next to so I can see how close my lip is from getting crunched.

+ G37S Coupe
+ Tein Street Basis Z
+ 26” ftg on all four corners
+ OEM Enkei split spoke 19” setup - 8.5” front, 9” rear, offsets not clarified for the 2013 sport wheels but around +43 F and +45 R
+No rubbing issues without spacers. I have some 20mm spacers and extended studs I’m installing soon and will update this comment after with any rubbing issues. Current specs for camber are -2.1 F and -2.3 R
+Drop is even on both sides after being corner balanced.

I do scrape on speed bumps and my driveway if I don’t angle.
The following users liked this post:
KellingFrenzy (08-27-2019)
Old 06-22-2021, 07:55 AM
_Nate_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G37 journey sedan.

Currently sitting at 26 5/8" in the front and 26 3/8" in the rear, using tein flex z coilovers. Only had the car for 2 months. So I'm still on the oem 17's. No alignment yet, but I do also have the godspeed project front upper control arms and rear adjustable camber arms. I have not run into issues of scraping yet, but the car has only been lowered for 2 days and I've only driven with one other person in car.

For reference, if you happen to purchase tein flex z coilovers, I did not adjust anything on the front coilovers. 26 5/8" is what they gave me out of the box. If they are consistant with how they set them up, this is what you can expect. The rear, I adjusted the springs to sit as high as they would go. To where the adjustment collar was flush with the bottom of the threaded portion that sits on top of the spring. That gave me 26 3/8" for the rear.

2013 Graphite Shadow G37 Journey Sedan
​Tein Flex Z coilovers
Godspeed adjustable front upper control arms
Godspeed rear adjustable camber arms
Z1 "race" CAI with larger velocity stacks
Z1 CNC ported plenum
Tanabe medalion axle back exhausts
Tanabe Y-pipe
Uprev standard tune. Not completed.

Last edited by _Nate_; 06-22-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Grammer correction
Old 09-10-2023, 12:02 AM
mondov36sedan
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow im pretty late to this one but heres what i got

2013 G37xS Sedan

currently at 26 3/8 all around, its been 2 days with this height. finally got my license and im probably the only 16 yo on this forum lol. Me and a buddy took it for a night drive and handling wise i think it did pretty well i was worried how it would do cuz of the fact i matched front and rear height . but i did slip on a little uphill jump nothing too crazy the car spun left a little i caught it pretty good. We hit a corner too fast and almost went off the road luckily it wasn’t too fast, i braked real hard in time in the middle of the turn so we didnt go flying off the road. Idk if the height is suffering the handling , it definitely handled good enough it didnt suck but i feel if i lowered the rear more it would probably do alot better. but idk, it would be nice if i could get feedback on this part cuz idk what to do.Im just sceptical about the matched front and rear height cuz of how the fenders are designed i felt like it should be reversed raked or else the car will essentially be raked in a sense because the FSM says the height is a quarter inch lower in the rear so i guess it’s designed to be reverse raked. someone who has a sedan pls pls give me some feedback on what i should do with the height

BC racing RS coils (not true coils)

z1 FUCA
z1 rear camber arm
i think ill need a z1 toe arm too
Old 09-10-2023, 03:28 AM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mondov36sedan
wow im pretty late to this one but heres what i got

2013 G37xS Sedan

currently at 26 3/8 all around, its been 2 days with this height. finally got my license and im probably the only 16 yo on this forum lol. Me and a buddy took it for a night drive and handling wise i think it did pretty well i was worried how it would do cuz of the fact i matched front and rear height . but i did slip on a little uphill jump nothing too crazy the car spun left a little i caught it pretty good. We hit a corner too fast and almost went off the road luckily it wasn’t too fast, i braked real hard in time in the middle of the turn so we didnt go flying off the road. Idk if the height is suffering the handling , it definitely handled good enough it didnt suck but i feel if i lowered the rear more it would probably do alot better. but idk, it would be nice if i could get feedback on this part cuz idk what to do.Im just sceptical about the matched front and rear height cuz of how the fenders are designed i felt like it should be reversed raked or else the car will essentially be raked in a sense because the FSM says the height is a quarter inch lower in the rear so i guess it’s designed to be reverse raked. someone who has a sedan pls pls give me some feedback on what i should do with the height

BC racing RS coils (not true coils)

z1 FUCA
z1 rear camber arm
i think ill need a z1 toe arm too
I just want to say please be careful driving, it sounds like you're headed for trouble. The G37 is a very nice car and your life is important - don't be reckless with either one. Please be safer, consider your own safety and that of others on the road. As far as lowering, I had the front lower than the back because it looked better, I also put front and rear Hotchkiss swaybars on, SPC control arms and adjustable toe arms and got a proper alignment. I did not detect any handling issues having the front lower than the back. I also put wider tires on the front and back on the stock rims. The car looked great and handled amazingly well. I don't remember what height I had but I made it so the front wouldn't rub at full lock going over bumps and had the rear a little higher. Drive safe. If you want to test your limits look for local SCCA events, you can push you and your car past the limits and the only consequence will be hitting a few cones. It is also a great way to improve your driving. An accident is very costly - seemingly mild body damage will cost thousands to repair.